1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Super Sm4sh Brothers

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Heleor, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

http://www.smashbros.com/us/

The fourth (and fifth?) versions of Super Smash Brothers are coming out this year. I'm surprised nobody's been talking about it, but there's been a lot of news revealed, between the first trailer, the daily photo updates, the 30 minute Direct feed, the first Official tournament, a demo station at many locations all over the world, and today's new character announcements!

7/14: New Character Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9ytrX0wweA

I got a chance to play it at the Best Buy demo and it was definitely fun. I enjoy playing Melee, but I enjoyed playing Brawl as well, so I'm taking it as a new version that's just going to be fun. Anyone else hyped?

2. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

It's been discussed a little in the E3 thread. The general consensus is its going to depend on how the Miis balance out. I just don't want the Miis to detract to much from the characters, otherwise whats the point of the title just make another game.

I've been waiting for a sequel to smash for years, usually me and some mates if drinking at home pop out the wii or gamecube and go at it for a couple hours.

Be nice to add some new blood in the series.

3. Owimbowé

Owimbowé Fourth Year

I couldn't get my hands on the game but the general consensus seems to be that the pace is faster than brawl but slower than melee, as Sakurai promised. The miis and the customization of the moves is actually a good idea imo because their use will be limited online. And yeah the online looks really promising after the horrible experience of Brawl's online ( anonymous players, the infamous taunt parties, numerous lags...).

I'm definitely hyped !

4. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

Looking forward to it as well, though might take a bit of time to get used to it. Not sure if online will ever be doable though. TV monitor lag when it's not in game mode is enough to put you off the game - can't imagine how much internet lag would effect it.

A group of my friends play a lot Super Smash every time we meet up. Almost become a tradition. We started on Melee, then Brawl and now we play Project M, which is a mod for Brawl.

Project M takes the best bits of Melee and Brawl, and then makes it a lot more balanced than the original one was. It's almost like a completely different version altogether - it has 2 non-Brawl characters (Roy and Mewtwo), some characters have completely different and original attacks (eg, Ivysaur gets solar beam, stun spore and is generally completely different from normal Brawl) and the physics are more in line with Melee (fast fall times, faster movement, less recovery time, less jump). Generally a more fun and competitive game in my opinion.

If anyone who likes Brawl hasn't tried it, I'd recommend it. Very easy to install if you have an NTSC or a Japanese PAL version of the game. Very hard if you have a non-Japanese PAL version.