1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Steam Sales & Gifts Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by JohnThePyro, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Graphics are dated yes, but it's a rather old game. Still the system is awesome, it's worth at least one play through.

2. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

Neverwinter Nights 1 is basically Baldur's Gate in 3D. Great in single player if you like a good RPG (the expansions have a better story though), but the praise all comes from multiplayer. Of all the online games I've ever experienced, playing Neverwinter Nights with a group of roleplayers was easily the most fun. If you can find a regular group to play with then it's exactly as fun as tabletop DND without having to fuck around with miniatures, sheets of paper and die rolls. It's ten years old now so I'm not sure if many people still play, but I wouldn't be surprised at all. NWN had a really hardcore fanbase and there are some great mods out for it.

Neverwinter Nights 2 is your typical Obsidian knockoff. Good story, shinier graphics and an extra helping of serious bugs, though I hear all the serious game breaking bugs were sorted out with the last patch. The multiplayer community never really got off to a good start though, everyone I know stuck with the original because NWN2's support for persistent world servers was terrible for ages.

It's worth ten bucks for sure. If you like RP and can find an active server to play on, it's a fucking steal.

3. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

You can get NWN 1 [ie. NWN Diamond, which includes every expansion] for only $3.38. I never touched NWN 2 due to its lacklustre support from the community.

I've played the first game many times since 2004. It's always been fun. Some of the fan modules for it have been better than the original game. Fan modules are new stories and worlds created by budding dungeon masters and story tellers using the NWN engine. I know of at least one well-regarded fanfic author who crossed over to making NWN modules to tell stories. You can play through them as single player, or with a multi-player party.

As for active servers, I checked my own ISP. We have a pretty small market share [3% of the Aussie market I think], but we still have two NWN 1 servers up. No NWN 2 servers, but that isn't a surprise. I'm sure there are active servers close to wherever you live.

4. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

A brief look at Neverwinter Connections and there still seems to be a decent number of campaigns going. Might have to dust off my CDs and try and get into it again.

5. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

6. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Definitely agree with Middy, NWN is one of my personal all time favorite games. Its a little old sure but its still very fun and engaging if your into fantasy games at all. I liked NWN2 well enough but it was completely inferior to the first game in every way except graphics. As for its expansions, Mask of the Betrayer was actually pretty good but the other two were just embarrassingly awful to the point where I try very hard to pretend they don't exist.

7. yak

Greenman Gaming is running "GMG's Best of 2011!" sale this week. You won't see it on their website, it's only on their Twitter feed.

Today's game is Arkham Asylum City. It's already discounted from $49.95 down to $34.96. With the extra sale voucher [BATAR-ANGBA-RGAIN] brings it down to £14.67 / $24.47 / €24.47. It does NOT include a Steam code. You have to use GMG's own software to download the game. Hopefully they'll have a few Steam games this week.

If you don't use Twitter, but you do use RSS, then this link is an Atom feed for your RSS reader. It'll allow you to follow GMG's Twitter feed without signing up. http://search.twitter.com/search.atom?q=greenmangaming

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  8. Beonid

Beonid Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Just Cause 2 is 66% off today - not a bad opportunity if you don't have it already.

9. yak

The Lord of the Rings: War in the North is $15 with the voucher. This time it IS a Steam game.

10. xeno121

xeno121 Squib

With all this talk about NWN I checked GoG.com and found that they're currently doing a buy one get one free special for all Hasbro D&D games. You also get Temple of Elemental Evil as a free bonus.

http://www.gog.com/en/news/buy_one_get_one_free_all_dandd_games_on_sale_for_a_whole_week

I'm planning on getting Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 along with Planescape Torment, but I can't decide on a fourth game. I have NWN 1 & 2 (though I lack Kingmaker for the 1st one) and am not interested in Icewind Dale.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  11. Dreamweaver Mirar

Dreamweaver Mirar Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

If you still have that IGN Prime trial, they're giving out free copies of Dawn of Fantasy, a mmorts.

12. yak

13. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

Well you can get Kingmaker easily enough, since the former premium modules for Neverwinter Nights are free to play now.

14. yak

15. nairit

nairit Second Year

Steam Deal:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    10.19 instead of 29.99
    66% off
    All DLC also 66% off.

16. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Human Revolution is definitely worth it for that price.

17. xeno121

xeno121 Squib

Mirror's Edge is also 75% off, I beat it on xbox and it was a fun little game though short, I'll definitely pay $5 for it.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  18. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

19. Master-666

Master-666 Third Year

Cities XL, Mirror's Edge and Deus EX DLC... 14GB and i'm only getting on average 160 KB/S because my ISP is useless, I miss when I used to get 400 KB/S....

20. coleam

coleam Death Eater

I picked up a copy for me and an extra copy for the giveaway. Been wanting to play it after all the good reviews it got.