1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Stardew Valley Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Miner

Miner Order Member

If she's town she's not shooting.

If she's 3p you won't get anything out of asking this question.

2. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Ew we are not no lynching

3. Miner

Miner Order Member

Cobalt come join me on Q.

4. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Who do you think the scum team is?

5. Ecophagy

Ecophagy Muggle

High Score:
    But why would we not no lynch at MyLo?

---------- Post automerged at 07:35 ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 ----------

Also his fluffiness You're the last one uinclaimed. Do it.

---------- Post automerged at 07:35 ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 ----------

oh and @dGLN

---------- Post automerged at 07:36 ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 ----------

fml

dLGN

6. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Vote Count 3.2

MathBlade (4): His Fluffiness, fontisian, Cobalt, Quiddity
    dLGN (1): MathBlade
    Quiddity (1): Miner

Abstaining (2): dLGN, Ecophagy

With 8 alive, it is 5 to soft lynch and 7 to hard lynch.

7. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

how do you know it's mylo and not lylo?

8. Ecophagy

Ecophagy Muggle

High Score:
    With 8 players alive, there obviously aren't 4 mafia, or the game would be over. So if there are 3 mafia, it's 5/3 and we can no lynch, tank a NK, and go into LyLo tomorrow at 4/3 with our PoE pool narrowed down slightly further, which I think is beneficial as I don't believe there is any universally accepted town read. (While only 2 remaining mafia would give us an extra mislynch making no lynch sub-optimal, I think we can agree that only 3 scum is very unlikely).

"But what if Fonti is a SK????" I hear you ask. It would make things more complicated, but I also think it's remarkably unlikely.
    If we're at 4/3/1, then we're pretty screwed. We can't lynch hypothetical-SK fonti because we lose to the NK at 3/3. Even if we lynch Mafia, we're still very much at the mercy of where the SK kill goes. So No lynch would be even worse in this case. However, even if Fonti was a SK, I don't believe there would also be a 4-man mafia team as well.

So in the case of a 3-man starting Mafia team and a SK, we'd be at 5/2/1. Mislynch + one NK takes us to 3/2/1, which I think is again not entirely in the town's hands and relies on how night kills go. No lynch + one NK would be 4/2/1 which still relies on some NK mafia, but it's a winnable position. However in this case, we could freely lynch the SK, taking us to 4/2 the next day (which would again be MyLo and candidate for no lynching)

In summary, No Lynching is correct UNLESS you think Fonti is a SK in which case it's almost certainly correct to lynch Fonti (and I'd need a VERY convincing argument). However, no lynching being correct also relies on Fonti (regardless of alignment) not shooting a townie tonight, which is why I want explicit assurance that she won't shoot at all.

9. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

No. I am tired and confused and so I will observe and listen rather than spam. If I had a clue then I could tunnel but I have too much in RL to make a case I would half believe in because someone asked.

So DLGN/Q is my team right now but if I am wrong on either replace with Eco.

---------- Post automerged at 10:31 ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 ----------

And my reasons are intestinal tract.

10. Ecophagy

Ecophagy Muggle

High Score:
    Also from that votecount we know that the the scum team is not Eco/Miner/dLGN because otherwise MathBlade would be dead and the game lost.

11. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Ecophagy

I dare you to figure out why I am voting you now and based on this one post I strongly suspect my prior reads of having at least one wrong in then.

---------- Post automerged at 10:34 ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 ----------

Lynch Ecophagy

12. Ecophagy

Ecophagy Muggle

High Score:
    Let me guess, did I scum slip? That's what all your reads are based on after all.

13. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Actually no. You didn't.

It was that you didn't wait until the other two people post since that vote count before clearing them. It shows you very likely aren't thinking in depth about the game and instead grasping for straws that make it look like you are.

14. Ecophagy

Ecophagy Muggle

High Score:
    >Not thinking in depth about the game

:rolleyes:

Why would people have to post to be around to coordinate a quick hammer?

15. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

It is why in 3P LyLO both people cross vote

The third posts a random "Clear" post and then picks between the two.

---------- Post automerged at 10:40 ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 ----------

Because if they aren't around you can't say they wouldn't hammer. Which invalidates your theory.

16. Ecophagy

Ecophagy Muggle

High Score:
    Not posting is not the same as not being around.

17. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

If they never were online this doesn't apply. If you would have just waited til they posted I would have believed it but that is the thing I don't because you aren't analyzing stuff. And you also assume I am Town.

I could be scum but you aren't operating from that scenario. I am Town but you aren't considering it from a "Is Math scum?" angle.

---------- Post automerged at 10:44 ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 ----------

Yes it is for the purposes of did they hammer.

Unless you have inside knowledge they were intentionally lurking and not posting then there is no way to differentiate and your argument is invalid. You have to wait until then.

---------- Post automerged at 10:46 ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 ----------

And soft lynch makes your argument super super invalid.

---------- Post automerged at 10:48 ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 ----------

And since you likely do have that inside knowledge of someone lurking I am going with you + DLGN.

Now try to get me mislynched to where I go to the townie heaven of dead chat.

18. Ecophagy

Ecophagy Muggle

High Score:
    A Eco/Miner/dLGN necessarily precludes scum MathBlade. So yes, the situation with scum Math is implicitly covered because if you're scum, the scum team STILL can't be Eco/Miner/dLGN .

But whatever, I amend my statement to "it is VERY UNLIKELY that the scum team is Eco/Miner/dLGN because I would have damn well thought they could have organised a hammer in the last 39 goddamn hours

Wait

Actually, Miner, myself, and dLGN HAVE ALL POSTED since you got put at L-3 in #2848. So you can take your "not analysing the game" garbage and stuff where the sun don't shine.

19. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

The fact you had to go look it up and that they haven't posted since the VC which is the important thing. Argument stands.

I am done. Be back later.

20. Ecophagy

Ecophagy Muggle

High Score:
    My mistake for taking you at face value. ENJOY YOUR LURKING.