1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Spin off thread: Awesomely bad fan fic reviewers

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Midknight, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Reminds me of "guest." He also bitched about grammar but managed to make a grand total of three or four mistakes in one sentence. I just love flames like that, it just proves how idiotic they really are.

2. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

it makes me and and wonder if every ones opinions should count.

3. realmess

realmess Slug Club Member

o.k. This is a review, I loved the wording :wink:

4. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

MIDKNIGHT UPDATE!!!

Sorry, just bored and frustrated. :sigh: Fuck that bitch. Is your Harry more powerful? Yes, but not terribly, and you compensate for his power with Lack of Knowledge. I just want you to update. POR FAVOR!!! :D

5. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I'm working on the next chapt now actually, on a train out of town, writing in a notebook using my phone to be able to surf to check the boards, heh.

The thing I love is, Harry had a burst of emotion, and yeah maybe the magical core was a bit excessive, but he's not going to be able to use that... ever. Theres a reason that's there damnit and I just can't stand stupid bastards that want to complain I brought Sirius back (I didn't... trust me) or etc etc. It's aggrivating as hell

6. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Im going to cop shit like that as well because i'm explaining things as it goes along, like yours. They like things explained straight away so they dont have to use their brains.

I bet ya, they will be going on and on about how Harry couldnt have learnt all the things he knows in one year... but guess what, HE HAD FIVES YEARS! :p

That's why he really breaks up with Ginny at the end of sixth year. He hasnt been under the love potion for ages and doesnt understand what he saw in her.

For most of sixth year, he is using a time-turner with Dumbledore and redoes half of the year about 10 times which = 5 years. Its confusing, lol.

7. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

This is a reviewer that I like.

-----------------

Elanor

Seems like a very nice start so far, I also thought it was a bit ridiculous that Dumbledore showed him nothing but those memories. I wandered if you are planning to continue the ship between Harry and Ginny and if you do, to discourage you from it. As per the words of the great she is nothing but a “short, tom-boy, boy-who-lived obsessed celeb-stalker”. Away with you all Harry/Ginny lovers, AWAY!

keep on writing.

-------------------

The Great must be Midknight as he is the only one i've seen use that celeb-stalker line in a story. Midknight iz teh gr8!

8. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Just got this review for my rant-filled sarcastic one-shot where I bitched and moaned about bad fics. A bit disturbed by it. "how can I explain to my friends that my problem isn't the cutting that I barely do nowadays"

Is there ever an acceptable amount of cutting? Or is that like "I barely rape any babies these days..." where any at all is a very bad sign, but of course less is better than more.

I can't see it as anything other than 'Laura' being truthful and serious... Cry for help, anyone? But with an anonymous review there's nothing to respond to. Then again I could try and write a response fic and make it enjoyable about fanfic filling that endless empty void in all of our meaningless lives. Could probably even pull it off and make it funny. But I don't exactly think more fanfic is the direction to go.

Meh. Never had a review make me feel so helpless. And there's nothing I can or am going to do about it. But at least I can bitch and moan about that fact here.

9. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Laura is...disturbed. Forgetting to eat? Just reading all the time? I won't say any more.

Heir of Silvertongue generally gets the less intelligent reviews. This person I picked due the to fact that this person couldn't stop using exclamation points.

-------------------

PLS have Moony, Tonks, Luna and Neville BE on Harry's side! Because given Moony is a 'Dark' Creature I cannot see him turning on Harry because of his family background! Same goes for Tonks! She got to know Harry, so she should know Harry's NOT dark! Besides she's a Black on her mom's side! As for Luna and Neville, they're some of my favorite charcaters!

This one is from Heir of Silvertongue too...just see the name. 'nuff said.

-------------------

*applause, applause, applause!* i can't *wait* for you to update this story. im *especially* looking forward to harry proving everyone wrong, preferably in painful, humiliating ways;) see you next chapter . . .:)

10. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Less Intelligent?... i can manage less intelligant then even Athenakitty...

...beat that bitches... you cant get less intelligent...

11. nonjon

Wow. That is pretty bad. I mean sure Michael used to be black and all, but still. The guy's been knocking boots with children. You really think his wang is going hurt more than a piece of uncooked spaghetti in there?

Stupid reviewers. Tsk tsk.

SIDENOTE: Flames are annoying, but personally I appreciate the honest reviews. Even athenakitty, who has 'reviewed' my fics a few times, if memory serves. I don't care if your name is slashslut or hpdmslashlover (both of which I checked, one has me on favorites the other author alert I think). Any sort of genuine feedback, even from those unable to spell because they're paraplegic and typing with their nose. Think of it this way, to a skilled author with an outline, athenakitty may seem to just be asking obvious questions. But to a great many H/G fans she's reminding them 'OMGWTF! I forgot...' Hell, just so I know people are enjoying my fics, I've even got them just pasting a quote back at me. Partially because there's little to say, and partially because it amuses me. And author's aren't responsible if their reviews say "fuck" 50 times, right?

EDIT: /me just counted. You Did What?! Chapter 13's reviews include the word "fuck" 58 times. What can I say? Things like that make me happy.

12. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I LOVE flames... i find them hilarious...The fact that people get so pissed off and offended by my creatice juices is just so rediculous that i cant help but laugh. Sure, Dark Soul IS a bit... WTF i suppose but if you look at it from a creative, unbiased opinion i HOPE its a decent story that makes people stop and think ... or whatever...

But yeah, its the HONEST Constructive reviews that tell me I suck that I treasure the most.... they help me evolve as a writer and make everything all worth it..[/i]

13. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
    That's a pretty flame worth being minted. Oo...I kind of want one of those :oops: but I probably am not brave to try to get one hehe :lol:

14. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

(I just saw this when nonjon bumped it)

Ah yeah that'd be me, Darklordpotter.net as a penname for site recognition works great... for leaving my name in replys or posts on
    ff.net.. not so much. lol.

I still want to find out if she's being just totally retarded, or if she's doing the announcer thing they did at the end of Batman tv shows.

15. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Got a review that said she loved the story so far but because its not goin to be a H/G she stopped. Heh.

16. Lord_Slytherin

Lord_Slytherin Third Year

Since I like long reviews, either positive or negative, the infamous "Nice chapter, byes" has to get my vote.

17. Euphemism

Euphemism First Year

So would you prefer a two-word reply or no review at all?

18. Master Slytherin

Master Slytherin Headmaster

Dunno, a difficult one, very difficult.

One reviewer who leaves ridiculously short reviews is CastusAlbusCor. "Great Chapter. Byes." Is the most I've ever got from him. However he is loyal so I'll give him that.

That snape lover chick what was he name... DebsThSnapeFanNow I think. "Don't make Sanpe evil. Don't make Snape evil. You better not make Snape evil. If you make Snape evil..." blah blah. She doesn't review anymore lol. I'm not the only one she's annoyed. Half the fics I read have a note at the bottom telling her to shut up about Snape lol.

All the Harry/Lily shippers really irk me. I still get people writing Harry/Lily in their review 14 chapters after that poll closed. It's the way they demand it that really annoys me.

As for athenakitty, I've noticed her around and she's reviewed me but she didn't strike me as that annoying...though some of her questions do make me roll my eyes.

19. nonjon

I'll gladly take a 2 word reply over no review.

No review means I have no idea if they could read the whole chapter, whether they enjoyed it all, whether all the hits my story may be getting are because of search engine bots. I mean half the time for me at least, I'll post a chapter that's mildly humorous and as good as most previous ones, but not the best nor the worst. And readers enjoying it have nothing useful to say.

So I've gone the review whore route, and said that if they have nothing to say, they can just paste a quote I put at the end. I know shameless, but it gives me a better idea that there are more people enjoying the story, and therefore giving me the drive to write more. I'm now getting double and sometimes triple the reviews, and even more that aren't just pasting the quote.

Considering I don't particular like writing, I'd love more long constructive reviews, but "LOL, more" gives me a hell of a lot more than no response.

I expect just about the opposite is true for many authors though. But those are the ones who did well in English or writing classes. Or enjoy writing. Sillies.

20. Master Slytherin

Master Slytherin Headmaster

Ha, quite a good idea actually. It may be seen as review whoring but what some people don't see is that the reviewer's opinions are important to an author. I may actually trial that method lol.