1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars The Force Unleashed

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Skykes, Jun 14, 2008.

1. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

For the other confused non-US readers: Gamefly is like Netflix, but for console games. Customers pay a monthly subscription fee and games are mailed out to them. They have to send the old games back to get new ones delivered.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2008
  2. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

The Demo of Force Unleashed is more valuable and a better game than Spore. I'm getting it tomorrow and I'm going to play it and enjoy it. It will be good.

There isn't any online play is there? The amount you have to pay for ps3 games really demands that online features are included.

3. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

No. There isn't. The PSP version has an Ad-Hoc mode, but that's it. The Wii might have an online mode, but I severely doubt that.

4. yak

Dunno if that's online or not. It sounds fun though.

5. Gizmore

Gizmore Minister of Swedish Affairs DLP Supporter

shit, I forgot about this game, I'm buying it for wii today.

6. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Tell us how it goes, Giz. Interested in knowing ifthe lightsaber and force powers work well with the nunchuck and wiimote.

7. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I gotta diagree on it being shit.

I thought it was a good game, but the targetting was absolute shit when you tried to use certain powers. And some sections, like when you crash into the death star's hanger are mind numbingly hard, which doesn't mesh with the rest of the game, which is incredibly easy. I beat it in under 6 hours.

I had to swap the controls to easy for that part and still got my ass handed to me. Id take out the walkers first, and wear my thumbs out dodging the snipers, because you can't get a fucking throw to take them out with all the things in the room, then get killed by the massive Purge trooper clusterfuck.

That being said, I did run into the black screen bug. I had to disconnect my hard drive, load the game, turn it off, reconnect the drive, and wipe it's cache, which broke achievements for the game totally, but let me finish it.

Too easy, decent graphics, story was alright but needed work, 7/10

8. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Mhm. I finished it a couple of days ago. I loved the game, actually. I just wish there was a mission select mode, instead of it taking you all the way back to the beginning. Would have liked to have seen the Sith ending on my TV rather than search youtube for it.

9. Midknight

Yeah I actually came online today to see the Sith ending. I wanted to go back and see all the costumes and extra's I'd unlocked, but after having to sit through that fucking long ass cutscene to go into the Tie Hanger again, I said screw it.

10. Jamven

Jamven Headmaster DLP Supporter

So, any chance for a PC release?

11. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Probably at some point. They've even released it for the ps2, I don't think they'd forget the PC.

(And hey, the targeting might be better on it too.)

12. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I have to agree with Mid. Some parts were just way to hard comparatively. I beat it twice on Sith Lord, but there's no way I'm going through on Master level. I'd never get past the Bull Rancor.

13. Gabrinth

Gabrinth Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Two Things:

When you are in the Death Star hanger, you can drop through the floor and get away from all the bastards. That's how I, accidentally, survived.

Secondly, 'Sith Lord' difficulty was much, much more difficult than the 'Sith Warrior' (Sp ?) difficulty.

I found that the game seemed like 'Jak and Daxter' in Sith Warrior difficulty. You jump around, one-hit KOing the little baddies, before getting to the big boss- where you had to jump over ground pounds and dodge thrown projectiles...

Sith Lord took much more skill, the blaster fire of a couple guys can kill you, and bosses are epically difficult. (Hell, I almost died as Vader in the beginning...) And, I haven't gotten anywhere close to beating Sith Lord. The few areas that gave me real trouble in Sith Warrior are insanely difficult in Sith Lord.

14. Midknight

You have to pull up the floor boards first though, I never could stop getting hit long enough to get the plank up to leave. The snipers seems to have infinite range, and shit through stuff.

And Vader didn't seem anywhere near as powerful as they made him out to be in the reviews for the game, I wound up feeling stronger as the apprentice in short time.

Not to mention the Apprentice beating the piss out of the Emperor was unreal.

15. yak

wat.

Please tell me you're kidding. It's a joke level, right? An unlockable bonus fight that they threw in for shits and giggles.

16. Midknight

No.

He only doesn't kill him, to not give into the anger

Weak, weak ass ending. It is cool to see how they tied the apprentice in, but some parts made me cringe

17. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I don't know about the rest of you, but fighting the Emperor was the biggest bitch I've ever face in my life. The camera angle was so horrible at points that my character was about two centimeters tall against a guy who's so fast you have to watch every move carefully and try not to get fucked up by purple lightning. It was bullshit, and the game froze half way through the fucking fight.

Besides this, it was annoying how non-realistic the force grip was. I could aim the two analog sticks exactly where I wanted them to go and it would still fly twenty feet to the right or left. If it was going to give me the opportunity to move around the objects at will, it sure as hell should let me throw it where I wanted to. It didn't.

18. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

There is a lift in the left hand corner when you start the level, it lets you get rid of the snipers. The rest is pretty easy. Just dodge a lot and blitz the walkers with lightning

19. Midknight

Didn't see a lift, ah well.

I did max out lighting and it makes the walkers easy, but the purge trooper clusterfuck where they roll in groups screwed me. Thats something else that was weak. Lightning and grip are the only things I bothered spending points in other then the Lightning/Lightsaber quick attack combo and the recover force power faster trait. Nothing else was needed really. Push wound up not being worth a damn damage wise, especially when you could just grip, aim high, hit the button again, and get a kill from throwing the enemy off the walkways. I used repulse maybe twice, it was a giant force power clusterfuck.

The Emperor fight was easy, just run in circles when he's throwing crap at you, and either hit him back with lightning, or block when he's throwing it to get closer. Just stay right up on him beating the hell out of him with Sith Flurry and the occasional push.

Ending cutscenes Jedi ending

Just finally watched the Dark Side ending... weak. Also, why the hell is it the lightsabers chop off limbs at times, then others Vader can take a saber to the face without his helmet in cutscenes, and it just bounces. Eh.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  20. Murton

Murton DJ OEM DLP Supporter

The books explain that Middy. Training ones etc plus different 'power levels' etc. Usual crap.