1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Stardew Valley Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jan 16, 2017.

1. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Let's not leave it at that.

I didn't make an explicit case yet. Why weren't you curious about the reasons that one of your townleans had for their strongest scumread? Please summarize what you assumed my case would be.

2. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

just not a positive one

3. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Fixed that for you.

4. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
  5. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Oh I was tagged in a thing. Sorry, one sec.

6. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Ok, I'm going to go try to murder a boss in Dark Souls, when I get back, everybody will have given their opinions on font and my push, unsullied by my actual reasons, and then I'll explain why we are or aren't going forward with lynching font toDay.

Thanks!

7. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

I have to get ready for work in a few minutes, so you're better off not waiting if you want to make the point tonight

8. fontisian

Then you're reading it wrong. And really, do you think scum!Von pointedly stops himself from posting in thread because he doesn't want to massively outpost everyone else? Really?

I think you're problem is that you're townreading Typhon, when you absolutely should not be doing, and it's coloring your view of Von's reads. Consider that Von and I came to very similar reads, with limited drawing from each other, and that he probably wouldn't sheep me if we were scum together, so his reads are probably real.

---------- Post automerged at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Good luck and which boss?

9. Miner

Miner Order Member

I'm trying to understand if this is a new style for him, or if HP mafia was the anomaly.

Yes, I realize he was town in both. Yes, he was priest in TH. (I actually didn't check the endgame to that game cuz I was ashamed and busy)

But I just want to know if either are his town meta.

---------- Post automerged at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

I didn't townlean you based on your case for anyone. I townleaned you for your early d1 activity and the way you prod people, as well as pointing out the problems with people's posts.

10. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    You're missing the point.

Town cares about the strongest reads from other people they think are town.

You don't?

11. fontisian

You mean "You've done nothing to change your read."

This is true. I have however, added additional reasons for scumreading Typhon, and took both Delphine's and Q's thoughts into consideration.

---------- Post automerged at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

I don't.
    /ten garcias

12. Miner

Miner Order Member

Uhm.

I cared way more about other town people's reads as scum than I ever did as town.

---------- Post automerged at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

And with that, I'm off to bed. Cyall in 8 hours or so.

13. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    1. Her wall seemed very content with a certain thread consensus that was quite stagnate-y?

2. Because I didn't personally agree that she was playing that way, and wanted you to elaborate before I considered following.

To speak more broadly on fonti, she seems far more involved in the thread this game, at least up to where I initially joined (this has faded a bit today), quite differently than the last two games I've spent with her. I'm not sure what was going on with her last game - probably should have asked then - but I was under the impression that it was a long-term effect to appear scummy/like she was actually priest because she was content to let other town voices lead.

I've not agreed with a few of her pushes (tom especially, but also Typhon mid), but it's felt reasonably scumhunting. All in all, I'm null to lean town on her.

14. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

mallorean_thug

I actually... don't exactly grasp why you started pushing Font? You voted her after a readlist and I think MathBlade was picking up on something that everyone else wasn't because I think it had something to do with her insistence that Tom slipped and then subsequent push on Typhon? And maybe how her vote didn't stay on Tom?

I also don't know what a "Citrus tell" is and had planned on asking you for clarification about that.

15. fontisian

Delphine
    Here's a nice reason to townread Miner.

---------- Post automerged at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

Cobalt, my vote has never left Tom since I put it on him. Math was mistaken.

---------- Post automerged at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

Also, your order of events is wrong. I pushed Typhon, pushed Tom a lot, and then continued to push Tom, Typhon and Jari.

16. Quiddity

High Score:
    Cobalt is weirding me out.

On the plus side, she sounds completely alien from the smug, contented scum version of herself on show in AYAW4.

On the negative side of things, that's because she's seemingly decided to emulate the unjustified, highly-emotional, utter certainty play that is/was bread and butter to Mathblade and Lyrium.

I don't think we see that from scum!Cobalt - it's not exactly easy to fake - but it's going to make this difficult.

17. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Is this a town read or a null, it's kinda vague?

18. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

rip i am a man

---------- Post automerged at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Also, Quiddity, let me reiterate that I'm not certain about this read. I just simply don't want it to cloud the thread for the rest of the game and would rather have that person out of the way.

I've never been this aghast about how awful Von's gameplay has looked. And that means something to me. It's the best thing I've got right now but I'm not locked into it, unmoving or unwilling to see reason or change or vote elsewhere.

I'm okay with voting the bottom half of my list after Jan and will go where the thread wants me to go. I was just putting my opinions out there.

19. Quiddity

High Score:
    Town read.

---------- Post automerged at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Why do so many guys on this forum use female avatars?

This is way too reasonable/reserved compared to everything previous.

20. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

To be fair, it says Gender: Male right underneath Beyoncé's flawless features.

---------- Post automerged at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

I mean don't get me wrong I would love for things to go my way but I'm not bullheaded enough to think they automatically will.