1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars The Force Unleashed

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Skykes, Jun 14, 2008.

1. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I liked the demo, though it seemed a bit...Wimpy? Dunno just seemed kind of lack luster with force powers. The targeting was annoying, I force-lightninged some barrel like 15 times before i finally got the thing to point at the AT-ST(at?). Other then that a lot of fun, needs more force drain and choke though. I had to make due with force-grabbing enemies off the side. Throwing them with the force was a bit willy nilly as well.

2. The Mysterious Nobody

The Mysterious Nobody Auror

I finished downloading the demo for the 360 yesterday. It plays pretty awesome, but the camera and the control are a bit off IMO. Half of the time you can't get a clue of who's shooting at you, and everything seemed a bit stiff, specially when you're using force-grip. It also annoyed me how hard it was to aim the force-lightning. I laughed my ass off grabbing stormtroopers and seeing how would they react. That was fucking awesome.

Anyway, I enjoyed it greatly and it's better than I expected, so I'll probably get my hands on it in september.

Oh, and the people at Lucasarts need to harden the fuck up. Lightsabers should cut stormtroopers and other enemies in half, not act like "lightsticks".

3. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

After playing the demo more then I should, I found some cool things about the game.

Combos with the Lightsaber are fun. Slash, Lightning, Lightning is fun.

The environment is awesome. In the hanger, you can take the Tie Fighters and slam them down on enemies!

The doors, if pushed enough, can really get fucked! I've even managed to blow one off it's hinges!

The part where Tie Fighters attack you have these support beams on the side. You can use grip to bend them in the way of the Fighters and they'll fly right into them.

Most corridors have lights which can be blown up. There are also these blue things on the side of walls which can be gripped and blown apart. Gives you a free item to chuck at people.

Damn does that demo have replay value!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2008
  4. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Yeah, the demo has a lot of replay value. XD

I had a lot of fun figuring out different combos and force gripping various objects. It helps that there are various difficulty levels as well.

Mysterious Nobody: Ehh... it would be too easy if the lightsaber actually worked as a lightsaber. Though it would still be awesome. It would be pretty cool if they just swarmed us with Stormtroopers and Rebel's with the lightsaber being a one hit kill.

5. The Mysterious Nobody

The Mysterious Nobody Auror

That, sir, would be awesome. In fact, i think that it's one of the things the game is missing, more so if they wanted us to feel uber-powerful like they said.

Makes me wish for the game to have a cheat like the one in Jedi Outcast. Now that was awesome. "Realisticsabercombat" FTW.

6. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

They'll probably allow you to augment your various force powers/lightsaber skills. So the lightsaber will probably be a one-hit kill for stormtroopers later on.

In no SW game that I have ever played have they given you powerful force abilities at the beginning of the game. And certainly not at the beginning.

I predict that they'll get a lot more powerful.

7. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

That's what I'm thinking because one of the tips in the load screens says that you can change the crystal of your lightsaber making it have special qualities and increase it's power. All that along with a change of color.

Also, using grip on people and keeping them there makes them try and shoot you. When they shoot you, they spin! They also scream for help which I find hilarious!

8. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Oh. Yeah, the powers The Apprentice has gets enhanced. One of them was already previewed in the demo, the better Force Push. Holding down O makes it stronger than normal. You got it after you kill your first Stormtroopers I think.

9. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

10. Mara

Mara First Year

Pah. I could be happy to play a smuggler or merchant. Gives more chance to roleplay, it gets a bit boring, everyone being Jedi, after awhile.

11. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Makers of KOTOR are making a Star Wars MMO, yes?

I imagine that they could possibly be taking their concept of "Different types of Jedi" to solve that problem. Except with more than just 3 types of Jedi, and perhaps with a few alternate classes like smuggler, etc.

It's not KOTOR3, but I'm still looking forwards to it.

12. Mara

Mara First Year

As long as it isn't anything like what SWG is, now that Sony have fucked it up, and then abandoned it like a pregnant girlfriend.

13. Immolo

Immolo High Inquisitor

This game sucked. (there is really nothing else to say)

14. Midknight

Ah you're fucking kidding me. First Spore now this one too?!?@

Gamefly: We've Shipped: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

My kids are going to be crushed =/

15. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

How 'bout telling us why it sucked, Immolo? Otherwise, shut your fat ass up.

I'm on the fence about it. On one hand, it's pretty fun throwing shit around and carving up enemies. But then the camera issue keeps annoying the fuck out of me. And the boss battles are kinda wacky, though I've only played one so far...

And Midknight: What? o_O

16. Immolo

Immolo High Inquisitor

It only gets worse from there. The last level of the game the bonus is set to default and there are at least a dozen bugs stopping the game from working. I had to do that level like a dozen times.

As already stated the camera is incredibly difficult to use. It is so difficult that you can barely grasp anything with accuracy.

The graphics aren't that good and the level designs are copy pasted from one section of Jedi Academy.

The boss battles are just regular enemies with more health and random inexplicable immunities to your attacks. None of the enemies' AI are very impressive. The fighting system isn't exactly innovative and gets incredibly boring to use after a while.

The scene where you rip Star Destroyer from the sky was boring as fuck.

17. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

Actually, I thought it was really fun. The camera can be a little annoying, but otherwise, I haven't had any real difficulty.

And I like the story.

18. Midknight

In other words, thank you Gamefly that I didn't spent 60 bucks on this then, meh. I should be getting it in a few days, I'll review it then.

19. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

It is actually pretty fun. Annoying as fuck sometimes, in the level right before you face the Jedi on the waste planet, I kept falling off the edge. Must've done it 6 times before I finally beat the fucking thing. The fact that it had to go through all the cutscenes pissed me off. They should ALWAYS give you an option to skip any cutscene in any game. -_-

Midknight: I think it's worth it. I have it for both the PSP and the PS3, the PSP is much easier to deal with but the graphics are horrible. They also have an extra mode where you get to play as different people, that was kinda cool. The PS3 and Xbox got gypped in that aspect. Every other platform has something extra, the PS3/Xbox just got the amazing graphics (which I guess counts for something). Good thing I have a hacked PSP... ;)

20. No Earthly Clue

No Earthly Clue Third Year DLP Supporter

The game was, at least worth renting. The camera issues and the AI were a huge let down. Along with the ripping of the Star destroyer.

I had some problems with falling off as well. But I was able to skip the cutscene.

The game was decent and the story was good, but in the end it did not live up to its huge hype.