1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

So much slash!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lord Osiris, Dec 8, 2005.

1. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Now, here's a guy who likes Dark!Harry, Independant!Harry, Smart!Harry AND dum dum dum SLASH.

This is from author's profile of ReflectionsOfReality (the author of Dark!Harry story 'Allusions of Power' that I'm eyeing right now).

Just to show that there are guys out there who like slash. Bi's and real gay's I guess...

2. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
    I know this guy, read his work a LONG time ago, pretty decent. And I don't recall him carrying out that threat in that story.

That doesn't really explain much, though lol. A bi/gay guy liking/reading slash is different from a heteo guy reading/liking it. heck, because he's gay, I would think he have an aversion to reading hetero stories, and that's fine. The reviewers flaming him were pure dumb nuts though...

3. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I don't know, haven't read the story yet... Just though to show that there are males out there liking slash...

4. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
    ... but they are gay :lol: Find me a male not gay who likes to read slash then. hmm well I remember one who didn't "mind" slash if the story was good..might be maho actually, forgot.

5. OrchidDreams

OrchidDreams Guest

I think I've found one, but the story doesn't revolve around the relationship, the slash just 'adds' to it. Tastefully done, too, I might add. I think that story is the only slash story I have ever read and not been horrified.

6. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

I hate male slash. It disgusts me, and I find the very idea horrifying. I'm not saying I couldn't see a few gay pairs in Hogwarts, but they don't need to be in the middle of the story...a vague reference to it is okay, but to make it a main pairing just sickens me.

As for femmeslash...I dislike it too. It doesn't cause me to nearly throw up, but its usually badly written excuse for some female/female smut in a story. Even if its not, its usually badly written too. If its well written, I can stand it, but I still dislike it.

7. DGD

DGD Headmaster

The idea of Male-Male slash disturbs and sickens me because of my personal Heterosexual preference.

Female-Female slash doesn't bother me as much, but most of them are badly written sex-scenes.

8. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

Stained future writes the best sex scenes though i gotta admit... :headshot: Anyway, no man in there right mind would enjoy reading slash, come on who seriously wants to hear about the poo pirating adventures of Potter and Malfoy? all slash authors deserve a good slashing with my sizziling wok of havoc! use your spork Raven im yet to see any death caused by your much lusted after kitchenware!

9. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Ever hear of feartheturtle? No? He fell to the combined might of Midknight's spoon and my spork. More specifically, my sporked tongue and his silver spooned tongue. Do not test it readily, for it is multifunctional and would have little difficulty in castrating curious members. :twisted:

10. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

that was before their time, raven.

11. DGD

DGD Headmaster

Ah yes, I remember the feartheturtle incident. It was pretty gory.

12. Syn

Syn Fourth Year

hah. no offense to the ladies on the board, but most women have absolutely no idea what they want, much less what other women want. despite whatever words they say to describe what they want - most times their actions prove differently.

if you want to know what chicks want, you have to ask a guy who's been successful with dating them.

13. Miss Selarne

Miss Selarne Sixth Year

No offense taken. That's actually true. I have no idea what I want in guys or any part of my life (well most). For example, if my parents ask what I want for dinner, I don't know is usually my answer. If they give me a list of what they'll make I can pick something. Female minds are very confusing. Mine's mush.

14. Silent

Silent Kinky Wench

Yes, female minds are way too confusing, and mine is no exception.
    If I want to make sure I will stick with something and not change my mind, I have to write up a legally binding contract and sign it in my own blood, then put it somewhere I can see the wording so I won't slip out of it. I actually do try to find loopholes later.

15. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I usually just ask my female best friend what women want, as most of my male best friends are either A) Clueless, or B) Going out with really shallow girls.

If I don't ask Julia, then I just go with my instinct/intuition, as it is usually right

16. cazten

cazten Slug Club Member

Lol i do the same thing. I was apparently presented with the gift of being attractive when born, so 80% of my friends conist of hot girls lol. Though unfortuantly only a couple are at all useful. Is it just me or do most hot girls tend to be stupid while the "ok" ones are smart and the greatest asset youll ever have in life lol?

17. Tobang

Tobang Fourth Year

I’m personally dating a girl right now and I honestly don’t know if I hate her or love her. (well love is too strong a word but its just a saying.)

Sometimes I will go out with her and I will have a blast, then out of no where, we will be talking and I will be bored out of my mind with her.
    Now im not sure if that’s my fault or hers but im inclined to believe its hers because sometimes she adventures and fun sometimes she conservative and dull. And she switches between those two personalities faster then lightning. Girls are weird.

EDIT: lol Caztan i apologize i totally confused you with someone else sorry

18. cazten

cazten Slug Club Member

really i wasnt aware i was 11? Im fairly positive im almost 17... And hottest parts of a girl is completely opinional. I personaly think it would be legs, ass, and face (I find no particular part of the face attractive, just the whole thing in general).

Edit: Lol Np Tobang.

19. david9

david9 Banned

The problem, as was said before, is that slash/femmeslash is usually the whole story. At least with (most) straight pairings, there's either a side story or the pairing itself is the side story, and there's a larger picture. I don't mind slash/femmeslash per se, even if it does nothing for me. The only time it disgusts me is when you see shit like this:

I'm sorry but if you get off on a 140 year old man sodomizing an 11 year old, you've got issues.

20. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

WTF?

I was utterly unaware that that many gay people even existed! Okay, i get that a lot of it is done by teenage girls, and I agree, but who the hell is their target audience?

There AREN'T that many gay people to read and enjoy the shit! Jesus, you know that in your entire class at school, there are like three homosexual people, including the two girls that bullshit about it.

My point is that of the people that read the stories on FF.Net, the number of people with a lifestyle like that are incredibly small.

I just can't understand it...what motivates people to write these severely angsty/depressing stories, turn Harry into a shit-stabber, and then sit back and wait for the "awesome" appreciative reviews of their drivel?

Forget the fact that it's just slash for a second, and think of this: the sex-scenes that they write are positively obscene and graphic...what with their avid descriptions of just exactly how Harry's colon was rubbing all over Snape's wang. Gross...

Pah...it all disgusts me.