1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Story Searches that don't require their own Threads - II

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Dark Minion, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Arad

Arad Muggle

Hey, everyone.
    I'm actually looking for two specific stories, one because I liked it and the other because I want to be able to reference it (not in a good way). The first, which I remember liking, featured a pretty evil Harry pre-Hogwarts who learned to speak to snakes and got a Black Mamba, which he then used to become a serial killer using under the same name as the snake. The second, I may have repressed as a memory. The pairing was BorginxAragog and took place in the forbidden forest. It wasn't on ff.net, but I think the first one was.

P.S. I've been lurking in the HP (and others) Fanfiction community for some time, but I recently joined this site to become a little more involved. Please tell me if I'm using this thread correctly and if not, where I should post instead.

2. South of Hell

South of Hell Third Year

Are there any fics with one or more reasonable Dursleys that aren't invested in making life hell for Harry? I think it's an interesting dynamic which is rarely explored.

3. Gurukid

Gurukid Third Year

Anyone remember a story (probably a decade old) where Harry isn't a wizard, but a "mage" and he's hated by the wizarding world because of it? He can't do things like Transfiguration, but he's got a bunch of other powers. I'm pretty sure it's over 100,000 words and had an epic feel to it. I remember he is sent to Azkaban, but he breaks out eventually using his "mage sight". Also, I think Professor Sprout (who is a master at Herbology, and she has figured out a way to use weaponized plants in place of arms), Oliver Wood (who is an insane badass), Ginny, Dean (who is a wolf Animagus) and a few others are the last of the Order and they're going on one final mission to invade Durmstrang (I think).

I know it probably sounds terrible, but I remember enjoying it at the time. Jogging anyone's memory?

4. Rhaegar I

Rhaegar I Death Eater

I'm not going to lie, you lost me at "Mage". After I decided to be fair, you then proceeded to lose me again at "hated by the wizarding world because of Harry being special", "sent to Azkaban", and "breaking out of Azkaban thanks to Super-Magic".

5. Gurukid

Gurukid Third Year

Haha. Like I said, I know it sounds terrible. I'm just nostalgic for really old fics right now.

6. Vulcan

Vulcan Groundskeeper

Trust is a Relative Thing by Silverfawkes - https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6611208/1/Trust-Is-A-Relative-Thing

7. golan

golan Temporarily Banhammered DLP Supporter

Was it that fic, where
    Petunia did a lot of politicking in the Wizarding World to get back at Dumbledore, because the wards at Privet Drive made her unable to have children until Harry Potter got 17?

8. Starfox5

Starfox5 Seventh Year

It has got a good, competent Dumbledore, a competent Order, and some nice alternate take on Hogwarts.

9. dmacx

dmacx Groundskeeper

To clarify. Dumbledore didn't want Snape dead. He just wanted him out of Hogwarts.

So, I'm looking for a terrible fic I read awhile (a long long time) ago:

- HBP timeframe.

- Ginny is an animagus. Because of Cliche!Overprotective!Molly, McG applies even-more-cliched rune-tattoos to Ginny's body that restrict her to being a cat, rather than a Lioness or Tiger. Not sure which she was actually supposed to be.

- Harry's time in private lessons with Dumbledore was productive as hell. He utterly destroys Snape in a duel, after Snape starts ranting about "binding Harry's magic" because he thinks Harry is out of control.

I need to find this terribad fic because of a single scene with Flitwick that I found hilarious.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  10. golan

golan Temporarily Banhammered DLP Supporter

My god, kind of bollocks is that?!

11. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

I dread the answer, but at the same time, I have to ask. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?

On topic: I remember reading a fic where Harry and the gang hung out with this half-demon chick. I think the fic featured Necromancer!Hermione.

Probably gonna be utter shit. I remember thinking it was meh and this was during my portkey days.

12. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    And some really ultra cringe worthy relationships... and some gigawat stuff.

13. Starfox5

Starfox5 Seventh Year

Which would be?

14. Insanity

Insanity Second Year DLP Supporter

Hi all

I'm trying to fond a story which was a HP/Stargate crossover, at least loosely. Harry has access to the knowledge of the ancients, lives with or is adopted by the Flamels, founds a company to start producing and selling advanced technology that he creates, and writes several books on other forms of magic like telepathy and telekinesis.

I remember him creating better solar panels to sell. He also studied DNA of various magicals and published a book on his findings.

15. Hero of Stupidity

High Score:
    that sounds like every other SG crossover.... All of them are Harry/other roflstomping those snakes....

16. Vulcan

Vulcan Groundskeeper

I'm trying to find HP story based on Triwizard tournament.
    The story had Harry/Luna pairing, with Hermione and Susan Bones acting as Harry's advisors.
    Harry knocks out Ravenclaw bullies with accidental magic.
    The end of the Third Task - the events at the graveyard are displayed for everybody to see, so Fudge can't deny it.

17. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

That sounds familiar but can't remember it's name. I think at the start Dursleys dies or something and Harry goes to Flamels as adopted kid. Also The PS wasn't stone but an Goa'uld sarcophagus.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  18. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm looking for the story where Harry goes to the Ministry and when the phonebooth voice asks him his name he replied with "Bond, James Bond" to which the phonebooth replied with some Bond reference.

19. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Sounds kind of like Harry Potter and the Third Key. I also enjoyed it when I read it the first go, but haven't read it in a long time. YMMV and all.

20. Hero of Stupidity

High Score:
    Looking for some competent!Ash.. maybe some time travel... either one-shot or longer, preferably complete. (I have read Sun soul). Thanks.