1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Stardew Valley Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jan 16, 2017.

1. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    'Credit' was sarcastic, of course. That's not the credit Jarizok wants.

And there's scum motivation all over it. But who looks better when pretty much everybody did the same thing? There's no accountability for anybody on that wagon. It's all wifom.

Trying to solve it is a nightmare because it's all narrative.

2. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Let me tell you what I wish I’d known
    When I was young and dreamed of glory
    You have no control:

Who lives
    Who dies
    Who tells your story?

3. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    Since we're all about that sweet, sweet information this time... if fonti is real and has a shot, who is the most informative shot to you right now?

---------- Post automerged at 19:57 ---------- Previous post was at 19:55 ----------

Even when Jan is scum I don't want to lynch him xD

4. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Hey, I have not been shy
    I am just a guy in the public eye
    Tryin’ to do my best for our republic
    I don’t wanna fight
    But I won’t apologize for doing what’s right

I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant
    J dot an

5. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

This fucking day. Really sorry again guys, but with ~3 hours left and back on the good stuff I'm not going to be able to perform the level of analysis I had hoped for. This will probably get more and more stream of conciousness as I go, I'm kinda racing the clock.

Here's what I have for you:

````````````````

I think fonti is scum, for 1,000 reasons that have already been said. I've cased her or pointed out issues I had with her no few times. Look at whichever ones you want, but I strongly advise that you lynch her tomorrow. With conf!scum Jan, she does not look any better. There's actually some pretty good stuff to case her with in the Jan spew, but I don't think you guys are reading my fonti cases anyway so someone can do it.

I'll give you guys one last thing for old time's sake:
    Lulzy fonti wording aside, have this:
    I actually agree with the thrust of this. So, since Jan /is/ scum, who could be calling the shots so he didn't have to carry? Pretty much has to be at least one (but not excluding both) of mal/fonti, right?

Kill the witch.

````````````````

Mal is next. There are several reasons for this, some tied to fonti, some tied to Jan, and some independent. A good starting place is to look at his activity levels - he is well further down the top poster list in this game than he was in his last couple of games here (he was town in them).

But then "slanking wolf" is really more of a supplementary argument than anything. A better example - I encourage rereading the Mal/Jan opening. Their back and forth has a flat quality to it; it seems more perfunctory than motivated by anything real, which doesn't really feel like town mal, who asks questions and makes moves with purpose.

Further, the wolves (assuming I'm correct about fonti) are clearly going full powerwolf here, and Jan is townreading Mal in a weird spot where it's too high to be really justifiable by anything Jan said, but not so high as to ping someone who is just scanning the thread in Jan's only readwall.

On the fonti side, Mal did that thing where he voted fonti with his reason, which felt okay at the moment, but then he came back in later and basically said "I don't like the thread momentum, it would be (in a way that I won't define) different if fonti was scum. Therefore I will townclear her." That pinged me as scummy at the time, which is when the whole Mal/fonti paranoia thing began.

1600 points pretty hard at the powerwolf fonti/mal/Jan strategy.

I still don't believe Mal honestly thought baby scum went heads up with fonti as a bluff when he was in no danger himself, so Mal's defense of the Jari incident never rang true to me. Jari was pretty clearly town the last time Mal made a post claiming to believe he was scum. Even if Mal did think Jari was scum somehow, he claimed to be cooking up some analysis of that wagon and we never saw any of it, which is more slanking wolf stuff.

Basically the thing about Mal here, connections with fonti/Jan aside, is something that someone else has said already - on some level he feels like town mal, but it's only skin deep. For all of the trademarks of his normal play that are featured here, it's hard for me to see any depth or solving behind it. That is not town mal.

Kill the witch.

`````````````````

So fonti/Jan/Mal are 3, and that just leaves us one last player to find. Math and tom are popular options for lynching, and while I absolutely agree they have been independently scummy, I point out a few things.

tom is someone you guys shouldn't lynch if he's still alive tomorrow. Dude is scummy as fuck, but with his meta he's basically just a rand lynch from behavior. If fonti doesn't shoot him tonight please see she's keeping him around for the mislynch.

Math is a bit frustrating in that I dislike their play but think they're probably someone who shouldn't be lynched?

Don't get me wrong, Math is like tom in that I feel a lot like I'd be screaming for blood if they were someone else, and I still think they're scummy as fuck and have since D1, but I think there are gamestate related reasons that they probably aren't scum? Like, nobody wanted to hear that argument yesterday, but suddenly it was a thing D2 after scum needed a new mislynch option. Look at who has pushed them, and remember Math is always a bit insane wrt role stuff.

As an example as to why I think they're probably town, 546 is interesting, because... well, you guys know who I think is scum. But like here we have Jan defend fonti, but then dilute that read with "but she could be faking it and be scum and if she is there's always scum between Mal and Math" (this is before he started hard defending her). I read Mal to be more likely than Math to be scum in the world I think we're in, and I don't think Jan gives literally his whole scumteam a shoutout here, so this looks good to me for Math.

````````````````

So where does that leave us? Vaimes is town, Cobalt and DLGN are pretty likely town, fluff and miner are pretty likely town.

So there's probably just one left in Eco/Quid.

Going down now. I know this was super anti-climactic after I promised a lot of analysis - this day did not go as expected for me, so I accomplished shit all. Good luck on the game guys, see you in post-game.

6. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Careful how you proceed, good man
    Intemperate indeed, good man
    Answer for the accusations I lay at your feet or
    Prepare to bleed, good man

7. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

ok thx typhon can we hammer now and get this over with

8. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Cobalt, your grievance is legitimate
    I stand by what I said, every bit of it
    You stand only for yourself
    It’s what you do
    I can’t apologize because it’s true

---------- Post automerged at 02:09 ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 ----------

(I kind of want to actually post lolcats, but now i started the hamilton thing ..

funfact .. the cats name i posted earlier ... hamilton.)

9. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    vote jan

If I'm here tomorrow I'm voting fonti and shitposting.
    Just fyi.

10. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Day ends in under 2 hours.

Not at a computer, so RIP votals etc.

11. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Wow, for some reason I thought deadline was tomorrow night. fuck me.

12. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Vote Jan

I imagine death so much it feels more like a memory
    Is this where it gets me, on my feet, sev’ral feet ahead of me?
    I see it coming, do I run or fire my gun or let it be?
    There is no beat, no melody
    Tom, my first friend, my enemy
    Maybe the last face I ever see
    If I throw away my shot, is this how you’ll remember me?
    What if this bullet is my legacy?

Sorry fonti, i had to steal this one, i hope you understand.

Oh yeah this might be the hammer, i didn't count. Just check it yourself.

13. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Oh, wait, shit, last thing. We have 3 confirmed town roles (one being an info role) and fonti is claiming a vig role as well? Consider setup balance, don't let her roll you on the back of a claim. Now sleep.

Lynch Vote Jan

14. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    RIP, Vaimes, I believe in you solving the game more than I believe in myself solving the game right now. you're going to be dangerously thin on mislynches though with font's accuracy rate if she shoots me though :(

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I will take that under heavy consideration if she actually does shoot you.

16. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    I have no thoughts to share because I planned my reread for tonight, proving that I'm terrible at planning.

The machine isn't even up to date, its still back on post 886 of day1. Otherwise I'd dump important votals.

---------- Post automerged at 20:25 ---------- Previous post was at 20:24 ----------

like, is it angle shooting to continue posting if I think its hard lynch but I'm not sure and I know Eido isn't around?

17. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I thought you were new and improved. :(

18. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I'm 98% sure this is right:

Jan (9): Vaimes, DLGN, MathBlade, Cobalt, His Fluffiness, Miner, Fontisian, Ecophagy, Tom
    Fontisian (1): Typhon
    MathBlade (1): Quiddity
    Tom (1): Mallorean Thug

Abstaining (1): Jan

---------- Post automerged at 17:28 ---------- Previous post was at 17:28 ----------

Fooled by a new page.
    Okay good night.

19. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Jan is self-voting.

20. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

You sit in your fucking tower and you look down on those beverages which aren’t yours and you say “I will have that! Thank you muchly!"
    - Eagles Are Turning People Into Horses