1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Skin Game [SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Jon, May 22, 2014.

1. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    From what I remember that should have the most damaging echoes down the road. No immediate war = no increase in warden activity and general war-time magical prowess upkeep by the White Council and its Wizards. Couple that with the work of the Black Council, like Peabody influencing the younger generation, and the increased numbers of Reds on the rise should really wreck havoc when they do finally spring the war upon the White Council.

2. 9th Doctor

9th Doctor Groundskeeper

Take that a step further. Dresden's character didn't let him leave her behind. To have that begin eroding as early on as that will have consequences. Choosing to go against his instincts and his personal "code" could cause him to start second guessing himself. In the war of the fay courts, that will put him under faster than ever before.

It's his determination and sheer bloody-mindedness that sets him apart, his stubborn will that allows him to resist the call of the Fallen. It keeps him from the Darkhallow. Susan plays an important role in the future to say the least.

3. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

Y'know, when I first saw the concept for Mirror, Mirror I wrote it off as weird canon-fanfiction filler that wouldn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. But what if this is the book that finally fixes Harry's growing self-confidence issues?

Ever since Changes he's been second guessing himself, wondering if he's going to become a monster, resolving that he won't, realizing that he's becoming a monster, resolving to stop, deciding that he can't really stop becoming a monster, etc. etc. He's waffling, and he's not really a guy that can afford to waffle when it comes to confidence in his choices. So what if Mirror, Mirror rolls around after what is apparently going to be the most violent book in the series, when Harry is at his lowest in terms of self-esteem, and shows him how much worse it could really be?

Maybe once Harry gets a look at what his alternate self has done, and all the (presumably negative) changes that have resulted from that, he'll realize that while he's made mistakes, he hasn't failed just yet. And maybe it'll also scare him back into shape.

I want the old confident!Harry back is what I'm saying here. >_>

4. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That's what I was thinking the book would be about, yeah. Though maybe something will come up in Peace Talks as well, who knows.

5. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm also wondering if it'll have some effect on the Winter Mantle.

Do we have any Word of God on how long Harry will be the Winter Knight?

6. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Nope. Jim wouldn't give something like that away before it happens.

7. Fudoutoku

Fudoutoku Fourth Year DLP Supporter

Man. What the fuck happened to the Dresden fandom/writters around here? Was the last book really so mediocre?

I expected a bunch of new stories and chapters for existing stories to come out a few weeks after the release, but it's been months and theres been like 2 new stories written and that's about it.

So what happened? Did the fandom move on? Did Dresden die on DLP?

Where the Dresden fics at?

8. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

What's stopping you from picking up a pen and trying ? DLP writers aren't here to be your personal dancing monkey troupe.

I liked the last book.

9. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

I've been trying to keep the Thank God You're Here thread alive before, but it just kept dying down. As for stories, I'm not quite sure. I've got some pending works, but I haven't done much with them for a while. Not sure why.

My suggestion is that you go look in the TGYH thread. Either pick up a prompt and try your hand at writing, or deliver a prompt of your own. Fuck it, if you need help or just want to discuss shit, I'll be up for it on IRC.

The last book was good.

10. LittleChicago

LittleChicago Headmaster DLP Supporter

Speaking as a dancing monkey, I find this extremely offensive.

11. Dryden

Dryden First Year

Jim! What did we say about posting on the forum?

Get back to work!

/Totally worth breaking my lurkerdom