1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

StarCraft II

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Chaoticblues, Feb 19, 2010.

1. GrandHighPoobah

GrandHighPoobah Third Year

I'd be up for some games if we happen to be on concurrently. I go by "poobah.grandhigh".

2. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Oh, sure, now BNet2.0 decides to start working again (when I have no time for games). :mad:

Also: I'm even worse, Terrai; stuck in Copper. :awesome

3. Terrai

Terrai Second Year

Well all my team ranked ratings are copper >>, my allies never help me and I get rushed by 2 people at the start everytime. They basically see my name and go oh look, his name is Paradosi I just have this feeling to rush him with a shitload of units >>

4. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I am so jealous of all you guys, I'm dieing to play sc2 haha. Does it live up to all the hype so far? And is the matchmaking system improved on WC3, or worse?

5. Solomon

Solomon Heir

I have no idea how it compares to WC3, and it's in beta stages (with like 10k people online at once maximum), but the matchmaking seems alright. The game is fucking fun as hell.

Also, this is fucking hilarious.

6. Terrai

Terrai Second Year

That does look like the human way, either we bombard it to hell, or defend til surrender. Humanity

7. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Game was fun while it lasted. I can no longer play StarCraft 2. The game crashes immediately upon log-in.

8. GrandHighPoobah

GrandHighPoobah Third Year

That was pretty weird. I've heard of other people having similar issues, and I think it just has to do with the bugs that Blizzard constantly purports to be fixing. Shit was fun though.

9. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Yeah it was. That only makes this worse. :(

EDIT: Disregard this and the previous post. At someone's suggestion, I deleted my cache, and I can now play the game again.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  10. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

That is exactly the way I should play Terran...Simple, yet highly effective. And you don't have to waste resources on upgrades!

11. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

Unlimited food too basically - 200 SCVs and as many command centers as you can fit on the map.

I want to see it work on a "pro" player though.

12. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Well, IdrA is technically a pro, and he plays the game...someone should try it against him, and I hope that person wins because fuck IdrA.

13. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Haha, there was a game between idra and pride (a pro american from wc3 that is bad mannered as hell) which was just hilarious. On another note I got the game (practicemage.jmu) and have started to suck terribly at it. Won my first game through sheer dumb luck since I didn't realize there were two building pages with Protoss so couldn't upgrade my damned nexus. I don't know how the other person lost honestly.

14. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

I've been playing some StarCrack'd games lately, and have noticed that I suck. Honestly, if I get a beta key, I'll most likely give it to someone else. If I can hardly beat the 6.1.whatever AI, how the hell am I going to beat another player?

I don't remember sucking this bad in SC1, but it has been a long time...

15. Chaoticblues

Chaoticblues Professor

I think it was like this for a lot of people because the timings and macro are pretty different.

16. Solomon

Solomon Heir

For the record, the AI in 6.1 is actually pretty damn decent. Certainly not as good as some other players, but you should actually stand a chance as long as you're not completely terrible.

17. Roma

Roma Fourth Year

The command centers can shoot?

Does anybody know if Blizzards decreasing the price, because it is really going to suck if we have to spend 40 bucks on 3 separate games.

18. Solomon

Solomon Heir

The Planetary Fortress upgrade can, yeah. Also, no idea on price, but understand that those are not separate games so much as they are expansions. Look at them like you would Brood War.

That being said, it would suck horribly if they were all full price (which I don't believe they will be. I do recall Blizzard saying at some point that they would be priced based on the amount of content- if it's a full game, it's a full game's price, if it's not, it's lower, etc., etc.).

19. Chaoticblues

Chaoticblues Professor

The 6.1 AI is good enough that if you practice with it, you'll probably beat all the copper league players. Anything beyond that though I'm not so sure. The AI mostly forces you to learn how to either super rush/harass or D up because more often than not it spams first tier units quickly without teching and goes right for your front door.

After a couple games though, you don't really learn anything anymore and it becomes pretty boring I find.

20. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I wouldn't mind if it's full price, considering we're getting full three games with different story lines in each (from what I've heard).

I love the Starcraft story, and that's what I'm most interested in.

---------- Post automerged at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Played my first match... crashed hard, because I barely knew what the units were.

Oh well, hopefully I can adapt to this new stuff.