1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Spying no Jutsu by daniel-gudman - T - Naruto

Discussion in 'Naruto' started by Kensington, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

This is, sadly, one of those fics that was written a few months (or was it a year?) too early.

:(

2. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

True, there is quite the deviation from canon here. If I recall from the TFF threads, Itachi is a complete traitorous dick, since it was written before the Itachi/Sasuke fight.

I actually like this a bit better than canon - mainly because the OCs are really interesting, and I'm liking the Naruto/Yugito interaction.

3. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Third Year

I like the Naruto and Yugito interactions and the fact that they have Naruto put in as a ringer (an idea that's been going around in light of the pitfalls that Konoha has in the current manga, what with the destroyed village and all).

Downfalls are I don't like his Raikage. I think it's because the canon Raikage is probably one of the better characters that has been introduced recently, and he's probably going to marginalize Team Samui and Kira.

One of the better parts is the fact that Naruto doesn't really care about Yamato and is constantly pissing him off just for the fun of it. All in all this is probably one of the better characterized Naruto's when you look at the fact that he hasn't had to go through the troubles that his canon counterpart went through duing the latter half of part 1 and during part 2.

4. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

Nevermind missed a line by Ebisu.

5. ketz3r

ketz3r Second Year

6. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

That had... way too many OC points of view.

7. fire

fire Order Member

Is anyone willing to post the new chapter here? I can't access TFF since I don't have an account there - nor are they accepting new members at the moment.

8. GiantMonkeyMan

GiantMonkeyMan High Inquisitor

If it's not on there already then you can request it on the tff archive and someone will post it up. Basically ever since tff stopped allowing new members some people decided to archive the fics that were on there so that everyone would have a chance to read.

9. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Bit late to review this story since I read it years ago, but I remember this story fondly. It was pretty amusing and the scene where Itachi accidentally discovers Naruto is one that I've never been able to forget. Don't know why, since at first glance it doesn't seem that special, but I'll always remember Naruto saying that Itachi's eyes really are the best and Itachi thinking that even his eyes couldn't see through Naruto's Henge.

I never knew he started a sequel. Hm.

10. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

Never knew he had a sequel either.

Always had fond memories of Spying no Jutsu. Used to reread the last 3 chapters a lot. And definitely agree with you about that scene Syaoran. Also the conversation he has with Ursura after that and that "Itachi, why are you in a bathrobe?"

11. Idiot Rocker

Idiot Rocker Auror

Spying No Jutsu still makes me laugh. I had almost forgotten about how much I enjoyed it actually.

Thanks for the bump Syaoran, re-reading this really put a smile on my face.

12. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

This story is awesomer than canon, tru faq.

I knew this story had an sequel but I thought it was dead.

13. Mutton

Mutton Order Member

Wow, I'm re-reading this and it aged quite well. It's really stupid in all the right ways which makes the story come off as a cute sort of silly. Surprisingly hard to pull off, but I'm glad this story was brought up again, as I'm having a good time browsing through.

EDIT: Okay, having just finished re-reading it; the middle bits at the actual spa and the fight scenes are pretty bland and boring. Author's got a talent for the more zany aspects, but it didn't really work well there

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012