1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Shell by Lesili - PG13

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by The Sinner, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So its sort of like the way some parents give children the exact same name as their father and put junior on the end of it, and everyone calls them junior. Right, it does make sense in a way. Thanks Necrule, cudos and rep to you

2. mcatrage

mcatrage Raptured to Hell

I'll admit its well written and its intresting.

However whats the back story? Why are his parents alive? What did he do in school? Did he have friends? Did he become a death eater because he was mad at his parents?

Just so many questions, a big one is harry still the "chosen one"

2/5 not my kind of fic

3. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    It's not your kind of fic because you have questions? Jesus. Have you ever thought she is going to answer them later?

4. Kiklo

Kiklo Seventh Year

This is a very well written story. I really enjoyed ready it, and all the characters were nice put. I don't think I've ever even tried reading a DE!Harry story until now. I don't even mind Lupin, I just hope he won't get in the way too much with his suspicions. And I'm relieved that there won't be much fluff between whorebag Gin and Harry.

It is hard to say right now since it's only the prologue, but for now 4/5

It's a great start. I'll keep an eye out for updates.

5. mcatrage

mcatrage Raptured to Hell

ok maybe its just me but i just felt like those answeres should be a prologue.

its not like the idea of the prophecy will come up in a conversation or something like that. sorry if i'm misunderstanding the story i just don't understand who harry is supposed to be.

and by saying its not my type of fic i meant why harry turned evil (or i guess the question could be or is he)

6. Liseli

Liseli Guest

Mcatrage, all those answers are coming. Well, actually, I just uploaded most of the prophecy thing to fanfiction.net/liseli. The answers about his friends and why he became a death eater and whatnot are planned for chapters three and four.

Also, I personally see a prelude as a sort of introduction to the characters and a chance to set up the mood of the story. Most of the details you are asking for have great relevance to the plot and will be eventually revealed.

7. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A good chapter, not the best but still good. While it is realistic that harry would get caught, that still leaves a bit of a sour taste in my mouth, but again its no fault of yours since the chances are he would get caught at some point. The same thing goes for voldy using harry for the horecrux, i guess i dont like the fact that harry has been a pawn so far. Hopefully you will be able to turn him into a player sooner rather then later.

keep up the good work

8. Liseli

Liseli Guest

elvin) It will be sooner rather than later, though not, perhaps, in the way you would expect.

-Eli

9. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Yeah, okay, since this is Death Eater!Harry, its Alternates right? I do believe we ask for a suggested catagory when you post the story in here.

Someone who has read the story willing to tell me where it should go? If not, I'll put it in Alternates.

10. razz

razz Seventh Year

Yeah, put it in Alternates.

I didn't much like the last chapter at all. Sure, I suppose you could say that Harry should get caught at some point, but after only three chapters? Hmm.

11. Kiklo

Kiklo Seventh Year

If the author knows what she's doing, then sure. As long as the story maintains it's quality, and as long as the author has a clear path (not just blindly throwing events into the story)..then I will continue reading it. That is, when she updates...

12. M. Shadow

M. Shadow Guest

A good beginning, though I think it's still too early to make definitive judgements. I look forward to seeing more of the world's back story developing. This might turn out to be a high quality, highly original fic.

And yes, I'd recommend putting it in "Alternates." Although depending on how it develops, "Dark Harry" might become more appropriate.

13. Liseli

Liseli Guest

Hey, it's been forever, but I've finally updated at http://www.fanfiction.net/~liseli .

About the Harry/Ginny--after this chapter, I plan on her being out of the picture until one of the final chapters.

Also, for those of you who were aggravated with the "Harry James" thing, well, that's tapering off too.

And finally, please keep in mind that this is a bildungsroman; not a vengeance or action/adventure story.

I only had time for a quick read through before I posted it to ff.net; if you find any major mistakes, please let me know and I'll go back and fix it. Otherwise, I'll send it to my beta and have her catch the minor ones so I can post the perfected version on my yahoo group.

-Liseli

14. TripticWriter

TripticWriter Groundskeeper

Frankly the fact that Harry got caught so soon and so stupidly is a major turn off for me.

Well, I will keep reading but I am kinda disappointed...

Edit: Well chapter four really don't make me think otherwise. I mean Voldemort jumping to conclusion and saying Harry is a traitor, then when Harry manage to escape and rejoin him he just decide to kill him without even making sure he is a traitor. That's really hard to believe.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2007
  15. Nullify

Nullify Seventh Year

Well I thought the latest chapter was quite good, actually, never mind the fact I have to backtrack and read all of the previous chapters again to remember what's going on. The parts with Harry's escapade (both from the Potters' confinement and the Dark Lord) was quite well done, a fair bit of action there. The Potters' and Marauders' reactions were realistic, I suppose...and I loved Harry's insane laugh when James asked him where's Peter. lulz.

The only one problem with this chapter, as TripticWriter pointed out, was Voldemort's jumping to conclusion that Harry's a traitor. I didn't think that your portrayal of Voldemort was the rash type. It was strange that he didn't at least Legilimens Harry's ass when Harry just jumped into the lions' den (being a traitor and all, as Voldemort thought) to find out why he came to the Death Eaters' meeting anyways. After all, by then, what's with Dumbledores' lies about Harry being dead, it would have been apparent to the Dark Lord if he REALLY was a traitor. He would have to be either blindly stupid or truly loyal if he were to come, and I don't think Harry strikes to Voldemort as dumb.

Besides, he's made Harry his Horcrux. You'd think he'd take better care of a portion of his soul. Better capture him, torture him, keep him barely alive than kill him with a quick AK like the ones Voldemort was flinging about.

16. Liseli

Liseli Guest

Ah, you're right, you're right. I'll have to go back and rewrite that bit. Thanks for pointing it out.