1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Super Street Fighter IV

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Rahkesh Asmodaeus, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

DOES ANYONE ON DLP PLAY THIS!?

Out of 6000+ people, the only other person I know (on here) that plays this is Havoc. No one else? That's 0.00033% of people on DLP that plays the most popular fighting game out right now.

And by play I don't mean you have the game and put it in every few weeks -- I mean you have the game and more often than not it's in your console. And that you know who Daigo and Justin Wong are.

Me and Havoc are bored. If you do play, come play with us on the PSN. If you're an XBL fag get SFIV for the PC and play us on that. :S

Get hype!

[yt]FB1VDHY6PIo[/yt]

2. Havoc

Havoc Seventh Year

Rule #0 of Street Fighter: Learn Fundamentals.
    Rule #1 of street fighter: Don't jump.

3. Inexistence

Inexistence Seventh Year

I'm hoping for a PC version of SSFIV. I got SFIV while it was on sale, and loved it. Played it like hell for weeks. I'm doubting Super will come to PC though, so I guess I'll just have to deal with not playing it :(

4. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I play. And I've played YOU BOTH, jerknuts. I mean, really!

5. Havoc

Havoc Seventh Year

It's okay Jeram. Sree doesn't count you for some reason, but I do.

6. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Jeram: you play, but not frequently, that's why I didn't count you. You're always playing FFXIII when I see you online, while if you look at me or Havoc, we're almost always playing SSFIV. I'm looking for people who play this game frequently and are close to our (me and Havoc) level. And what happened to your friend? I thought we were gonna play over the weekend.

7. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Oh that's true - but I'm very close to completing that game (for my own arbitrary milestones).

And sorry about the weekend - we ended up handing outdoors in the city (can you imagine?), so we didn't have time to play until late, and by then you weren't online. But I will make sure we set aside time for the next opportunity.

8. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

I used to play a lot... I guess I could get back into it. My internet here is shitty though.

9. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

It may or may not come out for PC, Inexistence. The person who leaked out MvC3 also said that there would be a PC version of Super, and I think he also mentioned the arcade release of Super. So he's reliable... but so far there's been no official mention of anything of the sort.

10. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

I played a friend's copy of SFIV, but I'm holding out for a PC version of SSFIV.

And if one doesn't come out, Capcom can fuck itself in the ass with a rusty pike.

Much of what I've heard so far is a lot of "They won't release it for PC because of the amount of piracy there was with SFIV."

So let me get this straight: Not releasing the game on PC will keep them from losing money? More money than they'll lose by not selling a PC version? Right...

Anyway, I've always been a Cammy fan, but I was surprised how much I enjoyed playing as Crimson Viper. Some people whine that she doesn't look like a SF character, that she's more like SNK... whatever. If that's true, after some of the dopey looking SF characters I've seen over the years, it's probably a good thing.

Of course, they also claim her fighting style isn't very SF. :rolleyes:
    Well, she isn't one of the hundred Shoto Clones bogging down the game, if that's what they mean.

Ryu and all the characters that either fight like him or look like him... Yawn.

Plus, hey, first USA female and first mother in the game; that's cool too.

I wish I had the money to blow on an arcade stick because, frankly, trying to bust moves on my old Firestorm Dual Analog 3 just leaves me with a case of rage and sore fingers.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  11. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Fighters aren't really a PC gamers thing, Warlocke. Releasing SFIV on the PC was basically a test by Capcom, they wanted to see how well it would do. It didn't do bad by any means, but didn't do extremely well either (I think). Then came the news that SFIV was one of most pirated titles of 2009. It's not just a simple port to the PC, they have to optimize it for the various windows machines out there and shit like that. So they have to dedicate resources to a game that may or may not make enough money to make it worthwhile -- but they know for sure it will be pirated like mad.

There's really no incentive to make it for the PC. Most people who actually bought it on the PC don't have a good way of playing it, mouse and keyboard just doesn't cut it for this game. Most gamepads for the PC suck -- the most obvious one, the Xbox 360 controller, is absolutely HORRIBLE for fighting games. But if you have a 360 controller, you're more than likely to have a console, which means you wouldn't buy the game for the PC. And unfortunately, most people don't know about the Mad Catz fightpads. Or they do know about them, but the fact that they're from Mad Catz automatically makes them not want to buy it (not realizing that the SFIV line from Mad Catz is actually pretty fucking good quality).

Face it, PC gamers are generally not fighting gamers. Fighting games have traditionally only been released on the consoles only (after arcades), so fighting gamers usually have consoles.

But hey, hopefully I'm wrong. This guy says that Super SFIV is pretty much guaranteed for the PC, and he's been incredibly reliable so far. He leaked the changelist and new characters for Super weeks in advance of any official statement, and also leaked MvC3 way in advance. But it's been nearly half a year, and no sign yet of Super for the PC.

12. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

I'm not sure there is any such thing as a PC gamer anymore, just gamers that can't afford a new PC and the current consoles. :(

Most of my RPG/gaming group spend as much time on WoW as they do playing stuff on their various consoles; fighting games included.

Want to hear something funny/sad?

Waaay back in the day, I bought SSFII for PC for 14.95. For that princely sum, you received the game, the live action movie on VHS, the movie soundtrack on CD, AND a six button gamepad.

lol, I think the low price was an apology for including the movie and its soundtrack (and probably the low-rent gamepad.

13. Havoc

Havoc Seventh Year

After a successful test run of using livestream, I'm thinking that to have DLP member aware of Street Fighter, and fighting games in general, I'll be streaming fight matches online. That doesn't mean I'll solely be showing SFIV, I'll probably also stream some SC2 matches.