1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Slash Fics?

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Earthie, Aug 6, 2018.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

Earthie, Earthie. There are forums for people who like slash and this isn't it. Now, those people are still welcome here, but this isn't a forum dedicated to slash itself. This is a forum dedicated to quality Harry Potter fanfiction. Slash that happens to fall under that banner is very welcome but the sort of stuff you seem to enjoy generally isn't.

Do not come here and whinge about how we are homophobic because we disagree with your view on what is quality fiction. That's both untrue and offensive.

2. RottedKarma

RottedKarma First Year

High Score:
    As someone who read through the Hall of Shame and was scared shitless, I'd say that was actually quite tame.

Also, lesbian slash never seems to get the same love/hate. Huh.

3. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

Yeah Zombies respose was beautiful, then again if OP sticks around after such an eloquent riposte, then she's probably got thick enough skin to thrive. Who knows? She might introduce us all to a world of quality slash we didn't know existed.

4. Earthie

Earthie Banned

I also want to say never, never go to Collar Space if you can avoid it. (Wayy of topic I know, but I feel like I have to warn everyone that might be new to the madness.)

5. RottedKarma

RottedKarma First Year

High Score:
    Kind of like what the others were doing to you?

So...welcome to the madness of DLP, I guess.

6. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Being the change you want to see doesn't mean compromising your morals. Try a bit harder and I won't give a fuck at all. That's all I'm saying. I'm not going to change me after all these years, and I don't expect anyone else to. I just want you to read the fucking stickies. They're there for a reason.

Also, its hard carrying the rest of you fucks in regards to making changes. (It was Sauce's love child that he's divorced, a cause that I've adpoted. Raven's making the actual changes)

If you're following IRC right now I've not outright dismissed them as a human being. That's better than 90 percent of the people in here fellating each other trying to not hurt feelings, and talking about "Oh DLP IS A BIT STRONG ON X." Get that shit the fuck out of here.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  7. Earthie

Earthie Banned

I mean, maybe? There is a lot of wonderful slash out there.

I haven't seen Zombie's response yet.
    --- Post automerged ---
    CS and DLP are not close to being the same kind of madness, though.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I mean, sure, I can live with that.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Trust me, ain't no one mistaking DLP as a place dedicated to slash.

Y'all say 'quality' fanfiction like your award-winning writers, I love it.

8. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Second Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Somehow in a thread full of actual LGBT people, you remain the biggest faggot @ScottPress .

9. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Yes, mock a fanfiction forum for trying to find and write better fanfiction than the usual shlock. I'm sure that's a great idea.

10. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Second Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I took it as genuine to be honest.

11. Earthie

Earthie Banned

Trust me, ain't no one mistaking DLP as a place dedicated to slash.

Y'all say 'quality' fanfiction like you're award-winning writers, I love it.
    I'm not mocking, I'm surprised that's what you think you're doing is all.

12. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Earthie, I genuinely enjoy a well written slash fic, and even the occasional poorly written, guilty pleasure one. But this isn't the place to ask for recs specifically about slash fics. Most of this community will read a fic with a slash pairing, if its tastefully written, not the main focus of the fic, and the rest of the fic actually meets the standards for good writing - good plot, good characterisation etc. They won't read a fic where the entire purpose is to showcase a gay relationship...because they're mostly straight. And there's a lot of slash fiction out there where the entire purpose is to be a vehicle for the relationship, regardless of the actual plot. If its too in their faces they won't enjoy it. And calling them homophobic for that, isn't going to help the situation for you or for anyone else.

13. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Explain how we're not doing that, then, if you would.

14. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This. I was nice before, but ffs, half of the fandom's best stuff is from DLP. @Earthie. wtf girl

15. BitMyFinger

BitMyFinger Banned

Dat's kinky :oops:

16. Sorrows

This thread was a request for good slash fics. We should stop turning into the intro thread pile-ons of old and add some recommendations if anyone has any.

I don't but if I did I'd add it here.

17. Earthie

Earthie Banned

I politely disagree? I can't think of any DLP fics I know. Like, any. (I mean, I don't really read Het so that might be why.)

18. Sorrows

Well go dig into the library, you can probably access the Work by Author subforum as well now. If you can reconcile yourself to read het then you're in for a treat. While you're at it put some quality stories up for review. If you've been reading the fandom for twenty years you must have read some genuinely good stuff. We can all step out of our comfort zone for some good writing.

19. wordhammer

wordhammer Dark Lord DLP Supporter

Best I can think of:

Amends, or Truth and Reconciliation By: Vera Rozalsky
    Post-DH, Hermione confronts the post-war world, including the wizarding War Crimes Trials of 1999, rogue Dementors, werewolf packs, and Ministry intrigue. All is not well, and this is nothing new. Rated M for later chapters.

Rated: Fiction M - English - Drama/Romance - Hermione G., Neville L. - Chapters: 69 - Words: 341,061 - Reviews: 1,229 - Favs: 656 - Follows: 769 - Updated: Mar 21, 2015 - Published: Nov 26, 2009 - id: 5537755

Thirty-Five Owls
    Letterblade
    Summary:

Being a correspondence between Albus P.W.B. Dumbledore, Grand Sorcerer, Supreme Mugwump, etc., and the prisoner Gellert Grindelwald, of some decades in length.

20. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

I accidentally read a slash fic once. Well, it was accidental in the sense that I didn't actually know it was a slash fic when I started reading it, but then was sprung on me like 200k words into the fic (at which point I stopped reading).

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3762636/1/The-Black-Heir

This is the fic that half of the shit from Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived was borrowed from, including the fan favorite Calypso Rosier. Oddly enough, I like this fic's version of Durmstrang better, though at this point it's been probably a decade since I even looked inside. So I honestly can't vouch for the quality of the contents.

Not open for further replies.