1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

StarCraft II

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Chaoticblues, Feb 19, 2010.

1. GrandHighPoobah

GrandHighPoobah Third Year

You can get the singleplayer exe here. I do have to say that zerg look pretty overpowered. The roach is just ridiculous, and hydralisks are way better than they were in SC1. And let's not even talk about the baneling.

2. Solomon

Solomon Heir

The thing about that is the Zerg have no lategame presence. They do fantastic in the early game and even in the midgame, but when it gets past that, they basically fall apart, whereas the Terran and especially Protoss tend to rip them apart.

The problem with that is the Protoss don't have much for early game presence, and the Terran are just...weak.

That being said, there's a broken map you can use with the hack to KINDA play the game. The AI is just a million units as opposed to proper AI, but you can find that map here.

EDIT: Apparently they hacked some maps with actual AI in them. Here is the Lost Temple map with AI. Unfortunately, the races are still random, so you'll have to do a lot of fuckery to get the race you want.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  3. ForsakenOne

ForsakenOne Groundskeeper

Yea but the AI is at EXTREMELY easy mode, literally 20 mins in to the game and they will have 5 Zealots and every building possible, possible Hard mode coming soon though.

4. Chaoticblues

Chaoticblues Professor

Pretty cool though, to be able to see the units and stuff.

5. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

I don't get why Blizzard doesn't just release a free dl with offline single player mode. They should have realized their beta client would get hacked anyway.

6. Darje

Darje Groundskeeper

Anybody know where I put the Lost Temple map once I've downloaded it?
    Can't wait to try the game, even if the AI is severely dumbed down.

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  7. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

Because just like many other greedy companies out there, they're more concerned with hackers and anti-piracy horseshit than the actual people they're releasing their game to. Even after the game is finally finished and officially released, they'll most likely still have the same stupid login system as it does now, to try and discourage piracy. Which is pretty much just asking to be hacked into. Companies are so concerned about hacking and piracy that they spend more money on useless garbage than the actual game and it's buyers. And it's mostly America that does this (as well as other countries that are alike in this).

8. Solomon

Solomon Heir

I just wish they would patch the game without making it impossible to watch replays. =\

9. h2o

h2o Professor

Yeah, not getting a key despite regging my WoW +2 expansions, Diablo II+ expansion and SC1 to my battle.net account kinda sucked... they should reward me for being such a loyal customer :p

Since the first battle report from SC2 was released I got hooked on SC again, I've played some single player and a few matches online... but nothing beats watching pro gamers duke it out. They're friggin' insanely good at it and its seriously entertaining to watch! NukeTheStars does the best english commentary, you can find his stuff here http://www.youtube.com/user/NukeTheStars :)

10. Solomon

Solomon Heir

I don't even wait for them to come out with commentary anymore. I just watch it in Korean. =\

11. Lhefriel_Medies

Lhefriel_Medies Fifth Year

Not to mention that most of the commentary that you find on Youtube is rather garbage.

12. Solomon

Solomon Heir

There are a few decent ones, but yeah, that's true. The only commentators I can really say that I like are Tasteless and SuperDanielMan from the GomTV thing that fell through a while back.

13. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

So I've been playing against the CPUs. Even on insane, they barely make an army of 6 units to match my 20 carriers. Anyone know of any better AI files?

14. Solomon

Solomon Heir

15. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Just got my beta invite. Feel the e-rage as I realize I sucked at star craft 1, and likely will suck at star craft 2 as well.

16. GrandHighPoobah

GrandHighPoobah Third Year

I just got my invite too. Just a quick note for people frantically checking their inboxes (as I was). Blizzard is no longer sending out emails to let people know they're in the beta to cut down on people selling their keys. You have to check your battle.net account page to find out if you're in.

17. Solomon

Solomon Heir

I saw. I am still not getting a key. :(

18. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

So as I didn't get a key, time to try that hack.

19. ForsakenOne

ForsakenOne Groundskeeper

Who do I have to kill to get a key? On another note paying 300 bux for a key is wimpy retarded and yet look at how many bids there on eBay.

20. Klimpen

Klimpen First Year

Got a key, shit's pretty cash.

Matchmaking system is A+, have had a few matches which came down to a slightest of margins. Am enjoying the game immensely so far, have played ~75 games since Saturday night.