1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Stardew Valley Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Hmm. Okay, yeah, that makes sense.

Lynch Vote Mal

We should have killed her days ago, but at this point I suppose there's no loss to waiting till tomorrow.

---------- Post automerged at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Dumbtell denied. I don't know any Q meta (we have two games together, one being the most recent TH and the other being Narutomafia from years ago), but that's NAI so far as I'm concerned.

---------- Post automerged at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------
    his fluffiness I need you to step up here, because I still think you're town but we're getting to the point where tonal town reads aren't really good enough to be sure of someone. We're in a tough spot in terms of where we are in the game, and I really, really don't want to have to divine your alignment in crunch time and scum are going to leave you alive as a potential mislynch if you're town. I need you to be towny as fuck for me so we're not wavering on you.

I think you're on to something with Mal (obviously). Help me case him for everyone, please - help us catch scum and close off their options all at once.

---------- Post automerged at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------
    MathBlade can you do me a solid and not engage with Cobalt? Like, if you think you have something approaching a structured case, write it up for me and I promise I'll read it, but you guys arguing in the thread isn't going to help us solve the game.

What do you think of Mal?

2. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I didn't hate your play style until you tunneled me for flimsy reasons.

But tell me more about Jan/Miner. You think that was pro distancing from Jan?

---------- Post automerged at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

Tell me more about Mal Typhon .

3. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

I kinda want to see some case stuff out of Fluff first, if you don't mind waiting?

For now let's call it shallow play + slanking wolf vibes - give him a scan and I think you'll see what I mean.

---------- Post automerged at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------
    Quiddity why do you think DLGN is scum? I'd love a full case out of you so I could see you thinking through something ITT because my read on you is not incredibly strong, but anything would be be a good start.

What do you think about Mal?

4. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Ok, so I started out the game with a townread of mal, which started to fade towards the end, where he loudly proclaims that Jarizok is scum
    before coming out with posts like this one:

I don't think this series of posts come from town.

Playing a game of LoL atm, will continue after.

5. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Miner hope the exams went okay, man. The sooner you could pop in and add your voice to this, the better.

dLGN same to you - would love to hear some thoughts.

Where do you guys stand on Mal?

---------- Post automerged at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Excellent start, thanks. Keep it coming when you get the chance.

6. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

EW

How did I not notice that?

---------- Post automerged at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Would vote Mal toDay.

7. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Hi, my best guess atm is Jan/Miner/Eco/Cobalt. I'm not willing to lynch Quiddity, Math. I'm probably not willing to lynch Fluff. And I'll trust 100% trust Typhon toMorrow, but we don't need to worry about that until then.

Day3 Vote Cobalt This is the fight we need to discuss for the first half of toDay, besides myself and font.

I would sincerely like everybody to openly have a team of 4 that they're considering.

8. Miner

Miner Order Member

I'm here now.

I actually got sick, missed a day, and then today dragged my half-dead body in to take my last three exams.

But it's okay. I'm kinda okay.

I caught up since daystart, but not really yesterday.

I think that whoever believes in a Jan/me world is insane. Like, sure, you can look at that and be all like "pro distancing yo this could totally be a paranoia world."

But like, I've already mentioned this in that I actually got really pissed off at Jan. I actually angervoted him at one point before moving back to my scumread (tom).

But yeah, I guess tom gets to be smug in postgame about being town again.

I agree with the case on mal and I think that there's a lot of merit to it. Town!mal will almost always try to analyze and talk and just generally be in thread and gamesolving, especially if town is in a tough spot (which we really are. I still don't know wtf to think about font). I actually originally thought that mal was sort of acting like this d1, but then the Jarizok lynch + flip happened and I realized that this is not that mal. This mal seems very unconcerned about gamestate, continuously defends fonti, and like fluff pointed out, seems to be just pushing mislynches.

In the event that nothing is resolved with fonti, mal is probably the best lynch.

Depending on how I feel later I'll see if I can find some more concrete posts to point out why I feel this way.

Lynch: mal

---------- Post automerged at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Is there any particular reason why you're unwilling to lynch Q?

9. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

10. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    I think they're town for their approach to the game. Its not a strong read, but its better than my feelings about most of the rest of you. Like, that was the impression I got on Day1 and nothing has happened to really shake that.

I'm working on a reread, then votal analysis, then a read wall. Since, you know, I owe the thread all of those things.

What's your team of 4 atm Miner?

---------- Post automerged at 21:30 ---------- Previous post was at 21:27 ----------

Their interactions with me and Tom on Day1 felt off, their scumread on Vaimes was hilariously bad, people (other than Vaimes) seemed to be townreading them for poor reasons, and I /think/ that they have pretty consistently bad vote positioning.

---------- Post automerged at 21:34 ---------- Previous post was at 21:30 ----------
    Typhon , Same question I asked miner. What's your team of 4 here? You can't just find one Jan scumbuddy and call it a day, and we need to know who everybody thinks is scum and /why/ they're pushing one of them over their other options. (because scum will have a pretty hard time here pushing 3 town in this gamestate, and their opinions/cases on teammates will look different).

11. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Alright, fair enough.

After you do your thread analysis stuff as you see fit, point me towards some examples of the things you're talking about there - I'm interested to see it.

---------- Post automerged at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

My team of 4?

I think the scum team is probably you/Jan/fonti/[Eco or Q].

If fonti is an SK and not counted on the scum team (where we have an 11/4/1 setup), then obviously remove her. Maybe it's the 4 remaining, maybe there's scum left in the fluff/miner/Cobalt/DLGN group. Gun to my head if there is, it's DLGN.

But I mean that's why I'm asking the questions now - we've got 48 hours for me to help the thread solve before I die.

---------- Post automerged at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

Or, alternatively, I'm wrong about Math. I might well be - hard to say on that front. I'm probably going to try and solve everyone else's alignment and just POE Math's alignment if I'm being honest.

12. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Posts like these are Jan and mal townreading each other without ever really coming out and saying it, which is ick.

13. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

I continue to agree. Anything else?

14. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Hey Cobalt.

Vote Mal with me.

Vote Mal

15. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Other than his general lack of analysis and presence, nothing else really stuck out to me while skimming the thread.

---------- Post automerged at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Will probably go for a more in depth reread and not just looking for places where Jan and mal posted in proximity to each other tomorrow.

16. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Hi font, please look elsewhere.

Also, please give your entire scumteam list.

---------- Post automerged at 22:44 ---------- Previous post was at 22:40 ----------

Somebody that isn't me is going to need to compare toDay's events to Citrus burying me last game : https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?p=954661#post954661

I'm just bringing this up ahead of time so if anybody has a heroic amount of free time and effort to spend, they can read that game.

17. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Fair enough. I'd appreciate it if you'd ping me when you get around to it (and I would like you to get around to it if time allows), but I've liked your thinking here.

18. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Hey typhon, had you reread Jan's posts for spew yet? I'd kind of like to hear your conclusions there.

19. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

mallorean_thug

If you think I pick a fight with town Von and town / 3P Fonti on Day One as scum you are ABSOLUTELY OUT OF YOUR GOD DAMN MIND.

Like......... what?????

---------- Post automerged at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

See, I was gonna vote Mal, but now you voted Mal so I'm less likely to.

Give us reasons why you're town vig and not 3P SK.

---------- Post automerged at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

Okay. Based on interactions and finding excuses just to push me, I'd be in HEAVEN if it really were as simple as Jan / Math / Mal / x.

Because of how widely I was townread starting with day one, I think that it's a necessary thing to do for scum to shake that at some point. Mal really fits that. I was townreading Mal for most of this game and just sort of casually wondering why Mal was scumleaning on me, but the recent worldbuilding is just like, COME ON.

Do you SERIOUSLY believe that I, as scum, would pick a fight with two formidable players that I have somewhat extensive meta with, who would drag me by the eyeballs to the hills and back if I were scum, on DAY ONE?

You are reaching so far you'll need a medieval torture device if you want to keep going. Try again.

It just looks sincerely opportunistic but I need to go back and re-read Mal who, on further examination, doesn't exactly have an overwhelming presence in this game. I wonder why that is?

---------- Post automerged at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------
    fontisian

Okay, so like, if you're town here, my hilarious wrong day one reads aside, do you honestly think I EVER in ANY universe as scum with you and Von both town drop you both at the bottom of my reads list early in the game?

Like, ever?

---------- Post automerged at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

And what the fuck even is that bolded part? Is this just a statistic that you pulled out of your ass because it made your case look a bit bulkier? THINKING that I have consistently bad vote positioning is a statement that literally contradicts himself - if there's consistence, you don't just /think/ that I have bad vote positioning, because it's a consistent pattern. If you just /think/ that I have had bad vote positioning, you only think so, meaning you don't know for sure and thus you'd have no grasp of consistence in my vote positioning.

Idk. That just seems unlikely to be coming from town here.

---------- Post automerged at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

I'd say Jan/Mal is the most likely w/w scenario given the following two interactions:

1. The Jarizok back and forth in Mal's ISO that Fluff pointed out, which has little to no possible town thought process;

2. The Jan / Mal townread exchange that Miner quoted wherein they didn't even address each other directly, after Jan made a big post about why Fonti was town and then Mal basically cleared everyone who was pro-Fonti.

20. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    Hi I'm alive and have read to current. Started a reread and will hopefully have some time to play tomorrow.

Some VERY BRIEF thoughts on d3 so far:

Eco reads pretty well so far. Thought Delphine had caught his predecessor but Eco looks better.

Fluff's points on mal seem from a genuine place.

Mal themselves I'm holding off on for some sort of content or effort.

Cobalt still feels like town.

Quiddity I've been resisting the urge to omgus but considering the game state he may just be mafia.

Miner is pretty null to me.

Mathblade, I don't really understand their read of the game right now.

Hope to flesh them out tomorrow.

---------- Post automerged at 23:35 ---------- Previous post was at 23:32 ----------

Uh yeah. My townread of Cobalt is because he's the only other person who didn't have mentally deficient voting d1 and was like the only person my pleas resonated with, it seemed. Shading their voting is dumpster tier.

Just wanted to add that bc of the above.