1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

[Spoilers] Worlds 2015 - TRASH TALK ALLOWED

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Lungs, Sep 23, 2015.

1. someone010101

someone010101 High Inquisitor

It's one strange world werd clgs strength is that they don't tilt.

2. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    And you have to admit that CLG has come a long way when 'not going on tilt' is something they can actually do.

Edit: Damn ninjas.

3. andy50

andy50 Groundskeeper

Don't worry you'll see the tilt soon :rolleyes:

4. PpJt

PpJt Second Year

As a CLG fan, I'm just waiting for when it all falls down and I'm left bitterly disappointed as usual.

With the C9 game, I'm worried about it to be honest. They didn't look strong, and ahq seemed to beat themselves. They just didn't know what to do with Veigar seemingly. And that's even with C9 letting Westdoor get his Fizz. That being said, nobody expects much from them, so even if they trundle through games like that C9 fans will be happy.

5. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

CLG are just waiting for the game against PAIN to show their true tilting potential.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

6. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

yeah i cant even pretend they have a chance.

the more every other mid shits on bjergsen, the happier i'll be.

7. PpJt

PpJt Second Year

PAIN will unleash the true tilt-inducing master, Soraka. With the ADC taking Mordekaiser while spamming ctrl-6 and face-rolling to victory. 500k+ viewers all tilt at the same time.

Victory interview just consists of entire stadium shouting HUEHUEHUE at the top of their voices.

I may have tilted when I read that back...

On a more serious note, I know nothing about paIN - are they the whipping boys of the tournament or do they have any real chance against anyone?

8. apoc

apoc The Once and Ginger King DLP Supporter

If CLG or YFW underperform, tilt, and just generally fall apart in their match against them, PAIN has a slim chance.

So yes, "whipping boys" is the correct title.

Not quite as much as Bangkok Titans, but they're next in line.

9. someone010101

someone010101 High Inquisitor

They've been the best team in brazil for a while, but the brazilian league scene isn't as good as the korean one.

10. Tehlaziboi

Tehlaziboi Ninja Meido

That C9 game was just bad to watch. Almost everyone on the team has landed some serious clutch spells that won their fights but it still felt like AHQ was half the problem with their dives and lackluster Rengar ults.

But for C9, it was really painful to watch Balls. Every time the camera pans to him, we see him missing pistol shot last hits, not respecting the distance of Darius pulls, and having really bad management of his barrels. Hell, he couldn't even get the timing for the barrels and shot them when they were still on their second tick. I really hope Balls steps it up because it seriously looked like he was the load that game.

11. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

What the fuck happened after I fell asleep. I drifted off between FNC's crushing victory and the next game.

12. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    You seem to just be beginning to realize that Balls is shit.

13. Tehlaziboi

Tehlaziboi Ninja Meido

Did I say I was surprised? Disappointment is up there but I don't see any surprise in what I've written. Everyone's known that Balls has been bad since at least IEM of last year. I'm just saying that I want Balls to do better because at this rate, he's going to get eviscerated by just about every good top laner in Worlds. Hell, Dyrus of all people might give him a run for his money.

14. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I'm pretty sure not even Dyrus is as shit as Balls.

15. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Solo lane Dyrus or camped Dyrus?

16. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Any kind of Dyrus.

17. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    I don't think Balls is anywhere near as bad as MSI Dyrone was, sure he didn't play well, but he didn't feed against a Darius. That is a win in my book.

18. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

I think Darius itself was the problem pick in the clg/FW game.

Darius is super strong, but he's low mobility without aide. In teamfights, that was what Lulu could do, but in lane, he's pretty gankable, especially by much higher mobility champs like Gnar and Reksai. Reksai ensures you cant get away no matter how sneakily you try to escape, and they both can stick pretty dang well.

I'm not 100% certain I'm right on this, but I remember being disappointed by Zion's warding in the game, and correspondingly he never had any wards in the upper river before a gank happened. Whether FW were keeping track of his warding (and knew when his ran out), were actively destroying them well in advance of a gank, or he just wasn't doing it, it doesn't matter- if youre as low mobility as Darius is, you need to be extra wary of being ganked out of nowhere, especially when the two people attacking you can chain cc you with ease.

I wasn't convinced at all of Darius's must pick/ban status after that game, because he was easily played around. Maybe if you counterpick him against a top that doesn't have a ranged aoe slow, isn't ranged, and doesn't have an escape, he'd be able to snowball better.

But when you can't get a kill after 3 ganks with an elise, something is up.

19. apoc

apoc The Once and Ginger King DLP Supporter

Eh, that was Darius vs Gnar, not a good matchup for Darius.

The real strength of that pick, imo, came out in the late game when CLG started getting picks and it was downright impossible to get away from Lulu boosted + Dead Man's Plate Darius with Apprehend.

That shit looking fucking terrifying.

20. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

It felt more to me that the game turned around on picks from Xmithie stuns into Doublelift blowing people up.

I just opened up the VOD for today, to double check the lategame team fights to see what actually was most effective for CLG to let them turn it around:

~35 minutes: its 1-6, Flashwolves just took Top and Middle inner turrets, and then swoop around to bottom Inner turret and wreck Darius's face. CLG engage on top of the destroyed turret. Alistar zones enemies off the backline and dies for it, as Jinx kills Braum from long range. Lulu then gets a double kill on Gnar and then Ekko (who had just used the teleport out-ulti back in combo to be there for the Darius gank, so he had no escape). Jinx chases Trist/Reksai away from Dragon, setting up CLG to take it (which was necessary, cuz FW were already at 3 dragons at this point). Score is now 4-8 with FW having a 5k gold lead.

~38: FW make a play to push down mid turret when all of clg was top, but clg manages to zone em off with only getting a chunk of hp off mid inhibitor turret. Both teams are now grouped in mid heading back towards flash wolf base.

~38:50: Elise hits Trist with a cocoon, setting up for her to be blown up. Casters werent paying attention and attributed it to the follow up pull in from Darius rather then the stun first. Also used was Lulu ulti on Darius for another knockup, probably just to be sure. This was almost certainly the game winning play.

CLG gets mid inhibitor turret and the inhibitor itself. They pull back slightly out of vision range into the midlane, and Alistar goes around the brush. He then flashes the brush, and headbutt/pulverizes Gnar and Ekko. Braum is just slightly out of range of the pulv, and reksai is also very close. Jinx immediately runs up to chompers the knocked up people, and Ekko proceeds to dive onto her. Alistar insta-exhausts the Ekko though, who has to Zhonyas. Ekko is cut off from his team by both Alistar and Darius right now. Reksai proceeds to attack the Darius/Alistar, and Braum stands in the back and uses his ulti towards Jinx (which does connect). Gnar tries to head to the backline, but is also cut off by Alistar and has to retreat. Reksai and Ekko break off to the side to retreat (towards bot), while Gnar and Braum retreat backwards into base.

Trist is still dead for 8 seconds.

Gnar is knocked up and then dunked by Darius. Darius is now nearly dead, because even though Alistars abilities were what was peeling for the back line, Darius was the one actually tanking all the damage.

It is now 6-8, with a 3k gold lead for FW.

~40:20: After starting Baron as an obvious bait, Darius teleports (to the raptor camp) in behind the FW who are starting to commit to attacking CLG at baron. Gnar is still dead for 30 seconds at this point. Darius picks the Ekko and pulls him out of any attempt at a fight, and Ekko flees over the wall. Darius is now chasing three (Braum, Ekko, and Trist), but a buster shot knocks him away. Extended fighting occurs at the midlane entrance to FW base, who are scattering around.

Ekko is nearly dead for FW, but so is Alistar. Elise, Lulu, and Darius are all floating around half health as well. So is Braum for FW. Jinx runs forward, and nearly 2 shots the Trist, who has exit the fight. Meanwhile the Reksai dives into CLG hoping to get some suicide kills, but diving onto an Alistar is usually a bad idea, and to compound that Alistar gets Lulu ulted as well.

CLG then destroys bottom inhibitor. Half their team is still low, and FW still have 3 up (Gnar/Ekko/Trist, all the carries). Darius gets a grab off onto Ekko, and nearly oneshots Ekko (who zhonya's then ulti's to survive, the ult just barely didn't kill him) which prompts Trist to nearly kill Alistar and Gnar to dive and 4man ulti CLG towards the inhibitor turrets. Trist kills Alistar finally, and would have gotten Darius too if it wasn't for a Lulu shield.

Elise and Darius are both near dead, Lulu is at half health, and Jinx is nearly full. Ekko had ulti'd himself to safety from the Darius near kill, Gnar was at half health, and Trist was at full.

CLG is group as 4 heading to the bottom inhib, Gnar is flanking around the side of them, Trist is heading from the NW, and Ekko is behind Trist. Gnar's flank runs directly into Darius, while the other three from CLG proceed to stop running and rush the Trist/Ekko. Lulu shields Darius at this point.

Elise hits ANOTHER clutch cocoon on Trist, and then gets blown up by Ekko.

Trist dies before the cocoon wears off.

As Ekko turns on Lulu, Jinx uses her passive run speed to cut off Ekko from behind as he and Lulu proceed to kill Ekko.

All of Gnar's abilities are on CD without killing the Darius, so he is forced to run out of his own base before Trist and Lulu kill him, too. Base then dies.

The by far most clutch play here was that first cocoon pick on Trist. That set up everything that came after it, got a turret and an inhibitor, and setup for the next fight.

The next most clutch play was Alistar's Flash Headbutt/Pulv that happened right after the previous play. This forced FW to a 4man check them at Baron, where they were again chased out with ease.

After that, it was probably the teamfight I first talked about. That was the initial turn around point for the game, though it wasn't enough to win them the game like hte other two plays did.

Then in the enemy base, Elise's cocoon on Trist basically ensured there was no way they could lose, while Darius's near oneshot on Ekko forced him on the backfoot and didn't let him initiate anymore (because his ulti was down).

Darius wasn't what won them the game, nor was he the thing the enemy couldnt get away from. Aphromoo's Alistar and Xmithie's Elise initiated the teamfights that won them the game, whereas Darius is just super tanky. There were three major apprehends that occurred- The one right after the game winning Cocoon that ensured Trist didn't escape, the one on Ekko over the wall after Darius teleported in during the baron fakeout. Darius tries to chase, but doesn't manage to get 5 bleed stacks on Ekko (only 4), much less kill anyone. He also gets buster shotted away. Jinx is the one who runs up to the front line and follows up that damage, not Darius.

Like I said, I'm not convinced by the champ in competitive. He felt way too easy to play around in early/mid game, and in late game other bruisers/juggernauts could probably do the same things he did, too, with better early games. I don't think it was a fault of Zion's, I think FW were just ready for Darius (and baited them into picking it, with the flash to it during champ select).

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015