1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

[Spoilers] Deadpool

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Celestin, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Orm Embar

Orm Embar Auror

This is a good movie; it's humorous, horrifying, and heartwarming in equal measure. Anyone who hasn't seen it should rectify that.

2. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I didn't think I could tolerate two hours or so of Deadpool, but that was actually really good. Funny throughout, cool action, surprisingly heartwarming, and Morena Baccarin...damn.

3. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Yeah, an R-rating is only a must if trying to stick to a lower rating is seriously hampering the writers/director's ability to make a good film. It's not like The Dark Knight or Days of Future Past were a terrible films because they had to use a bit of careful editing to keep from having too much blood on screen and were only allowed to say fuck once per film.

R-rating purely for the sake of an R-rating could lead to some bad films that mistake crudity for humor and think mature storytelling = everyone curses a lot and there's plenty of blood and gore.

4. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah, that's exactly my point: studios are going to attempt a million ripoffs, 10% will be any good.

5. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Just got back from seeing it and getting smashed (in that order). My opinion is positive and has already been stated by others. The movie did exactly what it set out to do and it did it awesomely, Reynolds was born for this, movie was well-made, etc. Deadpool is just much easier as a concept to adapt into a movie because where other superhero movies need to figure out how to make something seem realistic with real life props but still be true to the source material, Deadpool says "Fuck it", and goes nuts, just as it does in the source material.

I went in with high expectations and wasn't dissapointed, but by the time I left it felt like it'd ended too quickly. Like the movie had gone by much faster than I expected. Some might view this as a good sign, but to me it felt like it didn't have the impact that it should have, plot-wise. Like the movie just breezed by. I suppose it works for an origin story though.

6. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Two weeks in and it happened already (in the US at least). Some may argue that it's because of ticket price inflation, but give it few more weeks and it's going to be the most successful X-Men film even when you take that into account.

The question is how the 20th Century Fox will handle the sequel. I'm sure that they're now tempted to somehow ensure it's as successful as the first one, but the studio meddling, especially this one, rarely helps. On the other hand, giving Deadpool team an "unlimited" budged and let them do whatever they want to could be as bad because I'm quite convinced that in this film's case the limits made it more creative. For one we wouldn't have Negasonic Teenage Warhead in it if not for them.

Apparently it's going to happen. Of course the people from Fox are saying they were considering it before Deadpool's success, but right now it's pretty much confirmed.

7. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I saw it last night. Enjoyable. Not as gut-bustingly hilarious as friends led me to believe... but yeah. It was fun. Best part hands down was the post-credits scene.

Chick chickchicka.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  8. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm very happy that I ignored all the trailers and hype for this, and kept my expectations low, because I enjoyed it immensely and I feel like walking in with that preparation definitely was a lot of why I had a good time

9. Solaire041

Solaire041 Squib

High Score:
    Just saw it today (I know, I know...late to the party). Holy winged spacey Batman, such a great movie.

Also heard for the first time today that apparently some people had wanted it in PG-13. After watching it, I am most certainly glad they didn't listen.

Favorite line? "It's always just you two...almost as if the studio couldn't afford more X-Men!"

10. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

"[...]I bet it feels huge in this hand."

11. abrfine

abrfine Squib

High Score:
    The fact that his hand looked like a cross between an infant's and a doll's in that shot just added how amazing/terrifying that scene was. Not to mention the white horse/unicorn earlier on...

12. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    'I've buried 1600kg of cocaine somewhere in this house, right next to the cure for blindness. Good luck!'

13. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I've seen it twice now, and it does hold up on repeat viewings. I have the biggest smile on my face right now. I haven't had this much fun watching a movie in years.

"All the dinosaurs feared the T-Rex!"

14. wrestlingfan1

wrestlingfan1 First Year

It was so good i went and seen it twice. I really liked the teaser clip at the end of the movie, loved the humor.