1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Stardew Valley Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jan 16, 2017.

1. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

That is not what I am saying at all. It is about forcing you to make concrete stances. The fact you did it with a disclaimer the first time is crap.

Anyone can say they scumread someone and then go after someone else too. A list has that accountability.

Kinda interesting how half the game says I am obv Town and half scumreads me. I wonder if I have my reads wrong (except Fonti) and Tom's play is just useless. Which in that case please fix.

---------- Post automerged at 12:25 ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 ----------

Except Typhon doesn't go through a process to get townread in that post.

Typhon says that I am more deserving of a vote which is false.

Not sure how you are agreeing Delphine. Please explain the vote here.

2. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Ahh, okay, this is can respond to.

Do you want me to explain Math? It's literally the TH argument - I don't think they believe in what they're saying from what they're saying. They townread you in 300 from a single post bitching about threadlength. That is not someone who is being honest about what they're thinking (unless the have tmi).

The only argument I've read for why Math is town was from fonti, and I've given a counterpoint, but let me just be explicit - Math got as aggressive as their start here by around the time in TH that they joined the thread here. They started in TH in RVS, they started here post-RVS. They were quite aggressive and willing to do what's been happening here by post 200.

I didn't make this argument because I assumed it was obvious. But there, there it is all written out.

As for Snow, if you don't like that argument then you don't like it, I guess, but /why?/ Like, is it a thing where you think Snow always reaches for his towncircle and gives bad examples when prodded about saying he has been agreeing with someone, or?

3. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Narrarating one's thoughts is one of the hardest things to do as scum correctly. This feels like last game where he was just honest. This is labeled as forced but I don't see it. And I sure as hell don't see a step by step process.

---------- Post automerged at 12:29 ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 ----------

...This is about lynching not killing. Explain the word choices of this post.

4. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Typhon I agree with you on Math, disagree on Von, and have a similar spread on the townreads. The reads themselves are much of a muchness. What I dislike is the artificial way the post is crafted, and how some of them are presented. I mean, you spend about as much ink saying why you're making the post at the top as you do on the read wall.

5. Miner

Miner Order Member

Ew.

Word choice shouldn't be important. Ik for a fact that as town you're even less likely to watch your word choice.

6. Quiddity

High Score:
    Big crosspost on that ladt.

And seriously Mathblade, don't quite the whole post. Godssake.

7. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Also, Quiddity, I posted separately to Jari but not to you or fonti because Jari was here at the time (well, he had been 30 minutes prior) and you and fonti weren't. He'd have been folded into the wall as well if I hadn't hope to get an answer from him before him disappearing for a few hours.

8. Miner

Miner Order Member

Jan explain your fonti read please.

9. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

1) False. I watch my word choice as both alignments. It is physically impossible for me not to.
    2) As Town I watch others word choice more to try to see why they post what they do.

The fact that Typhon said killing makes me think that Typhon had a reason for choosing that word and I want to hear it from him.

10. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

MathBlade I don't use terribly specific language for that sort of thing. If you reread TH, I'm sure I was pretty loose with how I referred to lynching as well.

Quiddity I'm not sure what you're trying to say with "much of a muchness", but the intro at the beginning was to kinda firmly state that this was a new day, and that I was going to go do me things instead of defending myself ad infinitum today.

Can you make a case for me about why you think Snow is town? Like, walk me through his mindset for this game - why does he feel less towny here? Or do you think his play is equally towny to his TH play?

11. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I really think that the distinction between kill and lynch is irrelevant here.

12. Miner

Miner Order Member

1) You're weird. <3

2) Do I have to watch what I say around you now? Because I always approached this with more of a "I need to find the ones that are either cracking under pressure, or play against town's wincon" or something like that. I've not paid much attention to subtle cues like word choice, mainly because I believed them to be unreliable at best.

13. Quiddity

High Score:
    Like seriously wtf Mathblade. You quote in full a guys post just to complain about word choices.
    Typhon is a thing you can use. Or hell, edit it. Would it kill you to spend a minute selecting the pertinent points.

Typhon, basically just see what I said above. Von I need to re-read to see if I can see what you're saying, but I've read town thus far, and Math the opposite.

My issue is presentation. Why did you wait to respond to me in a read wall post? It makes me think you want to wait and consolidate everything before responding to me. And I get that TH7 was an aberration, but that's my baseline for you, and this conservatism/reserve doesn't fit with that.

14. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Unless you think that Typhon is crumbing that he's scum, which would be... an interesting strategy.

15. Quiddity

High Score:
    ]

But why? You know people respond worse to walls - Jan not reading yours in TH7 - why not post as soon as you wrote it?

16. Miner

Miner Order Member

^this is true.

Readwalls are a pain to read. I mostly just skim them, and if I post readwalls, I don't expect everyone to read all of it, so I just ping people for pertinent parts.

AYYYY alliteration.

17. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Actually no you don't Typhon

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=961870&postcount=1245

Only post where you reference killing in that way and it was lonnnng beyond relevant.

Quiddity stip complaining about the same thing twice. I phone post deal with it.

I don't think Typhon is crumbing in particular. Instead I am trying to get Typhon to see the parallels in thought process and compare the two posts.

18. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

A member of the Alliterati. Kill it with fire.

19. Quiddity

High Score:

20. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

You do realize that he was town in that game, right?