1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Star Citizen

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Erandil, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13827-Arena-Commander-PAX-East-And-Beyond

Star Citizen is always good for interesting news, be it a new high of crowdfunding (42mil currently), the marvellous modding for a game still in development (The Next Geat Starship restarted last week) or simply the great opportunity to directly experience how a modern game gets developed with weekly updates and pod-casts showcasing it(Wingman hangar etc.)

But even if all that doesn´t interest you should check out the video above (and maybe skip to minute 9 or so) because it, more than anything, shows how much gaming has progressed over the last decade. For those who wondered why over 400k people would spend so much money on nothing but a dream maybe here you can finally glimpse at the beauty we all dreamed about. It is still pre-Alpha and nothing even remotely finished but it is the next big step in an incredible journey.

2. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    They have my money. $80 if it to be specific.

I don't even know if I will love this game as much as some of the others, but I just all around want to support this method of development.

It's so incredibly superior to the current publishing model. The easiest example is obviously EA, and their antithesis of the midas touch.

I really hope this promotes a lot more feeback driven development of games in the future, as even now you can see the amount of ideas the developers take from the community.

Of course, the absolute love and dedication these developers have for their game helps a huge amount as well.

I'm not hugely excited by the release of the Dogfighting module, but that's because I haven't ever really played a game like it. I'll probably enjoy it, but not love it.

What I cannot wait for, is the persistent universe. That shit sounds fucking incredible.

My plan is, around this time next year, to dumb at least $1000 into upgrading my PC for the occulus rift and this game. I think the result will be far greater than the sum of the parts.

Not to mention, I'm pretty much completely convinced that Virtual Reality is the future now.

3. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

So after a "small" delay the Arena Commander(Dogfighting) is finally available.

It runs smoothly (had no game-stopping bugs thus far), looks fantastic and the gameplay is quite entertaining.
    So yeah if you have Alpha Access you should definitely try it out, for all others there is always youtube.

Another thing is that TNGS (Another showcase of how insane this game is, a modding competition for game that doesn´t exist yet^^) has its it final this weekend. The work the teams have done is incredible and I really hope that more than the winner gets into the game.

4. Captain Trips

Captain Trips High Inquisitor