1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Story Searches that don't require their own Threads - II

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Dark Minion, Jan 5, 2015.

1. bobodoll131

bobodoll131 First Year

High Score:
    I need help finding a oneshot I read some time ago.

It had a vague backstory with Harry somehow dying, which drove Hermione to begin researching a Dresden Files-style bloodline curse designed to wipe out all the purebloods. Her notes were hidden within a polarized mirror at 12 Grimmauld Place, which was discovered by Draco, who served as the POV character. Think it ended around that revelation, possibly being part of a ficlet collection.

Might've been on DLP, but searching keyword combinations has been futile. Probably improperly listed somewhere on ff.net.

2. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Are there any stories that focus on a Defense professor struggling against or trying to escape the curse on the position?

3. KGB

KGB Headmaster

DLP fic where Harry sets up a detective agency after canon?

But the detective agency was more odd jobs than anything.

From what I remember Pansy was his secretary/helper (or maybe Daphne, to me those might as well be the same person), Abeforth was involved to some degree and one of Harry's early driving forces was finding someone that would teach him carpentry.

I think the name involved 1-800 somehow, but that awful time travel fic is all that comes up when I try to search.

Can't remember the author, but I'm sure it was on WBA as well.

Any ideas?

4. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    There's 0800-Rent-A-Hero, which is a "summoned into another HP world", but isn't the story you're after, just the similar title. I do remember the fic you're talking about

Or could maybe be False Pretenses. Harry/Pansy, PI Harry?

5. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
  6. KGB

KGB Headmaster

7. Iraclelux

Iraclelux Squib

There is this fic I've been feeling nostalgic about and would like to read again. Sadly, I can't remember the name. I forgot to save it because I was in a rush to read a Harry Potter fic... Vindico something?

Now this fic I'm searching for is a Harry Potter/X-Men crossover fic. In it Xavier has a secret wife and child. His child caused havoc with his powers and the X-Men and Harry were alerted.

I think Harry also fought red guardian in this fic.

8. Sam Thompson

Sam Thompson Muggle

I need to find azkaban's heir by katling does anyone have it ?

9. Goten Askil

Goten Askil Groundskeeper

10. Altina

Altina Squib

High Score:
    Trying to search for a fanfic I read many years ago. Not sure if it was in DLP library or almost recommended.

I don't know exactly what the overarching plot or pairing was but I remember one of the plot points was Harry doing an OWL year project that was an extension of Lily's schooltime project. Another line that amused me in that same fanfic was that James turned into Prongs for his OWL exam to show his "human-animal transfiguration" earning as high marks as Lily's project.

11. bobodoll131

bobodoll131 First Year

High Score:
    Hi, wondering if anyone here can help me find a oneshot I read a couple of years ago.

As I recall, it's a crossover set in a Harry Potter AU, with elements of Dresden Files. Draco Malfoy as the POV character is working with the Order of the Phoenix, which is in increasingly desperate straits after Harry and Ron died incapacitating Voldemort. As a result Hermione becomes obsessed with revenge, researching a Dresden Files-style bloodline curse that will wipe out all the related Purebloods now that the last ones she cared about are gone. She hides her notes behind a polarized mirror at 12 Grimmauld Place, the investigation of which by Malfoy takes up the bulk of the fic. That's as much as I remember, this might've been a part of a fic collection without much of a setup or resolution.