1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Skullgirls

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Andrela, May 18, 2014.

1. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

So I've been playing this game for a two weeks now and I have to say I love it.

It's a fighting game featuring an all-female cast (not counting few DLC characters) done in 2D style animation.

[​IMG]

PLOT:

Some notable characters:

Princess Parasoul

[​IMG]

Cerebella

[​IMG]

MsFortune

[​IMG]

Painwheel

[​IMG]

The game has a lot of neat references to other media. For example, one stage shows a part of the Canopy Kingdom called 'Little Innsmouth', clearly a reference to Lovecraft's works.

[​IMG]

2. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

Peacock/Parasoul too good. I'm also a fan of Squigly/Cerebella/Valentine or Filia when I have to play in a three character match.

I haven't gotten around out testing out Big Band yet because my arcade controller broke and ever since I got it I've been too spoiled to play with my keyboard.

I fucking love Skullgirls. If you play fighting games (like, actually know combos and stuff) then Skullgirls is p retty much a must play. If you've never learned combos and technical fighting game shit but you want to, then Skullgirls has the best in-depth tutorial system of any fighting game, sick ass anti-infinites, and a fair learning curve. When I first started playing Skullgirls, I was the asshole who button mashed Akuma every game. Now I'm pulling sick Squigly wall juggles.

Moving the fuck on: Each character has their own personal gimmick. Some of which are general fighting game gimmicks like Cerebella's throw specialty, some of them are insane ass innovations like Ms. Fortune's detachable body or Eliza's combat blood.

So, in conclusion before I waste hours waxing poetic on this: If you play or like fighting games at all you're probably going to love Skullgirls. Also, bewbs.