1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Innomine, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Not me. All I fucking wanted was lightning on my SW and reverse-gripped lightsabers GOD DAMNIT!

2. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

A new lightsaber form for reversed sabers would make my day.. I'd double reverse shoto all the time.

3. Jon

What really? Fuck. I almost bought my 42 coms. Thanks for warning me.

4. Gengar

High Score:
    I would pay cash money for a reverse saber stance and matching set of animations for my Juggernaut.

Same for my operative, but holding a pistol and my shiv in a cross grip...

5. Jon

The one thing I hate about Sniper is that I can't snipe people with a pistol. ;_;

6. Gengar

High Score:
    My two characters right now

Meet Agent Vybra
    [​IMG]

And Darth No'vack
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cassis Fett's helm goes really well with Thexan's armour imo (I'd rather black purple than black red there, but it's too expensive).

Nihilus' helm looks cool too but... Eh

7. Jon

Okay. This is fucking stupid.

I've been doing heroics right, on my Lvl 51 SW to get gear, except. I'm not level 51 anymore. I'm level 57 now. JUST FROM DOING HEROIC WEEKLIES. I was gonna stop when I got my full set of Fractured gear, except now Im getting Yavin gear.

Shit is whack yo.

8. 9th Doctor

9th Doctor Groundskeeper

Due to the levels of hype that I've been getting from Jon's posting, I've resubbed. Time to level everyone to the top and get my Star Wars fix again. What's the deal with the armour crates?

9. Jon

tl;dr

There is a 'Weekly Heroic' Terminal in Fleet.
    You can pick up any heroic mission from it from planets your level is at/above.
    You can TP directly to the heroic via the quest list.
    Your level is adjusted to the planet level if you're above it.
    Upon completion you get Credit + EXP + A Crate containing 2 pieces of gear of your level.

You can fill your quest log with heroics and chain tp after completing them.

It's fucking insane. I'm doing this for every character before they realize how stupidly OP it is and patch it.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  10. KaelMyec

KaelMyec Second Year

I don't think there going to fix this, but I could be wrong.

Come 65 when your through KotFE, the weekly heroics give you instead of armor crates material crates which you turn in to build influence with certain characters to strengthen your forces ala Dragon Age Inquisition or Mass Effect 3.

11. Gengar

High Score:
    What specifically do those crates do? And where's the person I gotta turn them into? I'm 61 and I'm getting them on my operative.

What does it get me? Reputation? Is there a vendor that sells cool shit for that rep?

12. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

Pretty sure its connected to the whole alliance thing which means you have progress with the main story to unlock it.

13. KaelMyec

KaelMyec Second Year

You have to finish chapter IX of the expansion in order to get access to the various contacts the crates go to. There are 4 NPC's one for each crate type. The crates get you influence with the NPC's which actually open up things in the new flashpoint if its high enough and each crate you turn in will net you some credits (4 figure range) some legacy modable gear (random drop from all classes, previous raid tear gear in looks Yavin, Dreadguard etc) companion gifts, and other random drops like decor items or speeders etc. The Influence with the 4 NPC's seems like it will have a larger impact as the chapters go on in the expansion but as to how much its to early to say.

They are basically cartel packs without having to shell out money for them, just with a smaller loot table.

14. Gengar

High Score:
    I fucking hate clipping with a passion, lol. That Revan Reborn helmet clips through every hood except the set's own chest. I think I already knew that, but I was reminded last night.

I'm surprised how much I dislike my Sorcerer btw. I feel like I'm way more squishy, my damage isn't as high to compensate and the nature of my CL pulls all the adds off my tanking companion.

Warrior and Op still where it's at. I have to relearn my PT, but uppercutting and assassin's creed blades are pretty fucking awesome - that and being so badass I only need a single pistol.

My next big buys are gonna be a jetpack mount for my Op and that badass floating platform with floating cubes one for my War :D

15. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Decided to try the game out today. Installed the launcher, set up the download to do its thing...

"A required .DLL file, EKC3220.DLL, was not found."

Lovely.

Now I'm just in a cycle of updating the Launcher and getting hit with the error message.

16. Gengar

High Score:
    I had to re reinstall from scratch.

Btw, I started the new stuff on my op then stopped and decided to go through it as a warrior. Dunno about you guys, but the beginning of that new story just didn't fit an operative imo.

Really wish they went back to class specific/ thematically appropriate quest lines, even if it was at the cost of content.

17. Jon

I dunno what you're talking about Hugplx.

I felt it fit great.

The Operative has no force powers at all. One line that made me feel right at home was him discussing how Op had no power at all, and yet had managed to defy and challenge those 'greater' than him.

18. Gengar

High Score:
    If I'm playing an operative, I want to do spy shit, not cozy up with the big boys.

I know in an rpg sense, mechanically, we're all equal, but I don't like it when it plays out that way in the story.

The battle against the Eternal Empire (was that their name?) should be multifaceted. The Warrior should be the wrecking ball taking it to them and fucking shit up, the Inquisitor focusing on finding a way to deal with emp.

As an Operative? I want to do spy shit.

Early spoilers.

I don't want to be in the middle of things shooting big bads in the back. That was ridiculous.

I want to be there cleaning up after Marr and the Warrior. They fucked up and now the Empire is coming. You try to stop their campaign by doing spy shit, but they're just too powerful.

You ultimately lose, but you have one final plan, find the Emporer's Wrath, assassinate higher ups and cause chaos, counter intelligence etc.

I speak from a place of not liking post vanilla story content in general. I loved the original operative content because it was thematically different and appropriate.

It felt like I was playing a different game.

Who knows? Maybe I do the story as a Warrior and find it fits. I stopped on my operative after Lana rescued me.

19. Jon

Hey Hugplx

We need to talk.

Come on IRC or add me on skype (skype name is under my avatar)

20. KaelMyec

KaelMyec Second Year

I am glad that I am not the only one that feels that way. The new content fits great in the the story of the JK almost like it was written for that class. But one thing I was worried about was how other classes would mesh with that story. I mean some of the classes might work but some of the others like Bounty Hunter and Smuggler? Yeah I don't really see it.