1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Sistat Inter Bitu pe Marvos by Cervus - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by Skeletaure, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Master Slytherin

Master Slytherin Headmaster

*rolls eyes* If you scroll the little cursor up, you'll find the question has already been answered.

I'm glad to hear the filler will be minimal. Also, Harry wouldn't bitchslap Hermione in canon, people. It's called accurate characterisation and gradual character development. Something that should be praised rather than annoyed by.
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

2. Korrosive

Korrosive Backtraced

Good stuff Cervy.

Looks real promising, congrats.

3. Jheph

Jheph Groundskeeper

Nice, real nice… Good chapter and characterization. Still too early to give an accurate rating, but I can say that I’m impressed with the quality so far.

4. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

I hate when people say that crap. Teenagers are moody, period. We change are minds all the time and are continously changing are attitudes and opinions. Harry screamed at Ron and Hermione for a long ass time at the beginning of fifth year after going 4 years being completely passive around them. Having him insult/get irritated at her for scolding him wouldn't be unrealistic.

5. Master Slytherin

Master Slytherin Headmaster

1. Harry is not a normal teenager.

2. Notice how he was always embarassed as hell with himself after the outbursts.

3. This is Post-HBP NOT Post-OotP. How many random moody outbursts did he have in HBP?

4. Harry is not an emo.

5. He wasn't completely passive about Ron in 4th Year - are we reading the same books here? o_O

6. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

It's realistic for him to get annoyed, but to slap her for something so small? It's a bit emo-ish unless he is psychotic or something, then sure, but this is pretty much Rowlings Harry right now, fresh out of book 6. Later on, he is surely going to go through some changes, but as of now, canon Harry. Then there is the fact that Harry is not just happy but fucking floating on 'cloud 9' about leaving the Dursley's. He's in too much of a good mood for it to be killed by a few snappish lines from a bestfriend that he has known since he was eleven. He is probably used to it by now and just ignores it on reflex or something.

Anyway, good start, yeah. I've been waiting for this since... well, a long time. I've worked out what the title means but I'll keep it to myself since you probably want people to figure it out in due time or by themselves. Didn't take me long to work it out either, surprisingly.

So yeah, good shit.

7. Brooklynight

Brooklynight Seventh Year

A good start, this is shaping up to be one of the few readable post-HBP fics out there. I though that the characterizations were done well and Harry was enjoyable to read so far. Its good that you're making this stroy center heavily on the plot so hopefully you'll be able to finish it and not bog it down with useless filler. I hope to see more.

A first class start but I won't rate it for another few chapters.

8. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

I didn't feel that bichslapping Hermione would be an accurate representation of an in character Harry Potter. I prefer to slowly change characters and develop them rather than starting a story with people OOC.

Thanks. I'll carry on posting. I already have a good majority of the fic written. It's just a matter of sitting down and ironing everything out now.

I've tried to start off with everybody in character. Hopefully I've managed to do that, I've not seen any complaints about characterisation so far.

On the matter of the Dursley's: Perhaps. Perhaps not.

I've already answered this question earlier in the thread. The answer is no because once the story is completed it will be well over the word count laid out in the FWG Challenge rules.

For those of you that didn't read my a/n at the beginning of the chapter Korrosive here deserves some credit for supplying me with an idea for the story.

I've really made an effort to cut down filler to the absolute minimum. There won't be any detailed day to day recollections of what Harry had for his dinner, for example.

There is a plot and the majority of the things that happen will either revolve around that or one of the side plots. I'm not really a fan of stories that don't have some semblance of a plot.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I'll see you in IRC, I wanna know if you guessed right.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2006
  9. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

The good thing about you is that your writing is so mature and makes harry seem just as mature, with that said.. Alistair Moody; alastor moody.. there were a couple other spelling/grammar errors but that's it. I may be in the minority here but i like this better than your other story..

10. Haunted Warrior

Haunted Warrior Fifth Year

Nice story, one i'll definitely be following. It was quite amusing picturing Vernon as a chimpanzee. You should have chosen something else though, it's degrading to be associated with Vernon Dursley.

I hope you update soon, and at the current moment i'd have to rate it at a 5/5.

11. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

I was in the process of editing out some of the errors while you posted. Nevertheless thank you for pointing it out.

I was actually contemplating whether to completely delete that part with the Dursleys the other day. I thought that some people would, perhaps, find it a bit stupid and silly. That doesn't seem to be the case though...

I'm extremely surprised at the amount of response I'm getting for this first chapter, you know. On FF.net I'm averaging one review per 24.89 hits and have already received more reviews than I've got for any single chapter of RoaW.

I'd like to ask anybody that manages to figure out the meaning of the title to keep it to themselves please, I'd really appreciate it. Can you do that for me?

12. Verse of Darkness

Verse of Darkness Denarii Host

Do you plan on showing Harry as he travels to these places or some sort of timeskip?

13. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

You'll see some. I have absolutely no intention of writing about every minute detail though.

14. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

I shall not tell anyone the meaning of the title.

esspecially since Im not 100% positive.

15. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

great chapter, if it continues like this so can it easily be among the best Post-HPB stories out there, at least that I have read...

16. The Sinner

The Sinner Looked into the void

Somewhere between the heretic and Un'aria
    Another review I believe is in order.

But what can I say that has not already been said?

Well... I liked the idea of having a wizard hiding in the Vatican. Can't say that I have heard of that one before, seeing as how the church condems witchcraft and the like, so that was welcomely unexpected. I wonder what the wizard knows that could require secrecy? And on that note, I have to wonder if the wizard would be willing to take Harry under his wing even with the recommendation of Fumbledumps. IMO it would make sense that the wizard would be weary and distrusting of Harry at first.

But hey, this is your story after all and I have no doubt that it will be as fantastic as the first chapter was.

5138541354145411465/5-and-so-on-and-thus-forth

17. The Sinner

The Sinner Looked into the void

Somewhere between the heretic and Un'aria
    Oh yeah.

PS

My offer to beta (I first made it on the review on ffnet) is always open!

18. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

Thank you. I very much appreciate it.

I don't really read post HBP stories myself. I've only read one or two.

I'm surprised I've not received any flames on the subject of the Vatican City... still plenty of time for that though I expect. Also on the subject of the Vatican: Did you know that the Alter of Transfiguration actually exists?

You wonder what the wizard knows that require secrecy? Well you can just keep wondering, sonny.;)

I think your rating might be a little overboard.:D

I'm actually pretty much fixed for a beta at the moment. I'll note this down, though, for future reference. Thanks.

19. Vincent V

Vincent V Slug Club Member

This is easily the best start to a post HBP story I have ever read. Keep it up

20. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttt's Sistat Sunday!

Only joking.

I just updated the story for those that are interested. Might take a few moments for it to become accessible though. Please review, I'm a review whore.