1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Stardew Valley Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

>denying info to town

face desk desk desk

---------- Post automerged at 01:04 ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 ----------

DM = Delphine Mason

---------- Post automerged at 01:06 ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 ----------

Delphine knows I'm town.

---------- Post automerged at 01:08 ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 ----------

This was actually a QT slip. I mentioned in Masonchat that I wanted to reread font.

2. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Boo, if no one CCs you you're just town now. Don't be trippin.

I love you now, that mean I don't have to die?
    Are you voting fonti yet?

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I'm very conflicted.

---------- Post automerged at 01:11 ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 ----------

Also dLGN asked nicely and I like to reward good behavior.

4. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I won't even make you give the reasons you never managed to produce if you just townread me now.

5. Miner

Miner Order Member

Extremely confused + Haven't slept in 50+ hours.

Will be back when I'm not delirious.

Must note though that this is the weirdest most confusing game I've ever played in.

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I thought I was supposed to leave you as null.

7. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    We've got two VTs and a mason flipped.
    And a claimed vig.
    Even though she's lying there is nothing confusing about any of that.

Come back when you've slept and explain how that wasn't a slip of having seen the mafia roles

---------- Post automerged at 22:19 ---------- Previous post was at 22:18 ----------

Yes that's the smart read.

I'm telling you to make the right read instead.

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Man, it's hard to say no to you.

I'm gonna sleep now.

9. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Dream of a hp alternate universe where hedwig and dobby survived heroically
    And there was lots of friendly snakes.

10. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Is this just a lack of reading the thread or did Math really just not get that Font claimed the Waco shot

Not sure if it's AI that not enough attention was paid to the day so far from Math.

11. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    Thank you. If it helps I too was saying things I didn't really mean when I told you to vig yourself yesterday xD

But really... let's lynch mafia today and feel better about ourselves.

Did you and Delphine talk about how the EOD went down last night? She leave you with more of a legacy than she did in thread?

---------- Post automerged at 02:17 ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 ----------

I've read the question over like 3 times and I don't really get it..? I don't think I ever claimed I hadn't talked about fonti, just that it wasn't all I was focused on?

I think I was talking to Fluff, yeah? He made it seem like I was just tunneling on her while I had at least said something about over half the players in the game. And it was just kinda articulating why my game was focused where it was, I think.

12. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I'll post her Nighttime thoughts in a sec. Also jk I'm still awake.

Vote Eco

That slot should have been vigged, tbh. At least Waco was participating. Blah blah replacement etiquette, I feel like there aren't enough players who CAN be scum from my POV unless I'm getting snowed /hard/, which means the random slot that hasn't done anything and no one has had the chance to talk about much is probably just mafia.

Looking over wagons a bit.

---

Vote Count 1.9
    Jarizok (9): Jarizok, CrimsonFox, mallorean_thug, Typhon, Vaimes, Fontisian, Jan, his fluffiness, Tom
    Fontisian (4): The Waco Kid, Cobalt, MathBlade, DLGN
    Tom (3): Miner, Quiddity, Delphine

Abstaining (0):

---

Townreads in order of strength. Violet is townfirmed, blue is town, cyan is light town.

I'm a Mason, which is uh. One of the reasons I knew I was never getting lynched this game. The fact that I couldn't pull myself out of this hole without claiming is feelsbadman.jpg but whatever.

Other three townfirms are dead and flipped.

font claiming Vig means that, without a CC, we know she is responsible for one of the kills. I doubt she's a Serial Killer; this is an Eido setup we're talking about. I doubt the scumteam has an extra kill, that doesn't seem very elegant when half of the town's PR is two passive townfirms. She ~could be a Hitman, but that means she still isn't mafia. I will not lynch her without a CC, or unless Typhon claims Cop or something. Offering to let yourself get lynched for being wrong about a read after we just voted off a townie who led his own lynch is uh, not a good look dude. She isn't dark blue because I'm waffling a bit.

Typhon is eh, his confidence is swaying me re: my read on him, but that's hardly a reason to follow his lead. At the very least, I think he is very much convinced he has caught scum, and I'm not sure scum!him invests literally his heart and soul in mislynching fontisian unless it's for like, OOG cred, which ??? I don't think is his style, but that's thin.

dLGN is just sort of a vague "this guy is frustrated town" read, which is putting it mildly. Dunno if he as scum just spends EoD1 yelling at us for being morons. Also thin.

Q, I think I'm mostly sheeping someone on, I honestly forget. Or maybe I just liked that he was defending me against Typhon, I'm a sucker for people who stick up for me. :V thin thin thin

Like I said, Cobalt's anger towards me is very much coming from town. I can't fathom a reason why, as scum, he'd pretend to be so disappointed and frustrated with my play this game. Unless he's going for like, Best Dramatic Scum or something completely random like that.

I'm reading mal town for his questions, because he asks them to get the game as a whole thinking in a way that reveals more than what they're actually answering. Or something. Plus none of his jokes or snark are really stilted, he isn't pushing easy targets, and I like the people he's pressuring. He also helped stop the font lynch, which I guess is whatever if they're buddies, but I can't imagine him wanting to bus font on Day 1, and then immediately relieve pressure on her when it looks like EVERYONE wants to kill her, because then bye bye towncred.

I'm uh, having a pretty rough game, so I'm not gonna be a huge douche and insist that the entire scumteam is in [CF/Jan/tom/Math/Miner]. Because I'm not as obsessed with solving the game entirely and as early as possible, 'cause that way just leads to confbiasing and yelling and sadness. One puzzle piece at a time, people.

But I think with the way the game has gone, it seems like there aren't /enough/ scumreads to go around. And that points to the CFslot being mafia. Does that make sense?

---------- Post automerged at 03:02 ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 ----------

Delphi wanted me to look into Jan a bit, apparently he drew a comparison between font here and font in the FS Witchhunt where she and Eido steamrolled mal and his Coven.

She also thought that Waco/tom was potentially a Thing but Waco is flipped so not gonna bother with that.

She really wanted to solve whether we're wrong on font being town, or if the people who want to lynch font AND tom but font first contain the scumeam.

---------- Post automerged at 03:02 ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 ----------

oh also

[​IMG]

---------- Post automerged at 03:03 ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 ----------

Delphine also thought that dLGN and Q look good/better for their EoD reactions.

---------- Post automerged at 03:05 ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 ----------

Also yeah Typhon if you're a Cop or something, just come out with it. It's literally the only way I will follow you onto font, at this point in the game.

I've been maintaining a "if Typhon claims VT, kill with fire" read on you for a while now.

13. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Yo Von.

If you're wrong on someone, it's probably mal.

14. Ecophagy

Ecophagy Muggle

High Score:
    Hi. Thanks for not vigging my slot. It would have been very annoying to read 1900 posts and wake up dead.

Reads:

Town
    Vaimes - I hear scum Vaimes isn't this belligerent and snarky. I also hear that being an uncounterclaimed mason partner is a town tell. But seriously Vaimes, you spilled those beans way too easily.

Quiddity - I just really enjoy Quddity's posts, they're just very townie. I stopped writing them down pretty quickly, but I particularly enjoyed #459 since I was thinking exactly the same thing.

Tom - I think scum Tom would at least try to do something town rather than just complain that people read his style as scummy. He's basically spent a lot of the game being grumpy that people here don't "get" his deliberately scummy style and leave him alone, and I think scum Tom would at least think about his win condition rather than just complaining.

Font - So, I was reading the thread and I thought "Boy, Font is hard to read" and then I checked who got lynched and for some reason read "Font" instead of "Jarizok" so I thought "sweet, I don't actually have to think about Font's posts any more". So I didn't. Oops. Font was sitting in my "??? need to reread" area over Night. Conveniently, they've gone and claimed vig so I still don't have to think about their posts! Yes, she could maybe be a SK, but by claiming responsibility for the kills she has to play like a vig or we'll lynch her and I'm not interested in doing that toDay.

Mal - As far as I can tell this is Town Mal, asking questions and poking people and being righteous.

Cobalt - I felt the "YAY I'M VT" was genuine (although not a very sensible play).

???
    Jan - 93 was kind of too next level for scum, but I get this uncomfortable gut feeling from Jan and I didn't like 415, 440, 985. This is kind of a "almost town, but I need to actually revisit"

Fluffy - Was an early consensus town read, which usually indicates town, but I actually can't remember much else they've done. Apparently I liked 487 though? Like Jan, needs a bit of focused revaluation.

Mathblade - ?????? This whole "Vaimes slipped scum by not asking Font who they vigged" feels kind of microcosmic. It's eyerolling, but I can't tell if it's scummy or not.

Scum
    dLGN - Has picked up a lot of pings. Like 13 is something of an overreaction. 76 was wagony. In 785 he called Vaimes' read list "interesting" with no additional commentary or followup. I was going to say that while they made a lot of noise about the Jarizok wagon, they didn't do much to stop it, but reading back, dLGN actually kind of did. This moves him up a bit to borderline ???.

Typhon - 457 felt very different to his similar Big Post in ZDS' Normal on MTGS. Like he knows what Town Typhon does and trying to replicate it. I also didn't like this assuring Vaimes they'll still be friends after one of them lynches the other. However, 1467 is a lot of effort, and Typhon has kept plugging away in general, so I don't think it's a slam dunk read.

Miner - Miner pinged me a lot. I feel like they've been on the periphery. 788 set off huge alarm bells "I think Vaimes is doing town things but also we should lynch him anyway". He also wants to lynch Tom because of policy, which is an easy thing for scum to do. Then is magically becomes an actual scum read in 1403 because he didn't like a T/S list. Organic town reads just don't evolve like that and policying lynching Tom is a trap for scum that Miner has fallen into.

Vote Miner

For the record, I thought Delph was town for basically just making Good Posts (e.g. 684, 736, 1393), and I thought Waco was scum for essentially actively lurking, asking easy questions (59) and making easy reads (992).

Overall, I'm much less happy with my reads than I was yesterday (IRL). At least, my scum reads don't feel as strong (and one of them died and flipped town). This tells me that I'm probably wrong about some town reads or there's just scum in the ??? TODO section.

15. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Good morning, eco.
    You town?

---------- Post automerged at 03:53 ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 ----------

Also font should be in your ???? section since she already didn't act like a town vig and you didn't read her.
    Just sayin.

Though I'm ok with where you landed.

16. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    dLGN you wrote this:
    After a sequence in which you basically only talked about fonti and were called out on it.

This is the complete opposite of what you say above. Why do you keep rewriting history?

Mathblade, I need to do a reset and process both the reveals and about 20 pages of activity. But I left off on you, tom, dlgn, Jari and Corrdorr. Drop the last two and that's my beginning point.

17. Ecophagy

Ecophagy Muggle

High Score:
    Looking back at the Jarizok wagon, I'm very interested to hear what Mal learned from it because 1596 is giving me bad feelings.
    tom: Font is in my town list because I'm happy to take an uncounterclaimed vig claim at face value. If she's a SK then that'll be easy enough to work out later.

18. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Sigh.
    Is fonti just gonna skate by on a claim in a closed setup?
    That's silly.

We've all seen scum with extra KP before, right?
    Probably not unlimited, but one shot or odd night is not out of the realm in a game this size.
    She could be 3rd party as well.

I'm not even saying that's what's going on.
    I'm just saying you should still read her to figure it out.

19. Ecophagy

Ecophagy Muggle

High Score:
    Sure, I'll probably have to reread her at some point, especially if there isn't another kill tonight, but there's other people that are higher priority, and I'm not at all interested in hunting third parties on D2.

Don't you want to vote Miner with me?

20. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I do.
    But I also like voting fonti.

Still hoping typh CCs and I don't have to move it.