1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Spying no Jutsu by daniel-gudman - T - Naruto

Discussion in 'Naruto' started by Kensington, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Mechanicalchrist

Mechanicalchrist Groundskeeper

Not 'ninja!Itachi', 'ultimate ninja!Itachi', which is pretty self-explanatory.

2. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

Naruto should have just bailed in my opinion, or been dragged away by the Kakashi clone that was supposed to be headed to the scene.

Sitting down with a woman who can't even hold herself still from eating a Tsukuyomi when he could have just walked away doesn't make sense to me.

Divulging your spy mission to the enemy just because? I dunno.

Ultimate ninja!Itachi.

People like to pretend he's God's gift to ninja-dom. That every move he makes is somehow perfect and better than anything any other character could possibly pull off.

I dislike that, considering he was supposed to be fighting a Kage who legitimately should be able to stomp him without him using his OMG insta-pwn eye cannons. The fact that he was actually pretty much winning the fight before he had to use Tsukuyomi sort of disappointed me.

And what the fuck is with "the bears aren't good in the mist?" Don't they have bear senses? Like smell? I didn't get the logic there.

The author tried to make it believable by handicapping what's-her-name, but it came off pretty lame considering the mist should have fucked Itachi over pretty good.

There's a reason why he has to use MS every fight - he's just not as good a ninja as people pretend he is.

3. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well he was a captain in ANBU even before he got the Mangekyou, and has a record for graduation almost comparable to Kakashi. So he was a very good ninja, and for what we've seen of him, he has stuck to the rules shinobi are supposed to live by. Thus he is the best ninja in Naruto, because the rest of them are more like the 'battle mages' you so helpfully pointed out in your story thread.

4. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

What I meant is that he's portrayed as the ultimate battle mage.

Here's some food for thought:

If Itachi was so powerful and his future so bright, why did Sarutobi and the council feel it was better to cast him out from the village as a traitor than for them to simply publicize the Uchiha Massacre for what it was - a government subduing traitors who threatened to overthrow the established, legitimate regime.

Itachi had evidence that the Uchiha were planning a coup. They could have done it easily enough.

People like to think that Itachi could have been the fifth Hokage, but if that were the case then Sarutobi would have protected him just as he protected Naruto.

It's that simple. Itachi was a throw-away.

And those are my feelings about that.

5. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

It's been so long since I read about Itachi, but isn't he sick or something? Besides his deteiorating eye-sight, that is.

He's pretty good.

He fought his brother and defeated him easily even under severe handicaps. Yeah, Itachi isn't Pain or Madara, but I'd be willing to put him on the same level as Kakashi (who could probably hold his own against a kage).

The other ninja shouldn't be so easily tricked by him though. He's beating them too easily with tricks that should be commonplace.

6. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

That's what I'm talking about.

Itachi is a strong ninja, but too often authors get the idea in their heads that he can beat anyone with a kunai or in a bathrobe.

They write him making Kage-level ninja look like academy students, and it's lame.

He's not that strong.

7. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I would read a story in which Itachi took down a Kage-level ninja in a bathrobe. If only as a crack fic.

8. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

This wasn't a crack fic.

9. Ryuugi Shi

Ryuugi Shi Hierarch

Just to through this out there, the data books do, in fact, support Super!Itachi. The sum total of his stat's (as of the most recent data book, which is still in Japanese, and has only been translated on the internet) is the highest of all know ninja. Granted, guys like Pain and Madara haven't been given stats yet, but still. He's far above all the main characters (including Sasuke, whom, while stronger then Naruto and Sakura in the data books, was pathetic compared to Itachi) as far as stats go, despite suffering from deterierating eye-sight and terminal illness.

10. MrMucus

MrMucus Groundskeeper

He really shouldn't have spammed that MS so much <_<

11. AntiChrist

AntiChrist Professor

I'm pretty sure the bears were pretty much useless because it said the mist blocked all sensory input including that of chakra for everyone besides the user of the jutsu. That's what makes it different from the regular mist jutsu.

12. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    What good is a giant war animal if it can't see/smell/sense its foe? You want them to go up and lick the enemy before attacking?

13. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The fog blocked all of the senses.

14. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

Databooks say that Jiraiya has the same combined stats as Itachi, while also saying that both Sasuke and Sakura have higher combined stats than Naruto.

You don't use the databook to make comparisons between characters - only to see how a character's different skill sets compare to one another.

For instance, Kakuzu has a 5 in ninjutsu while Naruto has only a 4, yet Kakuzu was sweating bullets at the mere sight of Naruto's Futon: Rasen-Shuriken.

Naruto has a 4 in ninjutsu because he has a 5 in stamina - an area in which he accels over pretty much every other character in the entire manga. Compared to his godly SS-rank stamina, even his S-rank ninjutsu doesn't look so good.

'sigh'

So then why was Itachi able to win again?

It's not that important anyway, just a gripe I have. The author invented a jutsu that was unbeatable by pretty much anyone - even a Kage - and then had Itachi beat it with ease.

This was supposed to be superior to the Hidden Mist jutsu that Kakashi couldn't overcome with his Sharingan - a Sharingan that, MS aside, is in no way inferior to Itachi's aside from chakra usage.

I'm sort of derailing this thing, so I'm going to stop here.

Good story, liked the fights for the most part. Didn't like seeing another author riding Itachi's dick.

15. AntiChrist

AntiChrist Professor

Well, it's been updated and as of now the story is complete, but the author says to expect a sequel soon. The last chapter was basically just a wrap up of the events from the previous chapter. I had some issues with the idea of Bear senjutsu but it's a minor issue in my opinion. I enjoyed Sasuke's reaction to Motoko being Naruto and Naruto's new jutsu, Sexy Sexy World and the implications it might have in the future. 5/5

16. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

I like the ending, but agree with you that the bear senjutsu is a bit off.

But probably not for the same reason as you think it is.

Honestly, how irresponsible is it that a Kage would choose to undertake a dangerous training regimen that more often than not results in death?

You have to have a special knack for senjutsu in order to learn it, and I find it odd that a leader would risk the future of his or her country on what really boils down to as a gamble.

It's the reason why I believe that Minato never learned senjutsu. Normally the frogs don't take young students to learn the art it seems - Naruto was an exception due to the imminent threat of Pain. Once Minato became Hokage he had neither the time nor the recklessness and "guts" necessary to risk his life and the safety of his country to learn it.

It also makes me think that Ursura will play a big role in the sequel, which makes me a bit wary.

Still good, though.

17. AntiChrist

AntiChrist Professor

I think that was where the whole thing was leading up to though. I'm pretty sure the author said it was going to be a Naruto/Yugito pairing so by nature it would require substantial interaction with other countries. Also, remember the promise that Ursura made to Naruto in the previous chapter. It seems like some kind of united front against the forces of Akatsuki is approaching.

18. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

Oh, I forgot to mention this and it really rubs me the wrong way.

The Three Holy Grails of genjutsu.

I mean, what the fuck?

Random chick who's said to be greater than the Sage of the Six Paths?

What the fuck?

I sort of despise this. Writing genjutsu takes very little creativity in my opinion, as you don't have to make anything about it believable or overly clever.

It's either a "oh, this is obviously genjutsu, snore" or it's a "wait, what the fuck just happened?"

Canon shows us that only the very strongest of genjutsu have any significant effectiveness against high level characters. Developing Naruto's style entirely around powerful genjutsu - the workings of which he just stumbles upon with no exposition or explanation - is completely contrary to both canon's portrayal of Naruto (the guy is pretty much incapable of being good at genjutsu thanks to his unstable chakra and unorthodox way of thinking and learning) and the canon abilities of genjutsu.

Serious downer for me.

19. Paravon

Paravon Seventh Year

Random super ninja appearing out of nowhere? In my Naruto? Never.

Wait. What?

Did you pay attention to any of the manga, or any of the fic.

Hint: Obvious relation is obvious.

20. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

It should be noted that this continuity is well, being continued in the sequel, The Biggest Chuunin Exam Ever.

I likey (although it's too short so far for the plot to really take off).