1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Story Searches that don't require their own Threads - II

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Dark Minion, Jan 5, 2015.

1. EliteZero792

EliteZero792 Muggle

I am looking for an old H/Hr fic where in the future Hermione must speak to an imprisoned IIRC Harry for his help on something happening in the magical world with respect to a puzzle or something like that. Harry was very jaded, cynical and witty I think. Hermione may have been married but the endgame was H/Hr. Additionally, Harry may have basically kidnapped Hermione later on in the story. Thanks!

2. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

3. EliteZero792

EliteZero792 Muggle

4. Vulcan

Vulcan Groundskeeper

The story about Harry Potter going to Durmstrang - and he actually has reasons to go there, and not to Hogwarts.
    -) All his new friends has some kind of problems, that made them Outcasts in Durmstrang.
    -) Harry plays as a Beater, but manages to score a few goals when Quaffles are rebounded from his Bludgers.

5. FriedIce

FriedIce Seventh Year

6. theminikiller

theminikiller Third Year

Hi, i'm looking for a LotR crossover i read a while back.
    The story starts in the summer before 6th year I believe. It starts with Harry's birthday where I remember he got a book from Hermione that contained the whole Hogwarts library (i know, i know...), a trunk from Bill Weasley and some kind of sphere which works as some kind of pensieve from Ginny. Well that night something happens and he gets sent to Middle Earth. There he gets adopted by either Elrond or Galadriel i think. He doesn't age but he is still not an elf. He then falls in love with some other elf, but desides to isolate himself from her because he has to go back to his Earth sometime and doesn't want to leave her behind. Eventually they marry and its King Thranduiel who marries them and names Harry as an elf prince of something. Its also abandoned if I remember correctly. That's basically what I remember of the story.
    Wow, when I look back at what the story was about it must suck... but does anyone recognise it?

7. gbbz

gbbz Professor

8. Vulcan

Vulcan Groundskeeper

Are there any GoF stories when Harry is annoyed by Hufflepuff's slander and doesn't warn Cedric about the dragons, and Diggory get killed in the First Task because of it?

9. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've read a few where Harry doesn't warn anybody, or only warns Fleur(guess why) but Cedric dying? The fandom seems to kinda obsessed with Cedric either dying in the graveyard or surviving.

10. Teyrn

Teyrn Order Member

I remember reading a story that's at best a guilty pleasure, but it's been driving me mad trying to remember the name of it.

Basically featured the classic 'Order uses a spell to summon an alternate Harry' plotline, and Dumbledore eventually comes to the conclusion he went with some plan to make a Dark Lord (Harry) that fights other Dark Lords.

Anyone know the name of the fic? It's been driving me bonkers being unable to remember.

11. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This? Probably, this is the only one I can think of.

12. theminikiller

theminikiller Third Year

13. Teyrn

Teyrn Order Member

That was it, thanks.

14. golan

golan Temporarily Banhammered DLP Supporter

I once read a story, where Harry Potter goes back in time and kills both Dumbledore and Grindelwald (or just Dumbledore, I forgot). Than either he or a Tom Riddle Jr., who didn't become Voldemort, becomes the Headmaster of Hogwarts (he probably also put Grindelwald down or I'm mixing up stories here). You know the title?
    EDIT: It's not "Unsealed" by esama.
    EDIT: It's "For The Greater Good" by marietsy2.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  15. Vulcan

Vulcan Groundskeeper

Instead of Hagrid, Harry gets his Hogwarts letter from Septima Vector. She immediately spotted inconsistences in what she sees and what Dumbledore always declared, but figured out she can't openly go against Dumbledore, so she subtly helps Harry with a help of few others.

16. IAmJustAnotherGuy

IAmJustAnotherGuy Seventh Year

Any good Harry Potter/Bioshock Infinite crossovers out there? I didnt know if this merits its own thread since I can't seem to find one anywhere.

17. Bramastra

Bramastra Groundskeeper

You should start your own thread, doubt you'll get many recs though.

18. Vulcan

Vulcan Groundskeeper

The story about Vernon Dursley having enough common sense to turn problem into asset. Which means he plans to use Harry's magical powers to ensure his success - for example prank potions to debilitate his rivals at work... and I don't need to tell you what he needs Lust Potions for. :D
    -) Vernon finds the parents of another muggleborn witches and wizards to start networking.
    -) While Harry and Dudley get along, Petunia still hates magic and tolerates Harry's presence only for Vernon's sake.

19. esran

esran Professor

Compound Interest
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10381381/1/Compound-Interest

20. IAmJustAnotherGuy

IAmJustAnotherGuy Seventh Year

Thanks. I'll give it a go.