1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Stories that you've written in the last year, but haven't posted

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Anarchy, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Vulcan

Vulcan Groundskeeper

The story I never was able to finish - Potter the Great and Powerful.

The story about post-war Harry Potter. After Dumbledore's death he ends up as the only symbol of 'Light'.
    Harry Potter, the Chosen One, Vanquisher of Voldemort. Incredibly powerful Light wizard. Some call him the second coming of Merlin.
    Only Harry himself and several others know the truth. All the incredible feats of Harry's magic are pre-arranged by Hermione (Polyjuice, Time-Turner, Memory charms, Weasley inventions 'not for sale' etc). The Girl Behind the Сurtain uses the legend of Boy-Who-Lived to push through reforms, to forge better relationship with sentient races and Muggle world.
    Harry hates what he had become - essentially, a more successful version of Lockhart. But he understands Hermione's reasoning - if the world knows the truth, Wizardling Britain can revert to the pre-War version of it, when pureblood bigotry ruled.

I know I'll never finish this story so feel free to use it.

2. Captain Trips

Captain Trips High Inquisitor

That sounds horrible. It is like all those Hermione knows better fics cranked up to eleven.

3. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Those are mostly terrible because they're so un-self-aware. A deliberate deconstruction of that trope has the potential to be quite good.

4. Peace

Peace High Inquisitor

Harry/ASOIAF [otherwise known as an excuse to pair Harry with Daenerys]:

This never got beyond the ‘interesting concept’ phase and 500 words.

18 year old Harry arrives in Essos with just his wand, the clothes on his back and the gold in his pockets. He can’t remember how he arrived – his clothes are torn and he’s bleeding from a head wound. Within hours of his arrival a religious group stumble on him – let’s call them Followers of the True Path – and accuse him of trespassing on sacred land. Things turn violent fast and sixty seconds later two of the Followers are dead, three are unconscious and Harry’s running away.

He eventually arrives in an unnamed city only to realise that the Followers virtually run the city, that he doesn’t speak the language and that the Battle of Hogwarts was safer than the daily risks people run in this world just to survive. He signs on with a mercenary outfit (the Legion) as a new recruit, figuring it to be the fastest way out of town.

Seven years later Harry commands a company in the Legion, his rise assisted by some careful spellwork and a surprising talent for medieval warfare. He’s still hunted by the Followers, whose search has attracted attention from other interested parties, and he has his eyes on leadership of the Legion or starting his own outfit. There are many mercenaries who’d serve with INSERT EPITHET HERE. He’s given up all hope of returning home, accepting it as beyond his magical abilities and has settled for achieving a comfortable life in Essos.

Then he hears rumours of dragons and slave revolts in Slaver’s Bay.

5. Vulcan

Vulcan Groundskeeper

That's the point; Hermione DOESN"T know best. Even Harry doesn't believe it, but he owes her too much (Ron Weasley deserted them in DH and never returned) and doesn't have any alternate plan (after Hermione pointed out that becoming Auror will simply turn him into a Ministry stooge).
    The overcomplicated scheme like this can't last forever (too many things can go wrong), and we all can easy imagine the fallout.

6. Nerox

Nerox High Inquisitor

Really horrible.

7. Sn0rkack

Sn0rkack Professor

I've had this idea floating around in my head for a while now. I'll try and keep it simple. Sarutobi names Orochimaru Hokage instead of Minato, the Kyuubi incident happens and Orochimaru actually saves the village, sealing the Kyuubi inside Naruto...along with himself (figures he can take Naruto's body along with control of the Kyuubi in time). So yeah, Kushina's alive, Minato gets named the next Hokage and Naruto's got the Kyuubi and Orochimaru fumbling around inside of him. Orochimaru breaks free eventually, though I never really thought about when or how. Also leaves Minato to deal with the Uchiha.

8. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

Just for the record I asked for that in the Pen & Paper thread. Got some ideas, system noted down too.

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/group.php?groupid=154

I haven't tried it personally, but Mordecai did.

9. xvector

xvector Second Year

POAST IT ALL!!!!

Seriously, some of these ideas are really, really good.