1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Stardew Valley Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Is that a real question? Think about what Typhon claimed yesterday.

2. Ecophagy

Ecophagy Muggle

High Score:
    Oh sweet Fluffy is actually scum.

To be honest, there is a voice at the back of my head that's saying "maybe Math just always plays like this", which is why I'm going to be spending time this weekend looking back at them.

The flaw is that a SK doesn't "side" with anyone. If Fonti is a SK, they're in pretty deep trouble with only 1 scum dead: they absolutely need to hit scum tonight to have any chance of getting to endgame. Yeah, obviously if we knew for sure fonti wasn't town it's worth the lynch, but having claimed responsibility for the kills, Fonti also has nowhere to hide. If Fonti hits tonight, we got scum, if Fonti misses we're not any closer to LyLo anyway and someone scummy is dead.

I also don't think there's room in the setup for a SK. I'd need a mass claim to confirm this, but that can wait at least another Day.

Basically, I don't think it's worth lynching someone who *might* be a SK essentially because "they had a bad game and misvigged twice" when we could instead actually hunt the Mafia and force the Fonti to help us.

3. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I love you too.

4. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I want to know if this is speculation or mechanical confirmation.

But I don't want Typhon to claim results yet in case je can do something with it.

5. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

....If Cobalt is not scum Cobalt needs to stop looking for ways to mislynch me. In fucking advance Typhon. Like that is shit. How confident are you Cobalt is town? That post suspecting nigh on close to half the game is shit.

Not game throwing. Game solving.

6. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Worst post ever.

---------- Post automerged at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

I'm not looking for ways to lynch you, I'm not even proposing your lynch right now, I was just giving my read.

You are seriously so fixated on "Cobalt is looking for ways to mislynch me" in a way that just does NOT project town to me.

7. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Fonti has been wrong a shit ton. Killed Waco over Tom because we would lynch Tom. Tom turned out Town. Fonti if 3P is scumsiding so damn hard it is insane. There is no "force the Fonti to help us". If she is Town her reads have sucked so badly this is a not Fonti game. If she is 3P I don't believe she will work with Town. Mass claim in the first post is a fucking horrible idea.

Vote Ecography

8. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

You make it so difficult for me to scumread your slot sometimes. :///

9. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Quiddity
    I mean, it's mechanical unless I targeted an untargetable player.

Which... show of hands if you think that happened and they didn't kill me without a roleblocker? Didn't think so.

Absolutely not lynching DLGN unless you make a case that convinces me.

10. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Even more funny are all the different ways Eco's username has been spelled recently.

Poor Eco rip

11. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Finding mistakes in word choice is how scum gets caught. You may not like it. You may think I am tunneling fine. But slips like those are what catch scum and get them hung. I look for those. That paragraph of rage after me suspecting you, exactly what scum did when they thought I caught them for the wrong reasons. I don't see why I should be townreading you and you prepared my mislynch in advance.

12. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Can you elaborate on your DLGN read again please?

13. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Embrace the voice. Math really does always play like this. That does not make them town, but it does make them not slam dunk scum. I... wouldn't be surprised, particularly, if they were scum, but I think there are both better places to look and that Math is a sort of cop out lynch that will make everyone coast through another day.

Explain the bolded bit, please?

---------- Post automerged at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

Shallow as fuck town read, honestly, but you and he were real-time reacting to the Jarizok stupidity in a way that felt genuine. I was pretty convinced by that. I haven't done an iso of him since.

If someone can case him and convince me otherwise, feel free, I'm willing to listen.

14. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Then lynch me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

---------- Post automerged at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

I ain't afraid to die. The only reason why I'd like to stay alive at this point is because aside from MathBlade's ridiculous tunnel I've been pretty widely townread so it's not +EV for me to die just to get me out of the PoE.

But if you HONESTLY think your case holds water Math, by all means, push me to the edge. I'd love to see what we discover when all of that goes down.

15. Ecophagy

Ecophagy Muggle

High Score:
    Is this what you guys have been calling me in scumchat or what?

The most simple explanation is usually correct

I'll keep that in mind while I reread over the weekend.

RE: Bolded, with 10 alive, I'm assuming 7/3 t/s. Mislynch, NK, Misvig puts us at 4/3 and LyLo (plus a potential lynch candidate is dead). Even if Fonti doesn't shoot, we'd be at 5/3 which is still LyLo (or MyLo I guess). The two misfires have already taken a lynch away from us, although if Fonti doesn't shoot tonight we can No Lynch tomorrow which might be valuable since there aren't really any universal town reads so we get *something* out of the NK.

Basically it's risk vs reward: whether we think Fonti can hit scum vs how informative the extra scum NK might be. If we lynch scum, then we're at 7/2 going into Night, with NK, misvig we're at 5/2 which is still one away from LyLo (so Fonti definately should shoot).

16. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Oh right.

Thanks for reminding me why I wrote off DLGN as town because I honestly forgot until now lmao.

---------- Post automerged at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

If Font is town I doubt she has any shots left anyway, honestly.

I'd consider a further Font shot as an SK indicator.

---------- Post automerged at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

Because I know setupgaming is Bad[sup]TM[/sup] but I don't think Eido puts an unlimited town nightvig in this setup.

---------- Post automerged at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

Ummmmmmm

Quid might be dumbclear for this, idk man. Typhon what do you think?

[insert previous dumbtell meta here]

17. Ecophagy

Ecophagy Muggle

High Score:
    Also why would SK Fonti draw attention to herself by having unbelievably poor reads when she could just lynch scum, not claim vig, and shoot townies (or even just shoot scum!)

Like if her being wrong and shooting two townies is a strong enough meta argument to lynch her, why on earth would she do it ON PURPOSE??

Is it THAT impossible that she rolled vig and had some bad reads?

18. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

his fluffiness

Reasons why Math or Mal could be scum with Jan. Go

19. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Will have to go back in more detail later, but Mal's post 1600 is gross after Jan's flip.

(Jan had just put a long post explaining why fonti was town, and mal then says that those defending fonti are definitely town.)

---------- Post automerged at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

That was a post that stuck out to me while browsing the thread over the Night. Any more will have to come after a more thorough reread of that section of thread where Jan is actually defending people.

20. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

I am. I am just not screaming about it because I have learned no one listens that way. Also Typhon says you are probably town so I want him to chime in as to why you can do shit like that and be Town.

---------- Post automerged at 15:56 ---------- Previous post was at 15:53 ----------

Yes.

It is literally that impossible.

People argue Fonti is this excellent player and I argue she is human and caught. Look at who argued no Fonti D1 lynch because she will "break the game".

I said Fonti and Jan and while I don't think they are on the same team now I did notice something fishy. I just think Fonti is an SK. The post about a "vig" was probably a hand off.

Does Fonti have bad games? Sure? Does she get defended like that as Town? No. Does she provide reasons as Town? No.

Fonti is not Town aligned.

---------- Post automerged at 15:58 ---------- Previous post was at 15:56 ----------

Furthermore Fonti tried to lynch Tom after Jan was outed as conf scum.

So yeah Fonti needs rope.

---------- Post automerged at 16:03 ---------- Previous post was at 15:58 ----------

Look at this post here. Miner is probably town because of this.

Like freaking read it. Jan doesn't care if Fonti is scum. That means odds are Fonti is SK at this point and Jan doesn't care if Fonti is Town vig or SK. The fact Jan picked these words is highly indicative of an SK.

Intent to vote fontisian after checking votecounts

---------- Post automerged at 16:05 ---------- Previous post was at 16:03 ----------

Actually scratch that. Jan miner could be a thing and Cobalt just wants to lynch me because he hates my playstyle. Jan's miner doesn't care about either alignment feels so damn authentic.

---------- Post automerged at 16:09 ---------- Previous post was at 16:05 ----------

Lynch Fonti

Fonti explain yourself.