1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Sighs of the Neglected Flower by Nuhuh - M

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Glernaj, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    Is there sum butsex yet?

2. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Not yet, but it turns out that Lily is the surprise buttseckz operative for the Order of the Phoenix. Some old hag of the Order orders Lily to perform teh surprise buttseckz to save a Frenchman from an evil doer! Mad Eye secretly orders Lily to surprise buttseckzorz the traitorous old hag (was trying to save a Frenchman the tip off?). And Snape isn't getting any buttseckz yet, surprise or otherwise.

There are allusions to regular old surprise seckz in this chapter though! Lily slips Harry a free-will-suppressing drug in his tea. Unfortunately it's a truth-serum and not magical Rohypnol. But the author's barely concealed date-rape drug symbolism was blatantly obvious to all concerned.

Keep an eye out for your particular kink in future chapters!

Yak.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2007
  3. Marie M

Marie M Raptured to Hell

Another great chapter, Nuh, but I want more and sooner this time, please.

Anyways, I'm a bit confused about this Grim-thingy, hope to see explanation in chapter 5.

4. HomicidalPsychoJungleCat

HomicidalPsychoJungleCat Fifth Year

Liked the fourth chapter, and it looks like the action may be picking up in the near future.

The acceptance of Harry's appearance on Lily's part and vice versa seems a little bit rushed, but I guess that considering the circumstances it might be warranted.

Didn't really like the "Can you be brave for me?" part though, seems a little mocking.

5. KirijamaScion

KirijamaScion First Year

Have to say this is one of the most original time travel fics that I've had the pleasure of reading and so far it is a pleasure.

Interesting devices added by the author to give it that personal feel, could be a bit more descriptive and the chapteres are a little short for my taste but I feel thats a personal thing and might be overly critical on my part.

6. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Awesome chapter, Nuhuh. Lots of character development for Lily and hinting at what kind of talents she has. I cant wait for more assassin!Lily! ^_^

7. xeromercy

xeromercy Squib

Awesome chapter, I was almost afraid this was going to be a pussy Harry. Thankfully his hesitance to killing was because it was the alternate dimension's version of his mother than the act of killing itself.

8. ramadden13

ramadden13 Fifth Year

Excellent chapter. Absolutely beautiful writing. I definitely enjoyed Lily's growth this chapter. It gives us a lot more insight into her character. Thought you did well keeping Harry in character with cannon but slowly changing. Again, a great chapter. I already can't wait for the next update. Hopefully soon!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2008
  9. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

Vash~ Glad you liked Assassin!Lily so much. She rocks.

Xeromercy~ yeah its a bit tough to keep him canon and non pussy, but he'll improve fast. His mom is an assassin after all.

ramadden13~ Thanks for the compliments. I really enjoy writing her character. Next chapter you will see more of how other people see her.

Chapter 7
    The Grim Protocol
    Finally posted.
    PC.net FF.net DLP WBA

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  10. Vulkan

Vulkan Squib

I liked this chapter a lot. The story has a different ring to it. Usually, in assassin fics, Harry is the one and those kind of stories too are rare. Lily being one and being good at it is something else altogether.

The Order's views and working are interesting and I hope you elaborate a little more on that in the coming chapters. Usually, we see the Order as a pussy organisation which simply has meetings or defends the places attacked by Voldemort. Being proactive and having complex issues and set hierarchy is very imaginative.

The characters themselves are expressed properly but I feel that a little more conversation is required. Don't get me wrong, I love the way the thoughts are depicted and the actions are shown but conversation is a little less. Maybe, since it is kinda beginning of the story still, you need time to explain stuff.

I give your work a solid 4.5/5...

11. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

Vulcan~ The Order's workings are a big part of the plot in this, so I am glad you're liking hints of it, since you will be seeing more. You're comments about dialog have given me something to think about; although, I admit that Harry's and Lily's interaction is in part an exercise in showing the complexity of emotion and perception from which expression comes from.

Sorry for the wordiness, I've just finished two college essays, so my lingo is a little academic. lol.

12. ParseltonguePhoenix

ParseltonguePhoenix Unspeakable

I gave this a look in the WbA thread earlier, and I've got to say, I'm loving it.

The way the Hallows have their own sets of powers should have been explored in canon, and I'm really gald to see someone creative (and skilled) is doing it in fanon. Wonder what a person could do with all three of the Hallows?

As far as Lily's character, I like what you're doing. Having her somewhat damaged and being able to compartmentalize her status as an assassin is fun. And I'm hoping she'll toughen Harry up.

Impatiently awaiting the next update, man. Keep up the good work.

13. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I've enjoyed the majority of this fic, however my major complaint lies in the fact that Harry is an absolute fag.

Seriously, for a character involved in a war who claims to have tortured Death Eaters he whines like a fucking bitch.

Cry me a fucking river kid.

If this is just another, "Let's throw stunners left and right before getting frustrated and using the Cruciatus and then later crying about it" Harry, just let me know now so I don't have to keep reading.

If Harry is going to develop into a decent fighter and character then I have no problem, but right now it looks to be Harry trailing after an Assassin!Lily crying like a woman the whole fucking way.

Really? Really!? Top notch shit right there.

Don't get me wrong, the story is written well, grammar is spot on, and it's definitely a good concept. Characterization is fantastic (Excluding Harry) And the interaction with the order was great, but I think it might have been a bit rushed in the scenes with Shay and Moody, felt like it was just bouncing between the characters without any real depth.

Last edited: May 12, 2008
  14. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

I made the same complaint to Nuhuh. But, well, it's canon!Harry. Canon!Harry is a bitch. You can either cheat with a timeskip or an AU or something, or you can start at canon and drag him away from his bitchiness.

15. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Alright alright, I'll concede that point. Canon!Harry is a bitch.

Under Lily's guidance I'd like to see Harry not only progressing towards being less of a bitch, but also towards being a Grim for the order. That would not only unbitchify him, but also make him a certifiable bad mamma jamma