1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Rahkesh Asmodaeus, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

There's also Mario Strikers, Rehio. I'm not sure how that is over multiplayer, though my brother-in-law has never seemed to have trouble with it.

2. Zield

Zield Fourth Year

I forgot this was coming out now, I guess I'll pick it up after work tomorrow(If I can find it). I hope they didn't change fox any. He's my favorite crazy speed and ridiculous power without the need to morph like with Zelda/Sheik.

And yeah Wiis are still crazy hard to find in Maryland just like everywhere else.

3. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Has anyone who's got it had any trouble with playing online?

4. Nobody

Nobody Backtraced

As you know, Sree, I have. But just with you. Dunno if it's a personal connection problem or if I can play fine with others. Will have to check at one point.

5. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    Those Wal-mart stock boys are some mad hook-ups yo.

How my friend got his - brother works stock and just asked him to put one aside.

6. Nobody

Nobody Backtraced

FUCK YEAH. All characters and levels unlocked in Brawl. I'm happy now. What's everyone else's progress, if you're bothering? I love unlocking shit in games.

7. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

All chars, All stages, like half of the trophies, SSE at 95ish%.

Of course, I had it since January. I love being Japanese in Japan.

...Favorite characters? Mine're Ike, Peach, Sheik, Link, and, eh... Lucario.

8. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Lutris: Nintendo fails at online in North America. -_-

9. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I did for the last 4 months to give it a fair trial burn in run.

It's fucking absolute garbage. I went and got a performance version of Xp SP 2, updated to Feb 2008. Installed in 10 minutes or so from the time I turned the PC on, to was able to use the internet. Takes 15 seconds at boot up from power, to surfing. 5 seconds power off.

10. Lindow

Lindow Professor DLP Supporter

So, I finally got this yesterday, and I love it. One of my favorite games. Though the only part I don't like is adventure mode, or whatever name they gave it. I find it horribly boring.

11. LogrusMage

LogrusMage Supreme Mugwump

Subspace is awesome. A plot without dialog, and ridiculously well done. All of the levels remind me of old Nintendo games, especially Kirby - Superstars and the original Metroids.

Sakurai has outdone himself.

12. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

A lot of people hate it, for some reason. I don't exactly love it, but I'd much rather this than the Adventure mode they had in Melee. This at least has a plot. And it's a lot more difficult, and much longer. They can't exactly make a long game out of a fighting game like this, but they managed to do so with Subspace. It adds a little orginality to the game, and doesn't detract from it in any way. If you don't like it, you don't have to play it. The game is mainly meant for multiplayer, anyways. Now if Nintendo could just fix their fucking multiplayer online...

13. LogrusMage

LogrusMage Supreme Mugwump

I'm having no trouble playing online, except for the amazing amount of Tourney-fags who will only play on Final Destination -_-.

I get massive lag in the first three seconds, then smooth sailing with the occasional timing difference.

14. Nobody

Nobody Backtraced

I'm now able to use it somewhat reliably; it depends on my internet more now. At least I was able to play with you and LINKed once rather than not at all. :/

I'll post my friend code here once I find my Wii and hook it up.

edit: Friend code is 0387-8455-7630. Whenever I'm around, I'm up for playing. Ask me in Yahoo/AIM/MSN. Info's under my ava.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2008
  15. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Hmm, that's good news. Perhaps I'll try later on today.

16. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

Finally got it and I haven't stopped since. I loved the subspace story-line and the new characters are all fairly interesting.
    Started using King Dedede, and Diddy Kong, along with Pikachu. Metaknight is awesome as well.

17. Nobody

Nobody Backtraced

This thread cannot die. Post some friend codes! I'm bored! PM or message using info under ava!

edit: Well, it worked fine with LINKed involved. I think we just need a third person. :/

Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  18. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

::lulzes::

I'm still pissed that I can't own Nobody in it because of Nintendo's fucked up WiFiC.

19. Los Fuegos

Los Fuegos First Year

Well I got the game, and I have to say, overall, a very good game. I really liked how they didn't have any major changes, more characters, more interactive environments, more features yadda yadda. One of the things that stood out the most with me, is that they stopped making "clones" of older characters. i.e. Ganondorf is a Captain Falcon "clone".

Another thing i liked was the online play. For me, it seemed like it always had a good speed, never really lagged too much, not nearly as good as xbox live, but a step in the right direction.

And now we move onto the story mode..... Subspace Emissary. IMO, it was a solid waste of eight or so hours of gametime. It was boring the first level, and it was boring the last level. The maze at the very end can go die, i spent 3 hours doing that level alone. But the added feature of Co-Op almost made up for it.

Overall, I give Brawl a 9/10

20. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

... online works good for you? Faggot. It's always lagged for me, the few times it decided to work.