1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Sistat Inter Bitu pe Marvos by Cervus - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by Skeletaure, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

Thank you for the rating. I had a lot of trouble writing this chapter. I originally intended the Basilica scene to be longer and more detailed, but in the end I couldn't get the words to flow. Still, I think it works better way as anything I would have added would just have been filler material (which is something that I vowed to cut down in this fic).

Both the people Harry has visited so far have indeed been very paranoid. These are for two different reasons all together. I'm not willing to go into Ieuru's background at the moment as it's somewhat important to the plot of the fic.

Thank you for your comments on the killing curse scene also, I appreciate it.

Cliffhangers are good when used sparingly. ;)

Well, you've pretty much met all of the mentors that I'm going to be covering in detail. These two characters needed to be given introductions as they have roles to play in the story. Like I said above; both of these individuals are paranoid in nature, yet for two different reasons all together.

Thank you all for your comments so far.

2. deathinapinkboa

deathinapinkboa Minister of Magic

Oh, how I wish J.K. Rowling could write like this.

Edit: For Smelling and Grammar

P.S. Tell me, is Ieuru Jesus?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2007
  3. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Okay Cervus guess what. Since your such a shitty writer Im gonna go ahead and take pity on you and say I REALLY LIKE THIS FIC.

Now that Im finally getting around to reviewing. Im gonna go ahead and guess that Both of these first two teachers are going to play parts in the war once Harry goes back maybe even the order of the phoenix. Both of paranoid. I would have to be pretty paranoid to live in the vatican if I was a undead. I mean your surrounded by very religous people(no offense anyone) and your a vampire.

So Charlie is dead I can understand Harry being upset simply because Charlie is a Weasley.

Smith being a death eater is certainly possible from my point of view since he was such a dip shit in Hogwarts thinking he was better than everyone else(sounds alot like death eaters.)

Good chapter and Update soon PLEASE

4. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

Thank you for the comment on my writing. I personally think my writing style has improved a lot over the past months. Some of the credit must be given to the beta readers that have looked over my chapters, though. The last two chapters have been looked over by Rob, and he's done an excellent job.

Now, as for the Ieuru = Jesus thing. While it would certainly make for some interesting writing (and some interesting reviews, I'm sure) Ieuru is not Jesus.

Thank you for taking pity on me. ;)

Charlie is the first person to be killed in this fic but will not be the last. This is war, and war means casualties on both sides.

Thank you both for your reviews.

5. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

Hmm should Harry write the Weasleys and/or the Prophet just to letthem know that he's still around?

6. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

It may be mentioned in the next chapter that Harry mails the Weasleys (I can't be 100% certain; I haven't looked at my notes) but I do know that it's not going to be covered in detail even if he does.

7. sirius009

The other question is: why the hell is a vampire living in the Vatican?

8. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Because no one would expect a Vampier in the Vatican. And he needs secrecy.

9. sirius009

it does make sense

10. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Thats why I said he would have to be paranoid. I mean hes undead. He lives in the Vatican. Priest with crucifix and holy water(if thats lethal in this fic) might happen or something. Wards are all powerful. But it is the perfect spot because who would suspect it?

11. Wasteland

Wasteland Second Year

Really enjoyed last chapter. Was starting to think it was never going to come but it was worth the wait. Keep up the good writing :)

12. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

Thank you. I've been having a lot of trouble getting the words to flow for quite a while now, which is part of the reason why it's taken me so long to update. I'm one of those pick bastards that can only write in a quiet environment, which is something I rarely get around here.

I'm hoping - although I can't make any promises - that the next chapter won't take me so long to get out. I started working on it (or rather, that which I haven't already done) shortly after uploading the last chapter of the fic yesterday.

13. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

Cervus you hinted before that these are the only two mentors that you'll be going into depth with, does that mean that Harry will get over his overwhelming notions of getting back to the UK A.S.A.P?

Im curious to know how it is you've still made Harry out to be a stereo typical "must save everyone and end this war quickly, despite being woefully unprepared to face the villains". Well thats what im kind of picking up in subtext?

Otherwise fantastic update, look forward to reading how you construct this next set of training and the way you develop Ieuru.

14. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Lol! Rofl! Lmao! Roflmfao!

Now that is funny.

Great chapter, Cervus. Like I have told you many times on IRC and in review, I was disappointed at the lack of the fucking Boto Dolphin. But I accept defeat. The boto will not appear. :(

15. huntedorange

huntedorange Seventh Year

Brilliant, cant wait for the update. Loved the bit in the vatican and how he had to wait, making everything nice and hard for him. well done.

16. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

Thank you.

Don't accept defeat just yet! The Boto may just make an appearance... or will it? ;)

Thank you. I hated writing that Vatican scene; the words just refused to flow. Took me ages to finally get something I liked.

17. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

I just updated again. I'm aware that Harry acts slightly stupid in this chapter but it was being a complete pain in the arse to write. I'll try to sort this out before too long.

Hope you enjoy.

18. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

I am presuming the "Rat" is wormtail. If that is so even dim witted Harry would be able to work it out.

"he" could also be Harry but that to is a bit obvious.

I'm probably wrong but if not remember Harry isn't that dum.

19. Palver

Palver High Inquisitor

Constant training with retired auror for a few years and he still uses verbal spellcasting on such simple spell like stunner?

He used Legilimency. Occlumency is defense of your own mind.

And a few spelling mistakes.

20. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

I sorted the Occlumency/Legilimency problem out soon after uploading the chapter so that should be ok now. I don't know if the change has taken effect on the actual site yet though. It should have done though.

As for the verbal spell, well, it's off my opinion that a verbal spell is always stronger than a non-verbal spell and that's the theory I use in my fics.