1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Son of Suns Trilogy by blank101 - M - Star Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Palver, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Replay

Replay First Year

I'm pretty sure the excerpt he's already published is intended to be part of this story, and it's changed far more than just picking Luke up off Tatooine (which doesn't happen at all, by the way). I think what'll be worth reading in this story is how he deals with an entirely new set of circumstances. It's the same old characters, but their backgrounds are now vastly different than what they were in the trilogy. Plus, from the excerpt, this one seems to have a better balance of angst and, um, not-angst, I guess.

For one thing, Luke is still somewhat of a cheeky brat, even after being raised by the empire. For me, its just incredible how blank101 pulls off characterization. He could probably write the easter bunny's conversion to rabid killer mother bear with cubs believably, if he were so inclined.

2. Palver

Palver High Inquisitor

I'm already anticipating blank's Emperor Palpatine again - the most masterfully written evil guy I've ever seen.

3. gbbz

gbbz Professor

Edit of the first part ("Into the Storm") has been done.
    Blank has apparently revised all the grammar and other linguistic mistakes as of 19th of December 2012.
    Link