1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Stellaris

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by BioPlague, May 1, 2016.

1. vlad

vlad Banned ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Thanks. I meant Silos, which have the + mineral adjacency bonus and add 1000 mineral stockpile, and the w/e it's called that acts as a 10% modifier to planet mineral production.

I was worried it was going to be corvette spam :/ Ah hell.

2. Teyrn

Teyrn Order Member

Once you're mid/late game, it can change out to a more balanced fleet. But yeah, vette spam.

Silo's and Mineral Production Plants can be worth building. If you build any dedicated mineral planets, the Production planet is definitely a must build.

The silo is... well, it's mostly built for the +1000 mineral storage, so you can have more reserves during wartime.

3. Oment

Oment The Betrayer DLP Supporter

Have a Stellaris song.

Also, I lost my most recent run to a Fallen Empire awakening with 150k Fleet Power, which was about as much as my entire Federation had.

4. Teyrn

Teyrn Order Member

You can actually take on awakened empire's somewhat easily, if you build your fleet perfectly to counter theirs, and use some sneaky tactics.

5. Oment

Not when you're sitting on 60k FP yourself. I was definitely outtrading them, just not in a 3:1 manner.

6. Teyrn

Teyrn Order Member

It's doable, but it is extremely hard. It also depends on which FE it is, since some are easier to counter. (Notably the one that uses lots of fighters/bombers)

7. Oment

Eh, abandoned that game, did a small-ish Galaxy no FE run to see the AI rebellion spawn.

It just did, now to wait for the achievement to become available.

8. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Voight-Kampff? Good luck. It can take anywhere from 10 to 100 years before it triggers and until then, the AI sabotages your planet tiles and blows up your spaceports. In one game it took me almost 150 years before it triggered.

9. Oment

With the AI rebellion triggered, no chance of other shit happening. I can just leave everything running while I do stuff around the house or watch TV or something.

Of course, I will hope for it triggering earlier rather than later. So far, it's been a Mine, a Physics Lab, and one of my built-up spaceports. (One of the ones I use for reinforcing fleets.)

10. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Yeah, that's more or less what I did, just put it on fastest speed it can go (still went slow as shit because late game always does), and only checked in once every 20 minutes or so. Some shit is just plain tedious.

Anyway, speaking of AI/synths stuff, we'll be getting a new story pack:

Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn Story Pack - Announcement Trailer

11. Oment

I always did want to play as the Daleks.

12. TSN

TSN Auror

So, yesterday I had to abandon a really good game when playing as a Devoured Swarm.

It was mid game, I had 30 something planet I just started building all the mega structure at the same time, (2.300 mineral income ftw, when the xenophobe Empire awoke with deathstack of 250k FP.

He wiped out two out of the 6 remaining AI-empire before the Xenophile decided to join the party and a war in heaven broke out.

Thing is.. 3 out of the 4 Empire quickly became thrall to the Xenophobe guy while I and one of my neighbors decided to stay independent.

Evidently, When it shit happen it happen in 3.. Two of my planet, (the result of Alpha signal and stuff(probably come from a mod since I can't find the actual name of it on google).. You know, the Gaia world with EPIC sciences and energy and mineral building with the 4 spiral.. well.. lesson learned I won't do the chain even for those anymore..) they spawn multitude of super death stack cutting my large Empire in half killing one of my 2 fleet because it was in the wrong place at the wrong time and basically making a mess of my shit forever. (I had two fleet of 60k. One of N-corvettes one of Battleships with t2 gigacannon.

Evidently swing weakness I got invaded by the Xenophobic guy. Forcing me to abdicate and become a thrall. Turning my shit into the red all over.

Once I became a thrall, I lost the system with my Ringwood to a cede planet Wargoal. A few other amazing place. Like the Dragon hoard planet and Sanctuary system.

And obviously.. once the xenophobe won the WiH, I asked for independence. I managed to get it. The following 50year where me fighting a couple other Empire to reclaim both my Dragon hoard and Sanctuary system. Once I got those back Shit obviously wasn't done because the two other Fallen Empire awoke and another WiH started. (Materialist, Spiritualist) and well, Sanctuary IS a Holy planet) with obvious result. (I barely had 30k fleet by then. I decided *to hell with it, I'll start anew later.

Btw, flak canon are hell on naked Corvettes and Titan's ship are strong as fuck. But Evolutionary Virus is fun as hell to release on many planets. They are useful especially when going bio ascension and creating Xenomorph with all the army dmg bonus.

With good enough troop transport ship. I used some corvettes to grab attention and then invade a world even if it still had spaceport. They usually won without anything else to help them.

13. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Bought all the stuff I've been missing, superkeen to do a new run with some synths. :3

14. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Quite happy the paid stuff is robot only, as I've been generally uninterested in robots in this game. All the free featuers will do the trick, bought the last expansion.

15. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

ugh.

God dammit. Playing on Ironman and I accidentally disbanded the wrong fucking frontier post. I lost a collective 50/70 minerals/energy plus all that fucking research -weeps-

16. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

Just so you know, if your game has a sudden and mysterious crash to desktop then you can resume from a previous autosave.

17. BioPlague

BioPlague The Senate DLP Supporter

That's cheating, Mishie.

18. fuubar

fuubar Headmaster

Not sure who all is still playing this, but the new expansion and changes are going to be pretty huge!

Really interested in how things are going to be shaken up with the FTL, starbase, territory and everything else that's changing.

19. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Dev diary here if you don't want to watch the video

20. Teyrn

Teyrn Order Member

I'm rather looking forward to the Global Pacifier mega weapon.

There's just something about it that tickles my funny bone.