1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars The Force Unleashed

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Skykes, Jun 14, 2008.

1. Jamven

Jamven Headmaster DLP Supporter

Wasn't really Obsidian's fault, was it? Lucas Art's rushed Kotor 2 out for the Christmas holiday's...

*edit*
    iirc

Last edited: Jun 25, 2008
  2. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Why? So you can wander around the same identical cavern a hundred times dping Fedex missions?

and KOTOR 2 made no damned sense unless you really sat down and read it on a website somewhere. It had a ton of random spots, huge amounts of cut out shit. Screw Team Gizka, they're 2 years too late on the release of the fix at least.
    According to various things though, in the Luke era, this isn't true. Luke can't do much of shit, Yoda's still pretty weak, Obiwon is nothing compared to what he was in the clone wars. Even in the books and games, later on Luke and Kyle aren't anywhere NEAR as strong as the game trailers lead you to believe. Hell even Darth in the movies, and the Emperor can't do much other then force lighting or choke.

3. Immolo

Immolo High Inquisitor

Darth did manage to Force choke a guy on an entirely different Star Destroyer in Episode 5.

4. slasheh

slasheh Seventh Year

Well in the interviews they try to explain that the "unleashed" force powers come from the fact that he has been trained only in destruction for his entire life.
    The Jedi never really focus on combat (at least in the Old republic) and rely on their lightsabers. Darth Vader sees the potential and wants to see how far he can bring it in his apprentice. So he focuses on combat and only on combat.

If you consider the fact that all other siths are always somewhat afraid of their apprentices, it seems logical that they do not train them to become the best from an early age (that would only invite their own doom).
    Besides, after the last 3 films i stopped caring about Star wars canon. I'll play the games if they are fun and have a half decent story (like Kotor) but i doubt i'll ever read another star wars book so i don't need to play canon police in that universe ;)

5. Othalan

Othalan Headmaster DLP Supporter

ROFL! I am so glad I only rented Elder Scrolls IV. Same boring shit over and over and over and over and over and over and o...

Yeah, that completely fucking killed the storyline. I still play it, just 'cause the in-game features are marginally better (IMO) than KotOR's, but I have to force myself to ignore the gaping plot holes.

Well, that's just the Force beginning to stabilize. The Emperor wiped out most Force sensetives during the Purge, but since they operate like muggleborn wizards, (meaning they can crop up anywhere, at any time, in any family) once the Purge loses steam, Force Sensetives are being born left and right. That, in my opinion, would replace all those missing drain pipes, bringing the average Force-user's power back down to pre-Purge levels.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2008
  6. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

So much Oblivion hate... It makes me sad. Granted closing the damn gates got boring after a while, but some of the quests were well thought out and full of win. Dark Brotherhood missions anyone?

Anyway back to the game, I don't have a Star Wars game for my 360 so I'll probably buy it just on good hype, nah I'd rather just borrow from a friend and keep it for a couple of months.

So what will the plot end up being? Going around killing random Rebels or is it post Emperor death?

7. Othalan

Othalan Headmaster DLP Supporter

It's set before A New Hope. Technically, your mission is to hunt down surviving Jedi, but, from what I can tell, the "Secret Apprentice" is so secret that he can leave no witnesses, rebel or imperial. So really, you get to kill everyone.

8. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

Dark brotherhood was kewl, but after that? Sucked hot, sweaty, tiger balls.

9. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Just a bit of miscellany, Starkiller was to be Luke's surname in the original draft of Star Wars. I think.

10. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Darth Vader from the get-go has been interested in overthrowing the Emperor. The apprentice was trained solely to help him achieve that purpose, eliminating key Imperial personnel to bring about a series of events. Which is why most of the gameplay footage seen has been on Imperial bases and ships, with most of the enemies being stormtroopers. I'm also quite sure that Vader is interested in killing any remaining Jedi that are lurking around, which is why there are 3 or 4 in the character list.

11. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

I'm necroing this thread because there is a demo up on Xbox Live Marketplace and I'd imagine it's up on PSN.

It starts with a cutscene where you are knighted by Vader and then he gives you a mission where you have to kill a jedi.

So off you go to the mission. The controls are weird and were hard to get used to at the start but eventually I got the hang of it.

The Force powers are cool but I only needed push, the saber and grip. Might be different for other people but meh.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  12. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Yeah, it just came on the PSN with the update around 3 PST. Freaking Live got it in the morning because that's when the XBL updates. D:

Big file though, 1.3 gigs. Still downloading it, I'll post later with my impressions.

13. Dark Belra

1.3 gigs?

It was only 900 MB for me.

14. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

That's because you have the Xbox and the graphics aren't as good. :p

15. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

All graphics look the same on a 10x12 screen... :|

16. Dark Belra

lol

The game's graphics aren't as good as the other games out there. But at least they have more then 3 colors used...

17. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Just finished downloading and installing the demo. The game was epic, as were the force powers. The one problem I had with the game was the camera. At points I was couldn't see who was attacking me because the camera angle was way off. You get used to it though. :\

18. Dark Belra

The camera was fine for me.

The demo was good and that part that really annoyed me was fighting the AT-AT, or is it an AT-ST? Anyway, I can't stand games where you have to press the button at the right time to continue on.

Would have been awesome if that wasn't in it...

19. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Urgh I have to go and buy membership again aint nowhere open a 2:08 :/

Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
  20. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Meh. I guess that the camera was just me then. The game is pretty fucking epic overall, can't wait for the full version to come out. I'm curious as to how it'll play on the Wii, I think I might get the game for both of the consoles. Difficult choice between innovative controls and amazing graphics. And it wouldn't be that much of a waste, the Wii does have a few features that the 360/PS3 versions don't, such as a multiplayer vs. mode and five additional levels.