1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Sistat Inter Bitu pe Marvos by Cervus - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by Skeletaure, Jul 25, 2006.

1. parcus

parcus Muggle

This is the best story i've read in a while well done!

2. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

I just thought I'd make clear that apparition is only a small part of what makes Marques's an extremely dangerous duelist and overall character. Apparition, while quite a large part of Torres's dueling style, will not be all that Harry learns from him and it won't make up an overly important part of Harry's overall dueling style. That being said, Torres can deal with most people even if the ability to apparate is taken away from him.

One the subject of wards: Like The Erotic advetures of S (I do hope that S doesn't stand for Snape:)) I've always envisioned that wards, no matter how long there duration will be, require a somewhat long and complex incantation that would be difficult to cast anytime let alone when in the heat of battle. That's what all wards will be like in this story anyway.

Someone asked how different the characters will be from one another. The answer is a hell of a lot different. I won't be giving anything away though so that will have to do you.

Thank you. May the Boto bless you for making me smile. :)

3. Master Slytherin

Master Slytherin Headmaster

Nice new chapter. Training and not a book in sight? *gasp* The horror!!11!OneOne!

Surprisingly, I haven't got much more than to say I greatly enjoyed it.

4. Lucas13

Lucas13 Second Year

You made a few mistakes in the portuguese but thats alright...
    Like "boceta" would be "buceta" and "filha da puta" would be "filho da puta" since "filha" means daughter... If you wanna help in translating anything to Portuguese you can just tell me...

5. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

Thank you. That's very much appreciated. I got most of those insults off of a website claiming to be written by a Brazillian.

6. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

great new chap, not enough fics that dont have harry learn something after 5 secs of seeing it or reading it. keep up the good work

7. Nexus

Nexus Denarii Host

O_O.........i forgot to review.
    actual training from somebody who isnt god or Merlin *gasp*

Do try to update soon Cervy, buy yourself a new muse if you have to. :D

8. World

World Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I don't see why that would not be a good insult :D

Anyway, nice story, Cervus. I guess most things have already been said, so I'll just hope that you will be able to continue soon and swiftly.

9. CGB

CGB Auror

Nice new chapter Cervus. It's good that Harry actually learns from a living being and not a bunch of books. Very good, very good indeed.

10. obbie

obbie Guest

Excellent start to the story. Hopefully you can keep the updates regular and not let it drift of like most stories in this genre(although independent isn't as bad as DarkHarry). Yeah the problems I have is in the inconsistencies in Harry's character.He can't even fathom having a mentor that would attack intruders. I mean he's had instructors cast unforgivable's on fourteen year olds during a time of peace. That alone should let him know that Dumbledore is willing to go to extremes to make sure he's ready.

11. Styx

Styx Third Year

Thats probably how Mad-eye lost hes leg:)

12. Hadoren

Hadoren High Inquisitor

I can't wait for the person in the Vatican-forgot his name-to show up. He sounds very interesting and powerful. I like to read about powerful and ancient and unknown magic-see Lightning on the Wave's wizarding culture.

But the story does have a chance of becoming boring-all Harry'll do is train for the next few years, unless something happens (I bet you'll think of something good).

13. The Hungry Basilisk

The Hungry Basilisk Raptured to Hell

Oh Fuck it! I finally have to admit that I really like something.
    I really do have satan's hairy c**k up my a** today!
    Shame really does hurt.
    God I am drunk...........................

14. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

Thank you, everyone, for taking the time to leave a review in this thread! Each and every one of your reviews are greatly appreciated.

I'm posting to let you all know that I'm not sure when the next chapter of Sistat Inter Bitu pe Marvos is going to appear. I've had some health problems over the last couple of weeks (the people that frequent IRC already know this, they've had the pleasure of witnessing my drugged up ramblings), so I haven't had the opportunity to write (nor hit the correct keys when I've wanted to). It been nothing serious, but I was in a lot of pain for a while and taking some pretty strong painkillers.

I do have the next chapter halfway complete, so it really shouldn't be too long. I have the majority of the chapters for this fic written out and almost completed already, so this story will be completed.

I would, however, like to ask people how much of Harry's training they would like to see. I, personally, am not much of a fan of monotonous training descriptions. The training in this story really doesn't mean much (read nothing) to the plot so I would like to just skip over the training. What are you opinions on this?

P.S: The Hungry Basilisk, thank you... I think.

15. Haunted Warrior

Haunted Warrior Fifth Year

Hope you get bettter soon.

Anyway, I personally don't like reading non-stop training. So I'd say skip a couple of months, then insert another training session, and do that until you've got quite a few new spells which we already know that Harry can do. That way, some new spells you use, or the Harry!After traning personality, will shock people quite as much

I hope that made sense

16. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

I would suggest showing just enough of the training so that we, as the readers, can identify with, and remember, who his various tutors are. It wouldn't do for you to put out the name of some wizard that Harry learned something from, and have the readers not be able to recognize who that is. Also, I would like to see some blood, sweat and tears from Harry, because that makes his transformation all the more real, and if you just skip the whole training thing, then it really cheapens the process.

For instance, I think that I have a grasp on Torres' character, and hope that you can now skip the whole training regimen with him, maybe advancing to a final duel in which Harry fares much better, and then sending him to the Vatican. But, it's not really up to me, and I hope that whatever decision you make is the right one and really helps this story down the road to greatness.

17. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

I say show the training where he begins to really progress and where he really learns something important. Show his most important teachers. The Vatican dude and maybe a couple of others. But dont show it all. Non stop training is okay sometimes when he is constantly being showed as still a beginner and not a great duelist. In Hogwarts amoung the non trained since birth students Harry maybe be one of the best but in the real world Its better for him to get his ass kicked a few times.

18. Void Sorcerer

Void Sorcerer Groundskeeper

Yeah, you really don't need to show a whole shit-load of training, in fact, I much prefer the stories that people don't. I mean heaven forbid anyone from using their imaginations..... Just show the important lessons/teachers that Harry is going to have.

The scene with the "Dark Lord" was most enjoyable and well written, I do enjoy a despicable Voldemort! Especially one who knows how to use his brain, and Harry can't just defeat, because he underestimates him like a complete dumb ass! I also enjoy the fact that this is one of the few stories, where Voldemort has more "power" over the mind link then Harry does, and actually puts it to some good use.

I mean, seriously, "Harry grows so powerful, he permanently blocks the link in 2.5 seconds, and Voldemort doesn't notice a thing!" give me a break. Sorry, kinda random there.

Anyway, keep up the good work, and update soon man.

19. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

In my opinion i like training that just brushes over the stuff he will learn, nothing hardcore but enough so that we know what hes learning, who his teachers are, and at what pace he can learn so the evolution of harry's character is still clear. Thats just me though, your the author so you get the final say of course

20. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

I'm just posting to let you all know that I am still working on this fic. I've really had a block on this chapter and I'm just starting to get over it now. The next chapter is almost complete, from there it only needs to be beta read. I still can't give you a definite release date, however, as I am aware that my beta reading will be unavailable for a short while as of Wednesday. He has said he will try the get the chapter back to me if I can get if to him before Wednesday, I'm not sure if I can get the chapter completed before then though.

So, yeah, the story is still being written and isn't abandoned.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2006