1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

[Spoilers] World's 2013 Thread

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Jon, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Fnatic was, generally, winning the fights. Their fault law in failing to secure objectives after the fights, or defending their own.

2. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Which is what I said, and then their own split decision making cost them as it always does.

Well, that and what was ultimately turning into a failing tactic. Royal played Fnatic at their own game and beat them.

3. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I've done a lot over the months to watch LCS. Given up hot dates, stayed up way more than I should, etc.

But I am not going to wake up at six in the morning. No sir. A line must be drawn somewhere.

4. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Said I'd be in bed over 2 hours ago, seems little point now that I'd basically be getting up in a little over 2 and a half to set everything up.

Seems somewhat anti-climatic I'll be viewing it alone when I did the Groups and QF's with friends but such is life.

Don't care who wins, not really cheering for either side - just hoping to see 5 incredibly well fought games to end what has been an interesting season.

5. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

I'm cheering for Royal. Three reasons why;
    1. I don't want to see Korea dominate yet another eSport.
    2. I want to see Annie accepted as a viable support pick.
    3. Tabe.

6. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    The fuck was with that concert. Was I supposed to recognize any of those people or is this more random 'popular' music? At first i was like "oh cool they're professionally cosplayed as LoL champions going to play some music with an accompanying orchestra" but then it was like 'wtf is this shit?'. Like, how freaking cool would it be to have pentakill 'live' on stage?

7. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I'm not even going to dignify you.

You didn't recognize Lucian's theme?

8. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

That was the current Worlds theme and Lucian's theme.

Kinda wish we had a live performance of Vi's theme instead, but I thought it was fucking awesome.

9. Zerg_Lurker

Zerg_Lurker Headmaster DLP Supporter

How bout that 3-0 sweep though.

10. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Did it in 3-0? Not particularly fun, but not unexpected. SKTT1 is not Fnatic.

---------- Post automerged at 02:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 AM ----------

On the plus side, some pretty awesome champs will be getting SKT skins.
    Jax, J4, Gragas, Corki and Zyra, right?

11. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Yeah. tbh not sure if they really will do skins they've already said they don't like doing skins for Zyra due to the 'complexity'.

12. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Well that was one sided. The Analyst desk had more bite than Royal did those games barring game 2.

Not really sure why Royal collapsed inwards, just seems SKT had their number and beat them at their own damn game - aggression.

Still, it was a good tournament despite all the bitching about everything from the format (I admit, it needs a little tweaking) to the freaking 30+ minute pre-game show. It's like people never watched the tournament and then complain there's 30+ minutes of talk before the game. Do they not watch any big sporting event ever?

Still, roll on Season 4! And the Coke Zero challenger league. Straight after the LCS, feels like they could've done it on different days.

Edit; Also I wouldn't hold your breath on skins, from memory Garena did most of the work on the TPA skins and Riot just rolled them out for the $$.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  13. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    What were the viewership numbers like? Any idea on how it compared to TI3?

14. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

Last year, the LoL S2 finals pulled 1.1m concurrent and The International got 567k, not including TV.

The last numbers I saw reported for TI3 were 1m concurrent over Twitch, Gamify (Chinese stream) and 'Valve's own services' which I guess means the Dota 2 client itself. That doesn't include any TV viewers. No idea if that's accurate or not, but it's what I remember seeing and it's what a quick Google search pulled up.

There's no official announcement from Riot about S3 yet, obviously, but Dustin Beck (RiotRedBeard) did tweet some numbers last night. They had over 1m concurrent in the west for Game 1, with another estimated 1m in Asia and an estimated 4m watching on TV.

So ignoring TV it's looking like League pulled in roughly double The International's viewers again this year.

15. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

Thread necro time, justified by the fact that Riot finally put out some numbers about the viewership of the finals and... uhh... wow. Turns out League is really popular.

Not only does that shit all over what The International 3 pulled out, it rivals traditional sports. Impressive.