1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Super Street Fighter 4: AE Edition

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Mog, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Mog

Mog DA Member

I was wondering if anyone else is interested in picking it up. Picked it up last week for $26 :nyan: and I am hoping to find some sparring partners.

Just as a heads up, I only got into fighting games recently so I will most likely be ass. However, if that doesn't deter you Steam account is Mogboss, feel free to add me.

Character(s) I'm planning on playing:

ATM - Oni
    Maybe, but highly doubt it - Adon

2. Inexistence

Inexistence Seventh Year

I'm going to try and scrounge the money together to get it. Hopefully I can grab some friends and make them get a 4-pack on Steam with me.

I'll probably be boring and stick with Ryu, I'll test out other characters, but Ryu is nice and simple for me...

3. Havoc

Havoc Seventh Year

Clearly, I play. So, I'll be down to help you out, and get you up to speed on the fundamentals of the game.

4. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

FYI, Havoc sucks. And when he loses, he rages. So he's in a perpetual state of rage when you play. I beat his best player with Dan and he almost imploded.

But yes, Havoc and I play this game regularly. What system do you have it on? I would guess PC since today is the day it came out... but you said last week so I'm not sure.

5. Mog

Mog DA Member

Okay been playing for almost two weeks now and I know what I need help with. In practice mode I can do combos and hit confirms with a good rate of success. However, as soon as i get online I get thrown, randomly dp'd and can't deal with jump pressure at all. I've tried to play Oni and moved past Adon to Bison where I finally start winning matches. Mostly through his S.MK, S.RH and easy Scissor pressure, I've been able to win quite a few but I realize that I'm doing "scrub tactics". I've a extremely hard time teching Ken throws in particular do to constant fear of DPs they throw out whenever I try a block string.

Right now, I play it on PC against 7001 Kens :(

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  6. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Are you on now? I'll be happy to play and give you tips (if I turn out to be better than you). What's your GFWL ID?

7. Mog

Mog DA Member

I'll be on tomorrow probably around 6-ish PST if you are on then, done with games for today. My GFWL is VinylicMuffin.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  8. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Sure thing. I think I'll have time for a few games before I have to go to a party. I think my ID is deliriousidoit.