1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Shake Me! by RoxieSnape - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Master Slytherin, Aug 12, 2005.

1. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Very good story... yes, save for the fucking baby.

But you have to consider the fact that the autor is a girl. She probably put that bit to emphasize that beneath Harry's rough and rougish exterior lies a sweet and caring man. Girls love that kind of shit, same way kids love Santa Claus. At least kids learn the truth sooner or later :).

On the other hand, I think that Hufflepuff bit was brilliant. I mean, what's more Slytherin than hiding your true abilities and making everyone underestimate you? Harry in Hufflepuff is like a wolf amongst the sheep.

Anyway, great story overall (yea, yea, save for the fucking baby).

Too bad the sequel was quickly abandoned.

2. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Was it abandoned? I knew she took it off, because she wasn't happy about it. But I thought that she was going to start it up again. ::shrug:: Guess not.

3. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

She is... i get the odd notification from her yahoo group about people asking... its one of those im writing but there are delays thing going on with it...

4. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

Here here, i liked that bit to, its different cause i haven't seen to many do this so it's fresh.

5. Shit load of crap!

"Shake me" Sucks! Honestly, the idea of Harry fucking Potter in Hufflepuff is horrible. And why og why does he have a child dragging after him?? It just ruin the whole story! And what's up with the Granger/Harry romans......... There is no way in hell they ever fit together, not in this fic and not in any other fic!

I read at least 7 chapter before I gave up, it wasn't getting any better, only getting worse!

6. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Actually, I liked Harry in Hufflepuff, especially since he doesn't belong there. That's good Slytherin tactics, make your opponents underestimate yourself.

HHr wasn't that badly done. Even better was that they broke up later on and Harry went with that vamp nymho chick.

But the baby... Aaggh! It fucking ruined the story! It was still fun to read, mind you, but it could have been one of the best. The author obviously let her female instincts overpower her common sense. I hope fucking baby dies in the first chapter of the sequel (if there is one).

7. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

I've read a few of RxoieSnape's fics before, cause the name is familiar, but I got into this one and, as someone said " puke blood ". Not my type of shit, rather the kill-em-all cunning, has-balls! fics.

8. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

She did start a sequal, it was into the fourth chapter and suddenly it vanished. Wasnt that great anyway. He had more kids....

9. XclusivPetal

XclusivPetal Card Captored and buttsecksed

Nuit interestin comment halarious as hell and im in agreement read the story it was okiiiiii cute baby but not needed story started okidokie wasnt somethin i couldnt put down afta a few mins but it was alright but really ufflepuff thats jus ummm well nice word plain stupid wasnt workin. as for slash stories more of those on ff.net then completed stories worth readin maybe i'll get bored enough oneday and actually count..

Petal

10. dragon_89

dragon_89 Squib

i like this fic.. funny and easy to read:)
    i duno about the sequel i like how this one finished

11. Cathal

Cathal Sir Nils' Right Hand

A damn good story!
    I'm always up to a good indepedent!Harry fic so that's already a plus. I actually liked the reasonings behind the hufflepuff!Harry. It's original if nothing else. One more brownie point. HHr wasn't bad... mainly because they broke up. The half-vampire chick... she kinda lacked depth the other characters had... or maybe it's just me?
    Oh, and the baby idea wasn't all that bad. The author used it mostly to show off some finer aspects of Harry's personality. Not the best way to do it but still...

12. Demonic Chair Stealer

Demonic Chair Stealer Second Year

When I first read this two years ago I liked every aspect of it, sadly that included the baby.

I had forgotten about this story, and so when I saw this thread I decided to reread it, and I still have to say it is still amazing. The only issue is the fact that my taste have changed and so while the story is still within the top ten percent that FFN has to offer I agree that it puts way too much emphasis on the baby. That and I now hate H/Hr.

But the Bad ass Harry element makes this story completely worth it. Plus it is one of the first Harry in Hufflepuff fics that I read, and one of the few good ones.

13. capo327

capo327 Sixth Year

I think it was pretty good, especially the beginning. H/Hr usually doesn't bother me much, but it didn't at all this time given the reasoning behind her attraction for him. The beginning was the best part before it slowly turned into a wuss!Harry fic. I didn't like the baby since it seems the only reasoning behind that is to show his soft side. The only other use for her was to get him angry with Dumbledore, which could have been done in a different way.

One more thing. Was I the only person ripping their hair out at the constant descriptions of what people were wearing? It seemed every chapter there were at least ten sentences devoted to describing someone's clothing. It quickly became repetitive and boring, especially since every other description included the line "but it still left something for the imagination."

14. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

No you are not... I too found that annoying so I skipped paragraphs. This started out as a good fic then it became a pointless near angstfest. The biggest annoyance to me was the way the girls kept comming on... it seemed so fake and unreal. Unfortunate that that aspect seemed to make out most of the latter half of the fic. Then of course the end pairing was.... too perfect.

It was fun at the start, but went down hill.

15. ParseltonguePhoenix

ParseltonguePhoenix Unspeakable

Alright, let's see. Horrible grammar, throughout. Geri was kind of an obvious choice. Shari is a cool character.

I like a lot of what happens in this story, but found it somewhat lacking in...something. The baby was overdone at times, but was very useful as a plot device...and I can relate to the "I want my fucking kid" side of Harry, here.

After reading it all the way through...I liked parts of it and thought other parts were embarrassingly bad. And I only have one other thought to add here...That is one shitty ending.

2.5/5

16. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Wow! How can a story suck this bad!
    I know writers are sometimes unaware of what they write, but this is pushing it to the extreme. If I wrote that badly I wouldn't have the self-esteem to write 200,000 more words.

No discernible improvement either.

This Harry is a psueo!badass. He spews profanities left and right, but he has none of the charm of Harry from the Denarian series.

Too much of the story was low-level plotting, filler. The story amply demonstrates the boredom inherent in setting the story in Hogwarts. I didn't even get reach the part where the baby is introduced.

1/5

17. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Looool, holy shit I remember this story. I think I actually liked it way back when. Alright, use the thread ranking thing at the top people, then I'll move it to the Recycling Bin.

18. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Holy shit is right. This is old lol. 3 stars now.

19. MellowYellow

MellowYellow Fourth Year DLP Supporter

3 stars wtf give it 1 star.

20. slickrcbd

slickrcbd First Year

Looks like RoxySnape deleted all her old stories on FF.net. Too bad, I really liked this one, and it was one of the few non-slash stories she wrote.