1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars announcements

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Mordecai, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

I get the feeling towards Tattoini/deserts.

But... it’s based around Obi-Wan post Revenge of the Sith. It has to at least have a bit of Tattoini in it.

2. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    They might as well name Tatooine the capital planet of the galaxy at this rate. It's shown up more often than Coruscant.

3. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Deserts are easier to film in than planet-spanning mega-cities I guess.

4. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Now that's how you make a trailer.

5. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I mean, I will definitely watch it, looks slick af.

But I really hope they start moving further and further away from the Empire era soon. Post RotJ / Pre-Sequels is a fun time period to explore, but I want to go further afield. Back to the High Republic, Back to the Old Republic, to a distant future where they can perhaps reintroduce the Vong. I am super hopeful for that High Republic Acolyte show they teased.

6. Celestin

They will never do that, but I would like an adaptation of the Mandalorian Wars in Game of Thrones style with multiple characters on both sides of the conflict.

7. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

I find it amusing and telling that they are staying away from the sequel timeline. Which you would think Disney would be all over. As that is their baby.

They mostly seem to be pretending it doesn’t exist.

8. Celestin

They just need to wait 20 years and then they can do Disney+ series that will make everyone nostalgic about it.

9. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Looks like the Ahsoka show is definitely going to be Rebels 2.0. They just cast Ezra. Never seen him in anything but he certainly looks the part.

10. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    [​IMG]

Canonizing the Rebels artstyle as Sabine's artistic pov is so fucking cheesy and fanservicey, but at the same time..... I absolutely love it.

11. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So diving into Andor and it reignited my love for Star Wars after the burnout I felt from the Sequels. Watching Rebels now and it’s pretty solid.

just curious but has there been anything said about the future structure of Star Wars going forward? I know there is the Ahsoka show, but any movies? Any thoughts of what comes after Rey? Or are they all just operating in this pre-sequels space?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2023
  12. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think they were burned so bad by the negative reception of Skywalker #9 that they are using TV shows as safer, lower risk bets to rehabilitate the brand before returning to big movies. Book of Boba Fett aside, it seems to be working.

13. Arthellion

High Score:

Yeah they kinda wrote themselves into a hole with Skywalker characters I feel. Anything they do with Luke really now is marred by him becoming what he did and they’re kinda pidgeon holed in on that. I expect films set post sequels to prolly be set centuries ahead. Or they might just go old republic which wouldn’t be bad…

Ahsoka and Ezra are interesting focuses for the Jedi theme going forward. Heck, no reason they couldn’t grab Cal Kestis’s character from the Star Wars Jedi games. The actor has serious acting chops.

14. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Personally my view is that Rogue One and Andor demonstrate that the era with the most inherently interesting and captivating material is the time when the Empire was in control. There are so many stories that can be told in that time frame. We got a glimpse of Imperial high society in Andor but I want a show that gives it full focus, political wheeling and dealing between great houses all vying for the Emperor's favour.

Basically, show me the Empire of the Son of Suns Trilogy (and to a lesser extent, Dynasty).

15. Arthellion

High Score:
    I def like that period, the only issue I think is how condensed the timeline is.

We really only have 19 years between Fall of the Republic and Battle of Yavin.

IMO if you want a full Political Star Wars thriller, the old Sith empire is the way to go.

Heck, while I wouldn’t keep the same stories, the framework of The Old Republic MMO actually provides a solid cast of disparate protagonists you could pull off in a prestige game of thrones sequels political war drama.

You’d get everything from the Sith\Jedi to the more bounty hunter/smuggler stories

16. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Literally 3 hours after you bring this up they announce that both Patty Jenkins' and Kevin Feige's films are both canceled.

Kek.

Taika Waititi's film (we know nothing about it) is thus the only thing in active development. I believe there is a Damon Lindelof script for a post-sequel era story as well that has been officially greenlit but they haven't done anything with it besides asign a director.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2023
  17. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

I'm still kinda baffled why they haven't gone for the incredibly easy money of a Revan movie. It lets them cash in on KOTOR nostalgia and feel out how the audience feels about more movies/shows/whatever in that era of the lore.

18. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

I would love to just set something during the beginning/pre-republic. Have the Jedi be one competing philosophy of Force users and just get weird with it. Maybe mess around with some of the Jedi Lords stuff.

19. Othalan

Othalan Headmaster DLP Supporter

I really hope they don't. Have you seen the drivel they've been shoveling out? You want them to give Revan the Book of Boba Fett treatment? I'd rather they just jump to an entirely new time period. Tell new stories where they're not crapping on established characters, settings, organizations, or ideas to put their own "spin" on it. At least then I could feel free to just not care if it sucks.

20. Shouldabeenadog

Shouldabeenadog Death Eater

Why haven't they done an origin of the Jedi sith fight? Or the first Jedi? Or the first Hutt war?