1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

STAR WARS (A Death Eaters/Mafia Variant) :: Concluded [Rebels Win]

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Zeitgeist, Aug 30, 2011.

1. calutron

calutron Unspeakable

Beware my friends, more than what we can see is happening here, as I returned to my dormitory from work at the spaceport, I had seen an odd looking droid wandering around, then this news. For the sake of the empire I urge you all to be aware my friends.

2. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Awww shit. This pretty much guarantees that Lungs was a important role among us and that by covering up his identity the rebels seek to impersonate his role and seek to sow discord.

However!!!!!

Now that I have called that strategy out said person may bide his time for when we are not so vigilant and may take advantage by twisting our minds in lynching some of our more stupid citizens.

BE AWARE AND YOUR EMPIRE WILL surely PROTECT YOU.
    You being aware does not guarantee your safety.

3. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I think we're missing something. What was that about a droid on Zeit's report? I suspect another role taking action. And why kill Lungs? Even if he had an important role, I don't think he slipped up and showed it. Why would the Rebels target someone so close to being lynched anyway?
    I don't think the Rebels killed randomly, I just think that they are planning to play in a way that confuses us.
    Or they just killed him because he annoyed people. He did have quite a few annoyed at him.

4. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

Sith, I hope this won't get me lynched.

I was visited by a “svelte“ figure last night. Svelte meaning slender or graceful, I am nearly positive that I was visited by the Slave, the Rebel role-blocker.

For obvious reasons, I wont disclose whether they were successful or not, but given the activities of the astro-droid last night, this leaves two scenarios.

One, I was TARGETTED for a role-block, or Two, the droid substituted my presence for anothers to prevent another player from being role-blocked.

I realize that disclosing this only puts me on everyones radar, and I can't prove my innocence because there's no way to prove I am not either of the Jedi lurking the city. I am presently curious if clever use of the astro-droid can weed out the slave.

Still, while Im standing on my soapbox here, I would like to urge the Probe Droid and its owner to exercize caution, investigating a different person each night, only revealing themselves when they have concretd proof of someones guilt, and not a moment sooner.

Also, fuck cellphone keyboards. D8

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  5. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

So fuck, This is seriously frustrating. I have no idea on who is looking suspicious. I think that the killing of Lungs was made to put the suspicion on Oliver.

Am now going to wait for now.

6. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

Because somebody asked me away from the main thread:

About PM regarding night visits, infer what you want from the descriptors present. However, the terms used have been deliberately chosen to be misleading and ambiguous. Reading too much into flavour text can be costly, resulting in poor judgments.

I'm going to sleep now, but just in case you don't know:

23 people remaining, 12 votes required to execute somebody at the shooting range

I'll do a vote tally when I wake-up. Use the correct format for voting and rescinding, or else your post will not be legitimate. As soon as 12 votes are reached, nobody can rescind - and the two hour count-down for the Imperial Governor will begin.

7. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

It's not necessarily a bad thing to be waiting at this point.

Nobody seems suspicious atm and many are lurking to some degree so our suspect pull is small (out of sight, out of mind and such). Just let our Probe fight the good fight and soon enough we shall find some Jedi scum to kill.

8. Zeitgeist

For your convenience, the Rules in the first post have been updated to include a Priority list regarding Night Actions. Basically, it outlines what happens in the event of "role pile-ups" (e.g. roles targeting other roles). If you have greater priority, you act first.

9. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Alright, I’ve just woken up, and I’ve noticed few of you have really understood what it means when the Bus Driver has been fooling around with roles. This guy could have targeted anyone and now anyone with a Night Role has to be on alert since any information they have been given could be false. This especially goes for our investigator, who might have gotten a report that someone is innocent / false, but in reality, they’re actually false / innocent.

I really don’t get why Lungs was killed last night. He was trying so hard and I predicted we were going to lynch him today or the next day. Such a waste of a kill, but let’s try to take advantage of that by snagging one of the rebels today.

10. Zeitgeist

The Astromech's actions would not make any information false. The bolded parts are for emphasis:

Essentially, the Astromech's targets will have swapped places: anything that happens to A during the night will instead happen to B, and vice-versa.

For example, the Mechanic deploys the Probe to investigate A and the Emperor's Hand chooses to protect B. The Astromech selects and swaps A and B. Consequently, the protection of Emperor's Hand would be over A, and the Probe will produce a correct report - on B.

I hope that this clarifies things for you.

11. Vira

High Score:
    Barely, Zeit. Ugh, even when I think I understand this role, I can barely comprehend it. Fuck this role. D8

Still, that's really going to mess up our investigations and the like. I really hope the Astromech doesn't randomly choose people to do this stuff each time, or we're going to have chaos all over the place.

12. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

So that means Lutris might have been targeted for killing and it hit Lungs because of the Emperor's Hand ?!?

So - anyone want to start a bandwaggon?

How about Republic21?

13. Vira

High Score:
    Instead of just randomly accusing people, we should get evidence instead. I don't want to find that the guy we just lynched was the doctor or something. We must be better players than that. <_<

Minion, since you're the one bringing Republic up to bat, what is your evidince against him?

14. calutron

calutron Unspeakable

The emperor's hand keeps someone keeps someone invulnerable, not switch. If what you say is what happened then what happened is Astromech Droid interference.

That droid interference is dangerous, because nobody knows what anybody else role is, Astromech might transfer the target from a civilian to an Imperial governor. I don't need to tell you all how disastrous that would be.

Now, what is clear from last night is that the rebels targeted and unknown person for both night kill and role-knowledge prevention. That got switched onto someone else[Lungs] by the Astromech. Now we don't know if Lungs had an important position in the Imperium or was just a civilian. That's all we know.

We have to assume the worst case scenario, for Lung's death that he was someone of power in the Imperium, and one of the people we count on to protect us is dead. That's bad news any way we slice it.

I'm willing to bandwagon Republic, but from where I stand KaiDash, Lutris or even you Minion look just as suspicious.

15. KaiDASH

Picking names out of a hat, I like it.

Worked out well for us in that weird alternative universe where the force is concentrated inside 12 inch sticks.

16. Lutris

I'm wary of anybody who actively starts a bandwagon, as a rule.

Minion, that means you, at the moment.

EDIT: calutron, you're fishy at the moment as well, and not because you say I'm suspicious (that hurts, really.). You're suggesting we 'draw names out of a hat' as KaiDASH puts it, and that's just downright foolish at this juncture.

I'll concede that we need to vote off players to win, but that holds true for the Rebels as well. They need to whittle away our numbers until they're the majority, and if we do their jobs for them, our bandwagoning won't be worth jack shit.

We're forced to ignore Lungs' death, as untimely and unfortunate as it is. We have no data on the circumstances of his death, nor his role, and that forces us to assume the worst. The fact that the Senator swept his death under the table was quite possibly one of the best moves that he could have done at this point in the game- our first lynch was a failure, and our first Citizen death can't be used to infer guilt in any other players.

At the moment, all we can do is point fingers and assign random values of guilt with whatever private criteria we may have, and that's the best we can manage.

As KaiDASH said, we need to let our Probe fight its good fight, until we have a concrete enemy. Until then, with 23 players still in the game, I think that for the moment we have enough players that not reaching a consensus to kill somebody off, and instead leaving things to our night-role players is the safest option. Better to have 1 person (or less, depending on our healer) dead, rather than 2 deaths that are less likely to produce evidence. Assuming that the Rebels kill a person every night (and they WILL do that), we'll be losing 1 person at a minimum.

If we also lynch a person every night, that's one less opportunity for our Probe to investigate an individual for our benefit. The 3 Stormtroopers not withstanding, nobody knows who the other Imperials are, and we HAVE to play it safe until we have more evidence.

To that end, I'll be abstaining this Day's vote.

17. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Lutris may be a corrupt merchant and a cheat, but he makes good sense. Although I suddenly now suspect nearly everyone, I feel in a state of confusion. Why would Lungs be scrubbed except to confuse? The Rebels, if that's who they are, have managed to confuse us successfully. We don't have the information to lynch anyone - even though calutron and KaiDASH seem a bit too bloodthirsty to me.

18. KaiDASH

you. uh. what?

I don't even know how to reply to that.

It's not like I've been advocating proper reasoning behind lynches since the beginning, or anything like that.

Just pure skulls for the skull throne and war for the war god and all that good stuff.

19. Lutris

Lol, go to bed, Kai. Your argument's not carrying much weight without a proper night's sleep informing it. :(

20. calutron

calutron Unspeakable

You seem to be pretty forgiving of Kai, Lutris. You accused me just because I liked his idea, but you completely ignore Kai. What's up with that?