1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Solar Empire Mod Question

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Othalan, Dec 20, 2008.

1. Othalan

Othalan Headmaster DLP Supporter

Hmm, it seems like a bit of a toss-up whether this should go here or in the support section, so I apologize in advance if this needs to be moved.

Anyway, I recently picked up my copy of Sins of a Solar Empire, and of course, awesomeness ensued. But then, when I came up for air (and food), I discovered this wonderful little Star Wars mod for the game, called Sins of a Galactic Empire. Now, being the fanboy nerd that I am, I couldn't help but try it out. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get it to work, as I am a total noob at this sort of thing.

So, can anyone tell me just how in the hell I can get this mod (or any mod, for that matter) to work? I have all the necessary patches and software installed, and the mod downloaded; I just need to know how to get it from my documents folder to the game.

The game says that this is the mod path I need to extract it to: " C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Ironclad Games\Sins of a Solar Empire\Mods ", but I know nothing about extracting .rar files, or mod paths (yes, I am that big of a noob).

So, can anyone help me out?

2. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

First off, do you have winrar?

3. Othalan

Nope. Lemme guess, I've got to go get that first, right?

4. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Download winrar, run it, select where you've saved the mod and then click "Extract to" in the top-left and select where you want the extracted files to go.

5. Othalan

Whad'ya know, it works! Thanks for the help, guys.