1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Stellaris

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by BioPlague, May 1, 2016.

1. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

I've been making my way slowly but surely toward AI revolution I think. I found an ancient civilization chain event that leads me to ring worlds (those are currently in a Fallen Empire's territory), civilization that has been destroyed by robots. I've researched sentient AI and am currently working on Sentient Combat AI. We'll see how it goes.

Here's a screenshot of my current progress. I've started experiencing lag in the past 100 years or so. Since I'm playing Iron man, the game saves every month and it's taking longer and longer every time. I think I might not be able to actually finish this game if the game keeps saving like that if only because I'll be too annoyed by the inevitable 3-5 seconds pausing during the process.

[​IMG]

Blue and Blue on each side are my vassals.

Funny stuff:

At some point half my empire's pop was discontent because the voting rights were primary species only and even though I had like 40%+ Time Lords POP, the genetic manipulation I had made to half of them to ensure they could colonize Ocean or to grant them more intellect led the game to consider them another species.

2. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Got my first bug:

Cursor isn't rendering in game nor in launcher.

3. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

Laptops users:

The Custom Empire screen does not have the icon to select if you want your custom empires to be loaded randomly, all the time or never, into the game. It has something to do with the resolution being fucked up. You have 2 options.

1. Open your settings.txt file in the Stellaris doc and set the gui_scale to 0.8 or something like that. Save. Open the game and you should now see the nice icon. Obviously you can't play that way because of the offset thingy. Just select what you want, generate your game and then go back and reset to default.

2. Open the user_empire_designs.txt and change spawn_enabled to (yes, no, always). Start game.

If anyone has a better idea on how to fix this, let me know.

4. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Can someone report what happens if you fly a ship into the galactic core?

5. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

Played about 4-5 more hours after work, about 40 more years of in game time, bringing me up to 2280 (obvious there's a lot of people who are a lot farther along than me). My empire is doing pretty well, being maxed on energy, and making 225 minerals per month. Fleet size is about 5k, just started building battleships but I've been upgrading spaceports like mad to increase the cap.

I've got a couple sectors now, but I've got to give them some more resources I think because they're underdeveloped and not really doing anything on their own. I have yet to get any vassals or conquer any enemy civs, but my fleet is large enough to take out one of the smaller ones probably, though I think most of them are all in some sort of alliance.

Managed to get some decent techs finished. I already mentioned the battleships, but I also got the rare "manifest destiny" tech which gives 20% to borders, which allowed me to get like 4 or 5 more systems into my range to mine and build research stations on, which was sweet.

Found an industrial age civ as well, which I can observe. I need to built a frontier outpost close to it though in order to build an observation thing, and I don't really have room for another, unless I go down to +1 power per month, which isn't enough to do anything with. I've already got 4 set up, and I'm honestly not sure what will happen if I remove one - will I lose the border around it and eventually lose the mining/research stations?

Oh, and I've found one fallen empire so far, but thankfully they're in a corner of the galaxy. I just have to be careful of messing with a holy site, because they'll come after me if I do.

-edit- Oh, and if anyone is really bored, you can find my sessions here: https://www.twitch.tv/daphnegreengrass/profile

6. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

You can't. You have to send them on systems, and since there are none in the galactic core...

7. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I love how there are already Star Trek mods in the works. If we get a dev team that has the same skill and dedication as the people who did CK2-AGOT, it'll probably be the best Star Trek game ever made.

8. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Personally, I'm hoping for a Babylon 5 mod.

This game is ripe for it.

Not that you can't make your own brand of Shadows with what's in the game, but they're not a Fallen Empire.

[​IMG]

Look at them, they're perfect.

9. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah, if you lose the outpost you lose the border and the income from any mining/research stations in those systems.

10. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

I've gotten over the fear of warring people at this point. While I was exploring the galaxy, I ran into someone who told me to fuck off and die. I invaded their asses and now I own all their territory. So, at this point I have like 4 fleets at different sectors of my Empire dealing with different shit. I've uplifted the two planets I found and they are doing pretty well for themselves, though one keeps getting attacked by the assholes to the south and it brings me into the whole thing so I had to take over their planets. Turns out that they were invading that whole location anyway and now my Empire is pretty diverse in demographics.

I have 67% natives, 11% robots, 2% of one of the uplifted races, 1% of the invaded race, 7% of a race that seceded from their main empire and 10% from the guys who keep invading my vessels.

And when I was researching one of the non-uplifted races, I kidnapped one of their scientists and made him one of my science leaders. So my empire is becoming the super diverse elitist society I wanted it to be. I just need to finally get Robot ethics and grant the robots in my empire freedom. I hope it comes sooner rather than later since I already researched Sentient AI so I really hope I don't get a robot uprising on my hands.

On an unrelated note, anybody know how to get happiness under control?

11. JErosion

JErosion DA Member

After my initial teething playing a Human race I decided to do a new game as a Reptilian(the Voldemort looking one) thats a spiritualist, militant and individualist that live on an arid, I had another empire next door practically one system away that was a fungoid militarist and fanatical individualist with Ocean worlds as their home type... I think the two of us will be doing beautiful things together... it doesn't hurt that taking them over raising both my mineral and energy income by 20+ lord knows they weren't doign anything with it

12. Haze

Haze Second Year

I've been completely disgusted by my current game. Insidious aliens are more loyal to me than fellow humans.

On another note, i solved my massive mineral shortage only to replace it with an energy shortage. Turns out, just building everything i can everywhere was not the best of ideas. (At least, i assume that is why i am in the deficit).

I wish there was a trait or race that had Immortality. Everyone keeps dying :/

Last edited: May 11, 2016
  13. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

Enduring is a really strong trait and of course you can get venerable but it's so expemsive...I think they need more negative traits options if only so we could pick venerable and another 1 point positive.

14. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Empire update:
    [​IMG]

Twenty-five years on I've more than doubled my research and am extending my reach upon the stars above. (Uh... well that just gave me a new civ idea.)

I'm having a bit of trouble with a planet where my species, 'The Mugi', have genetically enhanced themselves and formed a violent 'Post-Mugi' civilization who frequently clash with the regular old unenhanced Mugi population.

[​IMG]

They're Industrious, Venerable, Rapid Breeders and Strong... and they're extremely angry. All the goddamn time. I tried researching techs to allow alien leaders so one of their own could lead them, but I never get a post-mugi governor pop up in the recruitment list. Anyone know what I can do?

On another alien note, I've been slowly but surely uplifting all the primitive civs inside my borders (there were five) and vassalising then integrating them into my empire. I made the mistake of having the first empire I uplifted being xenophobes, and right now they're all super unhappy at being part of the glorious Spore Empire, but I'm sure we can all be friends eventually, once they get used to being 'conquered'.

As you can see on the bottom right of my empire, I also finally said 'fuck it' and started blobbing past my allies, the green dudes. If they're going to be all slow about filling in the uninhabited parts of the galaxy, then I'll just have to do it for them.

I think I might throw in the can on this game though and try again on a harder difficulty. Although I feel like I've barely gotten anywhere with the tech advancement so far. Thoughts?

15. Alindrome

Bugs I've encountered so far:

-Can't genetically modify my people. The science ship just flits back and forth between 'researching' and 'moving' until the project runs out of time. Behaviour doesn't change on reload.

-My money is constantly in the red for no reason, and then on reload goes back in the black. The difference is often something like -30 energy per turn. I think it's to do with establishing new colonies and going over the world limit: when I sector off a new planet, the energy penalty doesn't update properly.

16. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

Are you using the Wormhole method of travel? If so there was a bug where your vessel would get stuck trying to use an ally's wormhole and not perform anything else. If the vessel is besides the research project, I remember having this bug as well. I can't remember what I did to fix it.

I did manage to modify my own pop. Do you lack border access to reach all the world you selected for the modification?

When you setup a new colony and you're already maxed out on Core Planets, the colony setup counts as a planet even though it doesn't show. You probably get the malus "Inefficient planet/sector management"?

I want to point out the magnificence of your empire. I wish to recreate it in my own games, so I will ask:

How did you setup The Mungi up? (Ethos, traits, etc.)

I also want to point out how AWESOME the music is. Seriously. Some track remind me of Interstellar and I really feel like space is this great thing that I'm trying to unravel.

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  17. Tutorial Boss

Tutorial Boss Seventh Year

18. Alindrome

Nope, hyperlanes.

No, I had my scientist positioned directly next to the place the research was based (my homeworld). It just juttered in and out of doing it forever.

Fanatic Materialists (because of course) for the super research boost. It was a toss up between pacifist and individualist for either nicer neighbours or more money. In the end I went pacifist, but I had such a large army the whole game that I sort of regret it. The science focus let me go for a Science Directorate, which lets you choose one extra research option - extremely nice.

My traits were: diligent* for more minerals (the most important resource early game) and intelligent for even more crazy research. To balance this, I picked sedentary (higher migration time) and weak (-20% army damage). Neither negative traits seem to have impacted me too much.

*Edit: industrious, whoops thanks.

I just focused heavily on getting minerals early game to the exclusion of all else, and built a fleet to keep up with my militant neighbour who hated my guts.

19. Tutorial Boss

Tutorial Boss Seventh Year

Little thing I figured out to my disappointment: Industrious/Strong(which I assume you mean Diligent to be, maybe a translation thing?) Mineral bonuses only applies to on-planet tiles. Which kinda sucks, because I much prefer space expansion and orbitals early game, but it's great lategame when you have a few forgeworlds pumping stuff up.

20. Alindrome

My mistake. I did mean industrious.

Also, I borked it. :D
    [​IMG]