1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Sins of the Survivor by Chiara Crawford - T

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Silke, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Gullible

Gullible Headmaster

Sitting in front of a broken compooter, lolololol
    That was strange yeah but don't you find it annoying how apparently harry had been setting stuff up since the end of fourth year and the author can't be bothered to give us some info on how but instead flashes back to things you have already read?

2. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

New chapter of this fine story is finally up.

It's not bad but could be better. She did a redeemed!Voldemort thing rather well, save for some gayness in their instant-brotherly relationship. Evil!Ginny plot is rather nice too. Blaise is maybe a little too perfect and sureal (as is Harry, in all honesty), but I guess appearances are 90% of this story, so that can be excused.

Anyway, if you haven't read this, do it. It's the best heir of Slytherin story at the moment, especially if you don't mind (or like) slightly lyric/poetic writing style.

3. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I stopped watching this like... two days ago, lol. Didnt think it was going to move.

4. Patrik f

Patrik f Guest

I rather like this story, I especially like how Voldy was redeemed was done but it pisses me off how easy Tom allowed the Defence Teacher to be part of the group going down into the chamber, He was cursed by someone in the same order as the teacher, if it was me would I not allow him near me no matter what oaths he had taken.

5. tridentwatch

tridentwatch Looked into the void

Did anyone else go "WTF IS THIS STUPID PEICE OF SHIT" when they were reading this or is it just me? :mid2

6. Promios

Promios Fourth Year

OMFG! TRHG is just DISGUSTING! I hate redeemed Tom, that SUX.

7. tridentwatch

tridentwatch Looked into the void

lol, promios you sound like one of those girls on msn who go: Like omg, wtf is this, stfu, that sux...

Although I have never heard of TRHG. Whats that?

8. Raijin

Raijin Slug Club Member

TRHG is tom and hermione. The saving of Tom doesn't really bother me as much as the thing with the soul twisting.

9. cu_cullen9

cu_cullen9 Second Year

I think it would be interesting to see Hermoines reaction to finding out she was lusting after Tom.

10. MysterioX

MysterioX Professor

she just raised her wand at him only to lower it get all chummy after the he is good now explanation. The author could have done that part better over all the new chapter was a good read

11. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

Pretty good writing style, aside from minor errors. But the story suffers from lack of noticeable character and world development. Harry suddenly goes by Hadrian, Draco gains an older brother who's not a Voldemort supporter, the back-story isn't explained sufficiently. Harry's sudden transformation into the perfect Slytherin is especially jarring.

The most disappointing thing is how Harry/Blaise was rushed, and that Harry was accepted in her clique almost immediately.

Narration is clumsy in some parts, the repeated sequences don't add anything to the story.

The whole thing with redeeming Voldemort is the final straw in my opinion.

Overall a disappointment, because this author has a lot of potential.

2/5

Last edited: Aug 18, 2009