1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Innomine, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So I found a copy of ToR in a car boot sale. Worth sinking time into even when it's this old?

2. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Oh definitely. The storylines are amazing.

3. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Is The Outlander supposed to be the players, or an NPC? I am a bit confused.

4. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Yeah, that's just the title they give the player's character and use it instead of Darth Nox/Lord Wrath and so on.

5. Tikigod784

Tikigod784 Second Year

This game was kind of a letdown for me until I played it at PSX with almost a hundred other people in nearby booths. Seems to weirdly work as a party game, at least for me.

Still would kinda prefer a single-player star wars game though.

At the very least, I hope they keep supporting this game with DLC past the movie's release date... It needs way more content imo. Even if we do get saddled with a GOTY edition.

6. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

Pretty sure you mean Star Wars: Battlefront (the ego-shooter) and not Star Wars. The OLd Republic (The MMO) :)

7. Tikigod784

Tikigod784 Second Year

Correct sir. I should know better than to respond to a topic without having slept.

8. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I'v started playing this again after the post TFA hype. It's actually still very active and a lot of fun.

I'm playing on europe, The Red Eclipse.

9. General_Max

General_Max Squib

I logged on to the game for the first time in a couple months to PVP with some guildies and it now turns out that there really is one server for that now (harb). Plus with the stagnation of the raiding environment with us downing nightmare cntent even without power crystals, this game has become a single player rpg in an mmo setting. Heres hoping for new stuff by 2017!

10. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Having never played TOR, are there pvp servers and non-pvp servers or is it all one server?

11. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

There's no "become". Its been a single player game with multi-player options since the start.

12. General_Max

General_Max Squib

Leveling at first there were enough multi-person quests to make leveling with a friend viable as well as the "social points" needed to be collected. As well, when you did hit the original 50 all the things were new so its didn't make endgame feel so empty.

I guess there was the belief that more was on the horizon plus the occasional release of new content and not cartel packs justified me playing through the wing/rancor/revan runs until the decision to recycle all the content.

Edit: And there are about 6-8ish servers, about a 50/50 split of pvp and pve but there isn't any non-battlegrond pvp anymore outside of ganking.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  13. MsCalypso

MsCalypso First Year

I actually played SWTOR quite intensely a few years back when I was bored out of my mind. I'm tempted to start playing again but it wasn't like it was that good.

14. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I've been splitting time between this SWTOR and Wildstar lately, and am having a great time with both. It was insane the last few weeks when the double XP thing was on - I was hitting the 30s before leaving Coruscant/DK. They made a lot of good changes since I played last.

Of course, I haven't got to raiding level yet, and doubt I'll care to do it once I'm maxed, but it's great for what it is at lower-end.

15. Skykes

I played the beta and I played it at launch for a few months. It's a LOT better now. Chats are still quite active, busy areas on my server have about 100-200. Less common areas are 30-60.

If any of you used to play and want to return you can use this link for 7 days of subscription time.

I'd recommend you add a security key to your account also, it gives you currency every month.

I'm playing on Red Eclipse (Europe).

16. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

Its worth it just to play single player 1-50 (or rather, vanilla swtor seeing as you level so fast these days and will probably be 55-65 by the time you finish chapter 3) to see the class stories. Get one dude up through all the expac content, but that stuff as far as im aware is not class specific.

17. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

PvP and non-PvP.

Really doesn't make much of a difference to be honest, the open world PvP isn't particularly good.

Most PvP is done through matchmaking.

--

Finished the first part of KotFE in around a day, haven't touched touched the game since.

18. MsCalypso

MsCalypso First Year

Thanks for the info, I suppose my old account needs some dusting off now. I better look into it!

Well damn, now I'm all excited again.

19. Inquisition

Inquisition Canadian Ambassador to Japan DLP Supporter

Meh. I logged in out of a need for Star Wars after seeing the movie. Kind of samey to me. Still a shit load of grinding to do. Pay to win!

20. Skykes

I'm not sure what you mean, I don't find it grindy at all, if anything I'm levelling too fast .

Also, pay to win??