1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Sirius is Harry's Secret Father Fics

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by StrifeXII, Nov 5, 2005.

1. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

Did you visit the ISS or something and only now have found time to reply to something written months ago? Everyone is going to have to reread this 6 year old thread to even know what is going on.

2. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I had always assumed that the multiple times someone said that in canon they were referring to how James looked at the age of eleven, not as an adult. For example, I have heard on more than one occassion that I look like my father, though he is now 215 pounds with a mustache and only bears a slight resemblance. However, if you look at a picture of him at twenty compared to a picture of me at 20, we look almost the same.

Hence, you look exactly like your father with your mother's eyes.

As for a Sirius is Harry's real father fic, I think the best thing for us all to do is to write one. I'd like to use Aytheria's idea - James is sterile and doesn't know it, they tried and tried to have a child. Lily ends up sleeping with Sirius and then becomes pregnant. James has no idea when he dies and Lily doesn't tell anyone. Sirius only finds out when he attempts to make Harry his son by the blood-bond (or whatever the fuck); imagine his surprise when it is determined that Harry is already his son.

3. Revlis

Revlis Squib

4. Peace

Peace High Inquisitor

The comment about Sirius banging his best friend's wife during wartime reminds me of Remus' affair with Lily in jbern's The Lie I've Lived - I imagine that you're refering to something like that?

You've got to remember that James is a pureblood so maybe he didn't have to get hit by a curse, maybe inbreeding made him sterile. After all, who's to say that inbreeding is only limited to 'bad' purebloods. And his mother is a Black - at least that's the idea I got from my googling.

And, just a thought, maybe it was Lily who seduced her husband's best friend (though I can't imagine Sirius resisting much). There are way too many 'Lily is Perfect' fics out there and not nearly enough like jbern's where she's a real, flawed person.

5. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:

This perhaps sums that up perfectly - Lily needs to have flaws, or else she was perfect. And if she was perfect, what else would she do but CHOOSE to die for her son - after all, V gave her a choice (although he may well have no followed through on letting her live) by telling her to stand aside.

6. Ankan

Ankan Professor

Soo how did i find this now again?

7. Makoyare

Makoyare Muggle

There's a pretty good fic I read a couple weeks ago called The Black Heir

It's HP/TMR with Sirius as harry's father. Pretty dark, active side plot, and some cool political plotting.

8. Trig

Trig Unspeakable

Yeah... Pretty good.

9. Stan

Stan Order Member

Loads of angst and buttsecks too. Vernon raping Harry. And, of course, MPreg.

This was one the very first fics I read, I think. Looking back, I think I deserve a medal for reading through all 900k words of it.

Oh, and is Sirius-is-Harry's-Father a genre now? I remember seeing a couple more of these the other day. What is it called? Siriusitus?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  10. basium1

basium1 Second Year DLP Supporter

I placed one story that I abandoned with this premise in my drive, if you're looking into doing a fixer upper... feel free to adopt it, or read it and enjoy what was fun while it lasted. I'll just say that it has my old writing style :)facepalm) as a warning.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B99cYd3gVz3RYkcxTTRWdnBxcFU

I figured that I should put it out here, just in case someone can make a masterpiece in my favorite genre from my mediocrity.

11. lopeck

lopeck Groundskeeper

No idea whats it called, but seeing as the first post in this thread is from 2005 its been a thing for quite some time.

12. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This whole secret father thing has given me an unholy urge to write a fic where Harry's secret father is actually Dedalus Diggle.

13. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Why not Pettigrew? He could transform, sneak in Lily while she's sleeping like his Lemmiwinks.

Harry could then be a rat-faunus.

Sound like a legit RWBY x-over imo.

14. newageofpower

newageofpower Professor DLP Supporter

This actually makes a decent crackfic.

-]|[-​

"Harry... I'm your father."

"No, I'm his father!"

"I slept with Lily Evans 9 months before Harry was born! I must be his father!"

15. Atram Noctem

Atram Noctem Auror

This discussion makes me wonder... if you have sex with a woman while Polyjuiced to look like her husband, and you get her pregnant, would the child look like his father or the original you?

I suppose we'll never know...

16. wordhammer

wordhammer Dark Lord DLP Supporter

"And yet the experiment goes all the way back to the conception of Arthur Pendragon... or the many bastards of Zeus," Rookwood replied.

"Legend suggests that aspects of the transformed appearance may be applied, but the wizard's magical seed has some 'sticking power'. In the case of Polyjuice it may even be a blending of both sources. This assumes that both were wizards; Polyjuice using a muggle's appearance would give entirely wizard traits to the child... but that's a very expensive potion to waste on the effort when a Confundus might get the job done, eh?"

---------- Post automerged at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

"And you're sure it was Lily Evans you slept with?"