1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars Fanfiction

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Andro, Sep 19, 2007.

1. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

Vash has very little room to talk, seeing as how he posted one single chapter of what could have been an awesome Revan story and has never updated it.

:(

2. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Blame Syaoran and those niggers. >_>

Try to write something non-HP related and fools go nuts. Really turns you off to writing.

3. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

4. Meri

Meri First Year

A good site: http://fanfic.theforce.net/fanfic.asp?action=index&page=1

The best place to search for Star wars fics:

http://boards.theforce.net/fan_fiction/c10051

the fics are organize by time period, but there are a few nice indexes, this is the master index:

http://boards.theforce.net/fan_fiction_resource/b10304/27588770/p1/?4

My favorites in FF.net

The Things We Do For Love (PG)
    8.173 K -- Printer-Friendly Version By : LianaMara
    Archived on: Monday, May 28, 2007
    Last Updated : Monday, May 28, 2007

Summary: How far is R2-D2 willing to go for love? A quirky mechanical romance.

Sleepless Rewrite » reviews
    Unable to sleep ObiWan travels the Temple floors nightly.Without realizing it he has become famous to the upper Jedi. The Initiate That Never Sleeps. And finally it has caught the attention of the Council. And something must be done. PrePM.
    Jedi Apprentice - Fiction Rated: T - English - Adventure/General - Chapters: 3 - Words: 13,221 - Reviews: 120 - Updated: 5-9-07 - Published: 9-26-06​

TPM Tatooine Rewrite: Through Glass » reviews
    A rewrite of the latter half of TPM. QuiGon's grand podrace plan fails. ObiWan Kenobi steps into the gap to fulfill his Master's debt, but the young Jedi's mettle is about to be severely tested when he gets more than he or QuiGon bargained for....
    Star Wars - Fiction Rated: T - English - Drama/Angst - Chapters: 21 - Words: 63,126 - Reviews: 330 - Updated: 11-17-07 - Published: 1-23-02​

. Unexpected Awakening » by Rhiw reviews
    AU. The life of General Kenobi is cut short at the hands of his Padawan, but the sight that greets his eyes upon awakening is not that of blinding light of the Force, but the Jedi Temple he knew when he was still a youth.
    Star Wars - Fiction Rated: T - English - Drama/General - Chapters: 13 - Words: 43,930 - Reviews: 845 - Updated: 11-19-07 - Published: 10-4-04

. Imperial » reviews
    Darth Vader needs a new wingman, so he goes to the Imperial Academy in search of a competent pilot. At the same time, a certain Lieutenant Solo is about to be expelled . . . only to find that maybe he can survive being an Imperial after all.
    Star Wars - Fiction Rated: T - English - Drama - Chapters: 38 - Words: 55,951 - Reviews: 578 - Updated: 11-23-07 - Published: 3-8-07

5. Zyloch

Zyloch Fourth Year

I'm surprised no one mentioned this one yet (at least I didn't see it when skimming the first page). It's not in the usual flavor of Vadar or Revan, but it has amazing characterization of Luke and Mara:

Drive You Mild
    How do two powerful, individualistic people who were formerly enemies unite? Emperor Luke Skywalker, meet Jedi Knight Mara Jade. [Updated with Part 6 - COMPLETE.]

6. The Doctor

The Doctor Unspeakable

Ugh. That thing was just too damned long. I think I got up to Chapter 80 before giving up.

Mike Wong's Conquest wins my prize as best Star Wars fanfic.

7. darthdavid

darthdavid Second Year

I can see why you'd prefer conquest. I guess I'm just a little biased because of my early experience with the fic (and the fact that I like long stories anyway).

8. Palver

Palver High Inquisitor

Here is a link to a new Star Wars fanfic (trilogy, it seems already written, being posted) - the best I've ever read in that fandom. It is AU - Dark Luke - and it is all extremely well done. All characteres are written perfectly, but better Palpatine you wouldn't find - and with it comes the best manipulations and deviosness.

Into_the_Storm - Part I (COMPLETED - 145k words)
    In_Shadows_and_Darkness - Part II (IN PROGRESS - 201k words)

9. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Vash ruined Star Wars fanfiction for me forever. A glimpse of the glory that was achievable only for it to be cruelly snatched away.

10. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Bah. I like the story, it's really well written, but fucking hell it's slow paced. Next to nothing has happened in 24 chapters. The author keeps me reading with tantalizing hints that something will happen soon and Luke will finally come out of hiding, but then keeps rambling on and on and on about other shit, and then taking the story away from Luke to some random other characters that I don't give a shit about. If he doesn't come out of hiding before the last chapter, I swear I'm going to burst. Seriously, there have been hints since the second or third chapter that Luke was to reveal himself, but the author has stalled for a hundred thousand fucking words. -_-

11. HSRTG

HSRTG First Year

Hull no. 721 by Eleventh Century Remnant

This fic doesn't deal with the movie events, and tangentially with any EU I know of. Granted, I stopped reading the EU by the New Jedi Order series. It's the story of a misfit, though unshakably loyal, Star Destroyer and its captain. The first few pages (It's only in a forum format) are more comedy than plot, but it gets moving fairly quickly.

"We could sell the story to the hutts"

"Yeah, but they're notoriously unreliable and dishonest"

"So? We can welch with more gigatons than they can"

12. Othalan

Othalan Headmaster DLP Supporter

I rather like this one:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3881877/1/

Tales of the New Sith Order
    The Alliance to Restore the Republic failed. The Immortal Emperor Palpatine, sustained through clone bodies, reigns supreme. Now an enemy from beyond the Galaxy threatens to end all The Emperor has worked to build.
    Star Wars - Fiction Rated: T - English - Sci-Fi/Adventure - Chapters: 99 - Words: 107,448 - Reviews: 39 - Updated: 7-22-08 - Published: 11-9-07

It's essentially the beginning of a re-write of the entire NJO, where the Empire still rules the Galaxy, and the Rebellion is twisted into a better-armed version of the Peace Brigade. Decent so far, but the chapters are annoyingly short, and updates are rather sporadic, coming in occaisional bursts of two or three chapters.

BTW, I was lurking on the Jedi Council Boards last night, and a thought struck me: Why hasn't anyone created a Star Wars version of the DLP? While the fandom is nowhere near as large as HP, it's still one of the top few. FFN's Star Wars section is crammed with slash, making it hard to dig the real gems out of the crap, and TFN is run by pussies who refuse to allow anything even remotely hardcore (I got a stern warning last night for having "I ship Jacen/Jaina! Twincest for the win!" in my sig. Apparently, one more violation and I'm banned).

I think it would be a good idea to start something akin to PatronusCharm for SW, or at the very least, create a permanent SW section here, like we did with the Dresden Files. I'm sure there are enough Star Wars fans here to pull it off.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  13. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Er. We created the Dresden Board for the main purpose of trying to get more people into it, and so we can maybe jumpstart the fanfiction fandom, as there aren't that many fics worth noting in Dresden. Plus, there actually don't seem to be many SW fanfiction fans on these boards, looking at the number of replies this thread has gotten.

And I feel like DLP is a pretty rare board. I mean, the Naruto fandom is nearly as large as the HP fandom, with just as much slash, yet I don't think there's an equivalent of DLP in that fandom.

14. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

There's a few attempts at a DLP-like Naruto board, but members are far and few between.

I think it's actually run by DLPers, innit?

15. Othalan

Othalan Headmaster DLP Supporter

That's too bad. Oh well, guess I'll just go back to shovelling through the crap for my SW fix... :(

Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  16. Iztiak

I've pretty much given up finding really good stories in SW.

My favorite was that "Shadows Of the Future" one. I only wish someone would write a slightly darker story, with a similar plot idea. :cry:

17. Novera

Novera Seventh Year

If you find one let me know. I had looked for one like that about a year ago and the only other story I seen with a plot like "Shadows of the Future" is rarely updated and takes place in the Jedi Apprentice series.

18. Iztiak

Lol, I would be leaping for joy is someone wrote one.

I'd definitely post it for DLP's enjoyment if I could find one.

19. Palver

Palver High Inquisitor

Had anyone read the ones that I recommended? I still think it is one of the most brilliant fanfics in all fandoms...And trilogy is very much "DLP-ish". A true gem, I wish there was a lot more authors of that ability. I very much urge you all to read it!! :-/

P.S. Part II was completed at 253K words, Part III announced and would be posted after author's vacation:

The Dawn and the Darkness

Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  20. Torak

Torak Death Eater

Are there any more decent Dark Revan/Old Republic era fics?