1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Spore

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Sol, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Sol

Sol High Inquisitor

Actually, nevermind. Just bought it. Anyone play?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  2. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Just a reminder - there's no soliciting warez - including CD-Keys, on DLP. People have been banned outright for it in the past.

3. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

For about an hour before I got bored and uninstalled it. Maybe you'll fair better.

4. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It was amusing enough, like Halo Wars. Simple to beat on all difficulties, and simple in design and graphics. All higher complexity in this game was dumbed down for the retarded population of America.

5. Seitou

Seitou Third Year

Jesus man, why didn't you jsut tell him it was as fun as sticking himself with a fork for an hour and a half?
    I played spore for about 2 hours, then realised that the best part of the game was the character creation, which isn't exactly the most fun thing in the world.

6. moogleknight

moogleknight Second Year

Only 2 Hours? Bleh. None of you got to the Space Stage, which plays somewhat more complex then the first stages, and somewhat more enjoyable. Althought not as complex or long lasting as full space RTS's, like Sword of the Stars or Sins of a Solar Empire, it is still entertaining.

7. Bittersweet

Bittersweet Groundskeeper

The space stage?? You like that?

It was, without a doubt, the worst part of the game. At least the evolution stage was something new, the space stage was just like any other ten year old repetitive game made solely for addicts.

Massive waste of time all in all.

8. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

We've gone over this game before in detail, but yeah, the creature creation is the only really decent part, and that's limited as fuck. Seeing the vehicles that ppl have made are amazing, and kept me for another 6 hours or so trying to make some of them. I got a pretty epic Wall-E going, along with an Xwing.

But the Space stage, once you're 30 minutes into it, the same, exact thing over and over. It never changes, never fluctuates at all, and there's nothing new to see other then the sporepedia creations in space. After about the 3rd time I ran into my own creation on a different planet I got mad, lol.

And forget conquering around the center of the galaxy, they can control over 2000 star systems.

9. Magus

Magus Groundskeeper

My sentiments towards Spore (especially its Space stage) are pretty much the same as Bittersweet's and Xiph0's. Apparently the Galactic Adventure's expansion was supposed to flesh it out a bit more, did anybody try it?

10. Gabrinth

Gabrinth Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I don't think anyone cared enough. I watched Snarf play it, but once it got to be like a far worse replica of Age of Empires 3 (the nation or world stage, or whatever), I said fuck it and went back in my room to read fanfiction.:awesome

11. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I got it, but uninstalled it when I got the legit version of Spore so the kids could use the sporepedia without worrying about being banned for a nonlegit Galactic Adventures.

12. Sol

Sol High Inquisitor

Well, my own preferences aside, this is right up the alley of my ten and eight year old boys. They try to play World of Warcraft but mostly end up making dozens and dozens of Gnome characters and running around killing wolves and bunnies until bored, so this is a welcome respite to deleting a small armada of little blue haired halflings every time I log on.

13. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Just to clear up - never played Spore or offered an opinion. Pretty sure Magus confused me with someone else XD

14. Magus

Magus Groundskeeper

My bad, meant to say Middy.

Anyway, having tried Galactic Adventure's I've concluded that it's still horrendously boring, but now the bit that apes WoW is longer. Some of the stories people came up with were amusing, but playing it was like entering an emotional void were "fun" does not exist.

I'd give it a go if someone made "The Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy," but otherwise thats about it for me and Spore. Despite its underwhelming performance, I'm sure I'll end up buying Spore 2 anyway.